Horror Remake City...OMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Remake City...OMG

It was announced recently that the following movies will be released...

REMAKE of the original Hellraiser. Comes out first week of September.

It will be called Clive Barker presents: Hellraiser.

Scanners remake comes out in October

and get this... Halloween weekend Motel Hell will release trumping Saw for that weekend. Saw V comes out now the weekend before.

Prom Night comes out in March.

This one isn't really a horror movie but I love it all the same... Death Race comes out in September as well.

February 09 Friday the 13th Remake will release and in that same month Universal's The Wolfman.

And here is a wild one... Land of the Lost will be a live action movie to be released July '09.

Whatcha think?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Death Race as in Death Race 2000? What a classic!

Comment

Where did you get all of those release dates?
      Jared Layman

Comment

Will these movies be 90% CGI?
        I can see the logic of remaking certain movies if the story is needing CGI for tremendous battle scenes as in telling a historical event or to really effectively place the audience in the driver's seat to make one more appreciate what actual people went through in life-threatening situations........lessons learned?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Here's a good site to check out:

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/
          Chris Stafford
          1331 Entertainment Group
          Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
          13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
          13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Ah, Death Race 2000....I love it when they went into the geriatric hospital ....hehe

Comment

I'm actually a little excited about the Friday the 13th revival. It's being directed by Marcus Nispel who directed the Texas Chainsaw Remake which I thought was entertaining and looked very good. Friday the 13th films have pretty much been shit since the beginning so the bar isn't too high. I doubt they can really mess this one up so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

As for Hellraiser I've heard that Clive Barker actually has quite a bit of involvement with this remake so we may actually get something decent. Unlike John Carpenter, Barker hasn't completely checked out and based the rest of his career on collecting paycheck for remakes of his stuff. There's been a lot of bad Hellraiser sequels so I guess again it might be hard to mess it up but then again that's what Rob Zombie kept saying about Halloween.

Other than that I am getting a bit tired of the remakes. If any of them were good I wouldn't mind so much but every remake with the exception of 2 or 3 has just come no where close to living up to the originals.
              Christopher Brielmaier
              Rogues Hollow Productions
              www.RoguesHollow.com
              www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
              info@rogueshollow.com
              PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

Your forgetting, hopefully a GREAT movie to come out...House of Fears. It seems the movie House of Fears was filmed at Rocky Point before it closed. Cydney Neil is credited for the production design, even looks like they use some of their artwork for the promotion of the movie...

House of Fears (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1002992/)

Tagline: Six friends sneak into a haunted house the night before it opens for Halloween, only to find that their evening of fun has turned into their worst nightmare.
                Bill Rod.
                Dark Tech Effects
                Automated DMX Lighting
                Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

There is another obscure movie being remade as well 'The Eye'.

I'm hoping Hellraiser is like rated X or something you can't view unless you're 17 years old. Hellraiser needs to be CRAZY over the top like a real trip to hell...it should be shocking, disturbing, and more.

I can't wait.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Is Trick r' Treat coming out next fall still?

Allan

Comment

Trick R Treat is a prime example of an over budget bad horror flick that gets everyone nervous. If they hadn't spent so much money on the flick they would have released it already, but since they spent so much on it, they're going to spend ever more to fix its many problems.

Basically is really sucks, but they've spent so much they can't just tank it without trying to fix it.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

I think they should have stopped with the SAW films after 3. I mean, does anyone go to just see people get killed? I loved the first 3 because it had depth and story. But now it just seems dumb! -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Larry,

I’m not so sure I would dismiss this film so quickly. Regardless of its budget and any delays caused by a lack thereof, isn’t it possible that this could actually be a decent film after they get the bugs worked out? To say that “it sucks” before it’s even released is a bit premature, don’t you think?

Personally, I found the trailer to be very entertaining and it made me want to see more. Here is a quote from a plot outline I found on a movie website:

“The rituals of All Hallows Eve were devised to protect us from their evil mischief, and one small town is about to be taught a terrifying lesson that some traditions are best not forgotten.”

I think it’s a very interesting premise and something that people can relate to, since a lot of folks (myself included) are advocates of preserving the traditions of Halloween. Good or bad, I look forward to seeing this movie when it is released.
                          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Adam,

There are a handful of things that tell the media industry if a film is going to be bad... one they don't allow any screenings of the film prior to opening. Two, they delay a movie from its opening. This movie was completed and was slated to open in October. The studio pulled the film because the film screen really, really, really bad.

Warner Brothers gave these guys a TON of money for this film because that horrible director who did Superman wanted it produced for his buddy who directed this movie and wrote it. The guy who wrote this movie was Singers writer for Superman Returns.

Did you see Superman Returns? THAT MOVIE SUCKED BIG TIME!

Same writer for Trick R Treat and director makes it double bad!

I'm not saying it will be bad, I'm saying Warner Brother poured a ton of money into this movie for Singer because of Superman. They tested the movie and the test screenings said BOMB! So they're just trying to fix the film if they can before they release it.

I think the concept is cool but it doesn't change the fact that right now Warner Brothers thinks their invest in this film is in trouble! LOL

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Since I have read many times that the biggest movie going group are the teenagers, would this be the only test audience whose opinions and tastes matter?
                              I believe in giving the customer maybe more stimulation mentally, ex cetra than one might think they are capable of understanding and enjoying because I have found that customer will rise to the challenge most of the time to use their brains to figure out and thereby enjoy such entertainment.
                              The formula for a succesful movie is simple: Appeal to all audiences, artistically stimulate and encode the experience so everyone HAS to buy more than one screening of the work, either as a ticket or rental or purchase of the DVD.
                              There, simple stuff huh?
                              HAHAHAHAH!

Too many committees playing it too safe by regurgitating what has gone before, then we ask ourselves, "Do I like to be fed puke, AGAIN? and Again! and again!!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X