3d haunted house how-to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d haunted house how-to

does anyone know of any good books, videos, or websites where i can learn how to paint in chroma 3d. You know the blacklight 3d that haunted houses use. I need to know and soon because i have 40 4'x8' segments to paint by next year. Any info would be helpful. Even just about painting haunt house wall tutorials would be nice.
    Also if anyone knows any tutorials on how to get an aged/beat up look on walls that would also be appreciated.
    Fright Factory Boyscout Spook-O-Ree event http://www.freewebs.com/frightfactory/
    Scareside Studios www.freewebs.com/scareside

There is a basic how-to on John Denley's recent DVD.

Comment

It isn't that hard.

Either start out with a white primed surface and put the colors on and paint a dark back ground or on a dark back ground start with white then colors. Just look at the Halloween Productions site to see examples of such work. The pictures don't do it justice when seen in the real world but you can put on your 3 D glasses and see the effect even to some degree on the computer.

Once you have painted enough DDD things you will see things pop out in every day life without DDD glasses on. Reds and yellows pop out, light blues and greens are in the medium and dark blues and purples sit back. Most colors need a white base to properly show. Hence you will see some of the Halloween Productions work uses cut out figures in front of cool back grounds.

Not only art but actual objects painted become more 3D.

If you have 3 D glasses, you can pretty much look at the tubes of paint and see what they do.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

3D glasses not everyone carries them around.

This one house we were working on had a childrens room painted with a bunch of cubes like a flowing checkerboard in pinks and kermit green. It was like throw up time. I went in there and put on my 3D glasses and said WOW. All the workers and even the home owners all rolled on the floor laughing.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

To check your work you simply either work in the light it will be shown or check it regularly. Untill you have kind of trained your self this will calibrate your head. Eventually you just know what colors to use.

When we moved from our old shop, we were moving things and I got a scare. Years earlier I used the airbrush and played around making a 3D realistic skull on a wall. It was all shaded rather than a black outlined character. Screwing around with even mixing colors that are in the 3D Pallet. So someone got tired of looking at it everyday and put a clip board on the wall. When we moved I wanted that damn clip board too! and pulled it off and AAAAHHHHHH!

I'm not sure if it is my eyes of everyone but I have notice lots of magazine print where the red letters kind of float over everything else even without glasses on. Then blue lettering floating behind that.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help Greg. So far i think i'm going to work with the blacklight on.
            Fright Factory Boyscout Spook-O-Ree event http://www.freewebs.com/frightfactory/
            Scareside Studios www.freewebs.com/scareside

Comment

Working...
            X