Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain insurance

Hello,

I am curious if any of you all buy rain insurance? Is it very expensive and most of all, is this seperate from the normal insurance that you buy? In other words, if I have insurance through a local company insuring my show, do/can I buy rain insurance through another carrier?

Thanks,
    Darkangel

Rain Insurance what in the world is that. I think someone is pulling your leg. There is Flood Insurance, Home Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance. But I dont believe there is Rain insurance. Good Joke to whoever told u that there was a Rain Insurance.
    5 years in the business and still ticking
    Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
    USSN

Comment

Why wouldn't there be Rain Insurance? Insurance companys will issue policys insuring anything if they can get that old moolah coming their way!
      Farmers buy Hail insurance. It pays if their corn gets hit by hail because the hail rips it , shreds it into junk, then an adjuster tries to figure out what percentage of the crop is still good to grow.
      Rushing to purchase Hail Insurance as the storm clouds are rolling toward you doesn't work, though, you have to buy it before the corn is poked up out of the ground, I think?
      Lloyds Of London used to insure movie starlet's certain famous (and noteworthy) body parts! They would have suffered a financial loss if those partsd got severely injured or amputated. (by over-zealous fans?)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Business interruption insurance?

Could that be part of a business interruption insurance policy? That's not normally sold separately; it's usually part of your property insurance. And, it normally only applies to loss of income due to property damage like a flood or fire.

Comment

Rain insurance covering attendence at an event was once discussed here a long time ago. Of course proving how busy you would have been on a given night so the insurance company has something to base a payment (claim) upon might be the trick.
          One may have to have been doing the same event over the same number of days and kept very good records to show to the insurance company?
          Then a weekend would usually be better attended than say the average Wednesday night?
          But then, that Wednesday might have been "killer" if Mr. Tuxedo, Spookhouse Cat had been booked by the talent agent to appear there then.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Rain Insurance covers your event revenue loss due to rain, depending on measured rain level increments.... There was a article in one of the haunt mags while back as well....... I think if you run a outdoor attraction it couldnt hurt, and even if you run a indoor attraction, your attendance can be effected by a nasty rainy night....No one wants to go out in bad weather........ well almost no one...
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Thanks guys!
              I know there is rain as I insurance as I read through a couple insurance company websites. Has anyone here ever bought this type of coverage? I would imagine it would be tough to prove how much you lost...?

Darkangel

Comment

If the potential customer is a haunt fanatic and they have a concept of it all being over for the year at the stroke of November one, THEN they will be standing in the cold rain awaiting the door to find open mode and entertain them at the haunted house.
                I have had customers even exclaim, "It's totally crappy weather! It makes it scarier!"
                A local tv station was filming some VERY popular radio DJ's in my house , when they were exiting it was snowing, I got the credit for some incredible special effects!
                You never know?
                The tv personalitys later showed this film and made a big deal out of it snowing!
                Anybody elderly enough here to remember the ancient saying about making a "Silk Purse" out of a Sow's Ear"?
                This ability will help any haunter time and time again if you can anticipate it and make the most of any situation.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X