Happy Holidays!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays!!!

A belated Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays to all! This year has been one of the busiest I've experienced in a long time! We sold our inn, moved to a new home, completed training the new owners on running the inn, handles all aspects of running the haunted attraction, finished up the haunting season, hosted our Fright Team Appreciation Dinner and Golden Ghoul Awards and then we went to California for 10 days, which was a family and friend visiting frenzy. Unfortunately, our Fright Team / House Manager resigned after our first weekend of operation due to stress related illness. She was working two jobs and trying to manage the Fright Team as well. I'm still trying to get caught back up, after returning from the trip to Cali. We may be moving our attraction again after all for the 2008 season and, if so, we'll have the month of December to do it. It’s a long story and we don't have a new location if and when we determine whether or not we're moving it. We may be trying to move the entire thing into storage. That's going to be a huge undertaking, since the attraction is huge now and very complex. Keep your fingers crossed that things work out for the best for us; they usually do. ; ) I'm just thankful I don't still have an inn to worry about! At any rate, I really do miss my correspondence with everyone and I intend to be better at checking in and keeping the lines of communication open with my haunt family. My New Year's resolution is to strike a better balance in my life. I have a feeling that's one of many areas that will always maintain room for improvement.

I sincerely hope that you are all enjoying an incredibly blessed Holiday Season! I know I am and I'm forever thankful.

Great Big Haunting Hugs to All!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Wow, you have been busy! Sorry to hear about losing your house manager, are you talking about Mari... if so, that sucks, she was great.

I have my fingers crossed for you guys, hope you don't have to put it all in storage. We have to put it all in storage now, but we are one step up from last year. I purchased a 45' semi-trailer and it all lives in there now, MUCH better then having to rent a uhaul and a storage space!

So, how was your haunting season in general? Anything worth adding to the latest reprint of the book?

Keep us up to date, hope it all works out.

-Joel-
    Heartstoppers
    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Kelly

And what was the deal with MYSpace? Did you ever get an explaination?
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks Joel! Yes, it was Mari who resigned. She's had a lot of stress in her life and she nedded to simplify and take care of herself. I've been thinking that maybe next year, when I have time, I could elaborate on several of the chapters in my book, but then the book might get so big that it's cost prohibitive. I've also been thinking about producing a companion book to the first, which is more likely. I plan to write a book of a more spiritual nature, not religious, this winter though and that's a priority for me right now. We didn't see the dramatic increase in numbers we had hoped for this year and that is part of the reason we are most likely going to be moving the attraction. We did fine, but we're realizing that operating in a tourist town of 2,200 people and pulling our guests in from cities a minimum of one hour away is very challenging. We seriously believe we could double our numbers, and therefore experience even greater success, closer to the population. As it turns out, the majority of our attending audience is from the surrounding cities and not tourists visiting Eureka Springs. It looks like we'll begin tearing down the attraction tomorrow, beginning with the removal of all the lighting, sterwo and electrical components, removal of the overhead camo netting and taking everything off of the walls and out of the rooms. We've got a huge job ahead of us, but once it's done we can begin our search for a new building and plans for next year's haunt. By the way Joel, congratulations of getting the first year under your belt my friend! The first year can be tough, but it's always an incredible learning experience.

Greg, I never did get an answer from Myspace. I did go ahead and create a new page at the same URL, www.myspace.com/eurekascreams and I need to get on there again soon and post an update. We also got a lot of attention from the press and media and I need to get our website updated with this. So much to do and so little time. LOL

Kel
        Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 11-25-2007, 01:22 PM.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

That's stinks that Mari had to leave... She was really fun to be around! I'm really looking forward to this second book, as you know I loved the first one Kel! I hope everything works out well for the move, and I have a good feeling that this move will better the attraction (as in increased numbers) as well! Good luck!!! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sorry for things not working out the way you hoped Kel, but I am sure that the best is yet to come...
            Ron
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

The Ravens Grin is in a rural setting, small town of 1,700 retired farmers . The main employer here is now the nursing home, second the school.
              Remaining in the same location for the last 20 years is a huge help to get your numbers "up". Keeping the same business name also helps alot.
              Just a few moments ago a man returned to see the place bringing his kids and their friend. He was here ten years ago. I have people every week who are returning after three, five, ten years. Last October I began an informal survey in the front room and I found out that 80% of them were first timers!!??
              Hauntedillinois and my own web site were very instrumental in achieving this along with my busting my hump for the last 20 years attempting to impress people with what I have here to offer them to create my own un-paid walking advertising machine of happy past visitors spreading the word.

We all realise how fortunate we were when we had a certain really good employee.
              The last several years I have been very fortunate in having several! WOW!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This is my first year to miss coming to your attraction (I'm totally bummed but life got in the way and I couldn't make it up there). I really think you should find somewhere in Springdale or Fayetteville. I'm sure a large number of your victims...uh, I mean customers...came from the NW Arkansas metro. I know you had great numbers when you were in Springdale. Besides, if you move it closer to my home (fayetteville) then I'll be the first in line to come help you out next season. Wherever you end up, I'm sure it'll be a success. Keep on rottin'!!!!

Comment

Wow, Kel! Sounds like you've been busy and you'll be staying that way! I hope the move will help draw the numbers that you are looking for! Definitely sounds as though you could write a whole second book with everything you've described.
                  www.mindseizure.com
                  www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Kel....sorry I didn't know I was suppose to be looking at your myspace page, but I'm glad I did. Great site. I really hope you write another book....put me down for a copy.
                    Greg Salyers
                    Fear Entertainment

Comment

Sorry....I guess you were talking to Greg Chrise
                      Greg Salyers
                      Fear Entertainment

Comment

No problem Greg. Notsosunnylane, you'll have to introduce yourself some time! It's great to finally see a neighbor on this forum! : ) I wish you could have seen Raycliff Manor this year. We were off the hook this year!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. We're still working on the dissasembly of Raycliff Manor and the move. We hope to have good news to announce soon. Some really exciting things are manifesting already and we may have a new and awesome location real soon! I'll post updates as things progress. I sure do miss my haunt family!

Kel
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                        X