Haunted Website businesses??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Website businesses??

We all know how crucial a great website can be. We are opening a new haunt next year and I want to know who is the best at creating websites for haunters? I already know of Sinister Visions and Rogues Hollow, anyone else besides these 2 out there?

Brainstorm Studios www.brainstormstudios.com

Redcrow Design www.redcrowdesign.net - Currently creating a new website for my haunt.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

MindwerxKMG, how has working with redcrowstudios been for you?

Comment

I know this was talked about before awhile ago, and their was an article in hauntworld mag, but how much would you pay for your website domain if someone else already owned it?

sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Domain Value

That's a really hard question to answer. Normally (but not always) domains are valued according to the traffic they generate. Of course, if the domain doesn't draw traffic that will put money into your pocket it isn't worth as much to you as it may be to someone else. Try to get any usage statistics (geographic locations, age, gender, etc.) from the current owner, if there is any, and assess the value of that traffic to your business. Other factors on domain value are site content (if any) and the ability of the average person to actually remember the domain name.

We had an interesting situation at work recently were we bought a competitor primarily to shut it down. We recently found out their domain is worth $200K so now we're trying to figure out what to do with it.

If you are talking real money, hire a domain appraiser.

Comment

I think the situation is different here. You would not necessarily be looking for traffic when purchasing a domain for a haunt. If for example I owned trailofterror.com here in Ohio and Wayne from Connecticut came to me with an offer to buy it, he would not care about any Ohio traffic I am generating.

The real thing you have to look at when considering this, is how much traffic are you going to be able to drive to it if you were to acquire it. Using the example above, having trailofterror.com would be very valuable to a haunt. It is a fairly short URL, it is memorable, and it would definitely be an asset to a haunt. On the other side, if you are looking at something like thereallyscaryforestfullofzombiesandstuff.com, it would not be worth very much.

The real value for us haunters in URLS comes from having a .com extension, a short URL, and something memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by MMManiac View Post
              I know this was talked about before awhile ago, and their was an article in hauntworld mag, but how much would you pay for your website domain if someone else already owned it?

sean
              I have people offering me $500 or so for my domains all the time. I tell them which lake they can go jump in. For me I have domains because I use them. There are domains that I have wanted that were taken, so I just use similar somes. Always go with a .com ... everyone knows it better then the other TLDs.

If your domain is taken, then you don't have a unique name for your haunt. Think of a different name
              ~HauntedWebby~
              www.lazarusmaze.com
              www.bbqandghosts.com
              "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Working...
              X