Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosthetics Workshop Revisited

Hello all,
    Now that the dust has settled from Halloween, I would like to discuss the 1st Prosthetics workshop set up for Transworld Vegas.

Although we've had tons of interest in the workshop, we're having a hard time getting people to commit to it. I know that since this is the first one, people might be a little nervous about signing up.

My question to the board is : What can I do to get this off the ground and flying?
    Is 2 days too much? Would everyone like a less detailed workshop for less money? Please post your thoughts as we have to commit to our event room or cancel it within a few weeks.

We have lowered the minimum to 12 people to get the workshop started.

Thanks for any input!! Larry Bones - Bone Yard Effects, Inc. www.Boneyardfx.com
    workshop info : www.boneyardfx.com/workshops.htm

I know some from my crew were talking about it. I personaly would like to see a cheaper one day event. For the short period of time TW is two days seems a bit much for one seminar. Just my thoughts.

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean,
      I could make it a one day class, but there would be no way to cover all the aspects and applications of prosthetics. I really wanted something that would bring Hollywood makeup artist techniques to the Haunt Industry. The Vegas class is the two days before TW so theres no time taken away from the show.

Any one else have thoughts?
      Last edited by boneefx; 12-05-2007, 12:23 PM.

Comment

What about..

Okay, not getting much feedback. How would you all feel about a lower price but you don't get to keep all the materials and tools? Larry Bones

Comment

We're in... whatever you decide!

How much was it?
          "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
          - Henry David Thoreau

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."
          - Mel Brooks

Comment

Nevermind... found the info. We'll be there.
            "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
            - Henry David Thoreau

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."
            - Mel Brooks

Comment

A few thoughts:

This is the 1st I have heard about the seminar. Get Transworld to get the word out. Secondly, I think many haunters are just STARTING to think about going so MAYBE its too early to be worrying. Thirdly, I think having the seminar on Fri & Sat when the convention does not start til Sunday, might be hurting you. Lastly, like Sean, I feel your seminar is WAY over priced...
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

xxxdirk,
                I had posted info on this workshop on the boards a few months ago. I knew everyone was busy through the season so I waited until now to bring up the subject again.

I spoke with Transworld about having the workshop within the Sands and work with them. They never really bit, but loved the idea.

The reason I'm pushing this now is I have to commit to the event room or cancel within a few weeks to get my deposits back.

You may feel the workshop is overpriced, but if you look at the materials and tools you get to use and keep, thats a great deal of merchandise. I won't be making a ton of money on this. The information alone is well worth the price, in my opinion. I could have a $50 seminar and you could learn the basics, which most people already have a grasp on.

Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

Comment

Unfortunately we aren't arriving until Saturday. I like that you are providing everything and that it is very detailed. I wish we could've made it there earlier. Best wishes for a successful class, Larry! To everyone taking it, have a great time and absorb all that knowledge!
                  www.mindseizure.com
                  www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I know the answer, but have to ask

Hey Larry,

You mention this:

6. All students must provide an adult model to work on for both days of the
                    workshop. Male models must be clean shaven with no facial hair. Female
                    models must be makeup free. All long hair should be pulled back.

Since my wife will be enjoying the trip with me, does that mean it is one price for the both of us to attend since she would be my model? The obvious answer is yes, one price, but just wanted to check. As we both would like to learn the material you will be teaching, I want to make sure she will be there for the entire class and not when we need our models.

I know, dumb question, but a bit confusing. People may wonder how the model thing works.

Thanks in advance!
                    Last edited by milkunits; 12-06-2007, 03:03 PM.
                    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Milkunits,
                      Yes, your wife can attend too. Since each person who signs up is required to bring thier own model, your really getting two entries to the workshop. Granted, only one of you will get the materials and supplies, but you both get the education. People could split the cost if they wanted to and both attend. I hope this clears this up. Thanks for the input! Larry

Comment

Yummers!

And the deal just got sweeter! Ok, now to talk the wife unit into it
                        Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Larry, I understand that the materials you are getting makes it worth it, but again I feel that it is too much. Perhaps you should consider two options, x amount with all the supplies, x amount with just the info. I mean, some of the people that might be interested, might have most of the stuff. Anyhow, just my input..
                          I really hope it works out for you. I admire your work. ron
                          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

This will probably be miscontrued by some, but upfront spoken with NO MALICE INTENDED!
                            Dirk this isnt directed directly at you because I have heard others also mention that the Cost of this and other seminars are TO HIGH!
                            All I have to say to this is, How do you put a PRICE on Knowledge? How much is it worth to your Haunted Attraction to have a EDGE over your Competion, that is still using masks and third grade Makeup . In my Opinion, FX makeup is the Greatest asset any Haunt can use, it helps Create an illusion that otherwise cannot be duplicated wearing a Mask.
                            I once read in a Magazine a article talking about the GREATEST PROP of them all............ Know what it was......... Education
                            I have sat in on a few seminars myself and totally felt like WOW what a waste of time and Money, But if you get just one bit if information that will help your haunt, was it worth it? YES! Larry Bones Knows his Business, and Im sure that anyone atending his seminar will get their moneys worth of him......

BoneYard FX Good Luck with your Seminar!!!!!
                            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Thanks Bodybagging! I also feel strongly about education! I've been teaching Makeup since 1996 and it's very rewarding.

I could have attendees bring their own makeup, if they had it. But that would cause chaos in the workshop. Everyone needs to be using the same products and tools. Thats the only way to teach something like this.

Also, We're planning on setting up a camera and digital projector so everyone can see the demos close up. We thought that might be helpful for attendees.

I hope to see some registrations soon! Thanks for all you comments. If anyone else would like to chime in, please do. Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X