With all the school deaths lately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the school deaths lately...

With all the school deaths lately, and a few of them in my state, it is a sad time for schools across america.

I did stumble across this article about the colorado shooter and it is very interesting how they use "Haunts" to get peoples attention to why he did it.

My prayers do go out to all the families who lost children in all the shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/29/mor...ion=cnn_latest

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

the portion about hautns had NOTHING to do with the frigging story...

"The newspaper also reported that Morrison designed haunted houses -- in hopes they would be as frightening as possible."

"Morrison said he and other owners encouraged "actors" employed at the haunted houses "to take the initiative to come up with skits on their own, decide what would be scariest for the room they're in," the paper reported."

Says nothing about his killing because of the haunt.... Almost offensive isnt it?

Also, I love how his frigging haunt is the same name as mine.... Realm of Terror.... ugh... I hate newspapers....
    www.Doomsdayproductions.com
    www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

so the same way they try to give marilyn manson and kmfdm bad names because of columbine, now haunted houses are to blame for everyone in the world be this screwed up. They don't directly say, because he made haunted houses is why hill killed people, but why else would that be the title of the article and the first couple paragraphs.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I'm incredibly offended by this article.
        As a haunter and teacher I am constantly
        amazed at how the press "spins to sell"
        most stories.

I'd say that if a nationwide study was done you'd
        find more nut cases working for news agencies
        than in a haunt!!

That said.... I also sideline as a journalist..... :wink:

Also, I *do* share a concern for school safety in this
        messy world we live in....
        Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

:evil: This makes me angry...I hate the way they try to link him being involved in a haunted house to him being a nutcase. That just irritates me beyond belief.

On a side note, my grandmother lives in Commerce City (about 6 blocks from the haunts) and I have been to both Primitive Fear and Realm of Terror several times throughout the years...
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I agree. Anything to get a story or say "this is why he was crazy" it gives a bad rep for haunters and also show you how they will pull anything to answer some questions...seems, movies and music as a motive is old news..move on to haunts.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
            http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
            "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
            http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Little Timmy McVeigh had a haunted house in his basement too!
              (Chicago Sun Times)
              Purposely scaring people is , afterall sort of an anti-social thing to be doing to people in this politically correct world (that "Somebody" wants to think they can create?)
              Newspaper people as "Nut Cases"!?
              I could tell you some stories about that.......
              One elderly writer put into his story pure fiction concerning his experience going through my house that I did not appreciate.
              He wrote that we slammed his head through a brick wall, it exploded(the wall or his head?) and then went back together again (the wall not his head, sorry Humpty!)
              I mentioned this to a person from the town where this paper is printed and he said, "Well, if you read his column on a regular basis, you know he exaggerates quite often."
              But what about the people who don't regularly read his column?

A certified, occassionally locked up criminal lunatic who began hanging around my house for awhile has a degree in ...Journalism!!!
              His most "creative" effort was when he pretended to be a surgeon in the hospital scrub room, he was ready to operate on somebody!
              Thankfully the scrub nurse just kept asking him who he was? Which unnerved him, he took off.
              The Police caught him a few blocks away in a gas station, he attacked the Police with garden shears. (Not quite the same class as being the operating surgeon in a hospital) "Oh, Pooh-Pooh!"
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yikes!!!! The story in PA was splashed all over the front of our newspapers. It is horrendous enough without further sensationalisation.

The stories here are horrible!

Over here they are saying "all americans are violent, gun toting, agressive, arrogant, ignorant, loud and dangerous..... etc. etc."

It is amazing how these stories are further fueling the hatred of americans. Americans are hated and ridiculed enough.

One newspaper article I read have read that amish have been subject to agressive behaviour by non amish for years especially by teenagers on neighbouring farms.

They also said there was even a 'vulgar' tv show which put amish teenagers in house with some teens their own age who 'just happened to be' the most vile excuses for human beings they could find (promiscuious, low IQ, unscrollarly, lazy, rude, bad manners and druggies) in an attempt to provoke hatred and subject the amish to abuse and ridicule.

But since it is illegal to single people out by religion or race that is obviously made up.

I guess it is a distraction from all the international news, global climate change, overpopulation, GWB and the war in Iran which is normally filling the newspapers.

I feel sorry for you guys" This was obviously a very sick, evil and twisted man and he would committed murder even if he didn't become a haunter. If anything it might have delayed him and prevented him from becoming worse by giving him a safe outlet for his sick fantasies.

Who knows what he would have done!

Comment

That's a good example why IAHA and all of the haunts out there need to continue to work hard to generate positive PR on the GOOD works we all do - like the nonprofit haunts out there and even those for-profit that do donations to charities, etc...
                  Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                  The White Star Farm
                  "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

I saw this occur on the news and this s**t is so sadly!!! F**K killers!! :evil:

Comment

When I started out with my home haunt here it was so that I could introduce myself to the local community and get to know people. When I first visited the local pub it was like that scene 'american werewolf in london' where people litterally stopped talking!

After 10 years of living here and having my anual Halloween event the community is just starting to accept me. Now only half the pub stop when I enter the pub. Luckily I am Canadian and they are still relatively liked and not hated all over the world like americans are.

I heard from some one that they though that the amish reality show was real. Surely this was a joke?

I feel sorry for you guys. The press should know better and not be allowed to make irresponsible journalism. You guys are entertaining people not creating serial killers. If anything it is creating more of a community feel.

Our haunt in the beginning had the support of local businesses and even the church!

Comment

Originally posted by Xeverity
                        Our haunt in the beginning had the support of local businesses and even the church!
                        Oh how I wish one local church here had that same attitude... But that horse is long dead and still leaves a stench.
                        http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                        Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                        When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                        If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

How a people in one counrty see the people from another country can be greatly influenced by extrem media storys and this goes way back to the St. Valentine's Day Massacure, thanks to Alphonse Capone!
                          During World War Two when people would ask my Dad where in the US he was from and he said, "Illinois" everyone automatically would make machine gun noises, assuming that Chicago and Illinois were all one big shooting gallery.
                          Anyone paying any attention whatsoever to history knows that all people are alot more the same than different.
                          If some europeans think the Americans are cruel, ex cetra , possibly based upon the treatment of the American Indians, well the only difference is the europeans got on a boat and sailed half way around the world first before doing the same thing to others.
                          Just because "It didn't happen here", doesn't mean it didn't happen.
                          We each wake up everyday with a hungry stomach whether we honestly work or steal, or cheat to fill that stomach is where the only personal differences of good or bad come in.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X