Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk About A Venue: The Tennessee POt Cave!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk About A Venue: The Tennessee POt Cave!

Not for me , I'm retired. But man I couldn't help but to think of the possibilities today when I visited the infamous "pot cave" about 20 miles north of here (Gallatin, Tennessee).
    The cave is about 1100 feet deep (on that level) and about 50 feet wide.
    Now what makes this cave so unique is that it housed the largest indoor pot growing operation in the US (that has been found out and busted).
    It goes up for auction next week and there was an open house...I just had to see this for myself.

I was in awe, it would make Batman's jaw drop with envy!
    A heated paved driveway led up to a now burned down A-Frame house that sat atop the "secret" entrance to the hidden cave.
    The first pic is the view as you pass ...the living quarters!
    Attached Files

This is a view from the back of the finished area, about 350 or so feet.
    Attached Files

Comment

From that angle I basically turned around and shot the unfinished area that goes back another 700 or so feet. From there I understand it goes up to another level.
      From just what is shown is 55,000 sq feet!
      Just imagine the possibilities...I know I did!

For further reading and more pics (including the escape hatch that hydraulically lifted a rock in the yard)....

http://www.shrumrealestate.com/blog/

Even a youtube video!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2Ty...eature=related
      Attached Files

Comment

Is this a man-made "Cave"?
        It looks like alot of cement on those side walls.
        Caves have always been where you go to hide, get away from....
        the government, the law, aireal bombardment, although I read cavemen shared and fought over who got occupantcy of their caves with very large bears .
        Was the property seized by the law because of the pot growing business?
        I knew alot of pot smokers when I was in high school in the 60's.
        It never helped any of them, killed some of them, like the guy who missed the turn to make the bridge, his motorcycle jumped a small river after a road sign clipped off a corner of his head, then he was left with his head and shoulders buried in the riverbank mud, legs thrashing.... for awhile.........
        My friend who pulled him out lied and told the parents that their son died instantly.
        Of course this death prematurely ended that biker's budding career as a very prolific pot dealer.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No concrete at all on the walls Jim, this is a natural cave except for the custom additions.
          Note in the first picture the way the boards were cut to go with the conture of the cave walls! There was a ton of detailed craftsmanship that went on at this "facility".
          Climate control, irrigation you name it, this was impressive!
          I did mention to the auctioneers that it looked more like a man made mine than a natural cave...which it does.
          The floor is about two feet off the natural cave floor BTW.
          And yes it was seized by the state drug task force and that's where all the proceeds go.
          Last edited by Jeff Preston; 12-01-2007, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Imagine a Caveman themed show in there.
            Or maybe Nazi-Zombies awaiting reawakening to begin the new order!
            Or maybe some 20,000 year old Space Vampires coming out of hybrination.
            Or a Civil War headquarters of ghostly soldiers (Or maybe the cave's vapors preserved their youth for them?
            I always thought it would be so neat to have an old folding card table for the above ground entrance with a sheet table cloth and a sign "Crawl under the sheet to see the Haunted House".
            Then they crawl under it and the ground becomes a slide down into the darkness.
            "I think something real strange is going on over there, I swear that I have seen at least 300 people crawl under that table and none of them came back out?"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Daaaaaaaang Jeff, that's where I was growin my weeeeed!

Timmy
              Hauntus Emeritus
              Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
              Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
              X