Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the haunts that had problems with Scarefactory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the haunts that had problems with Scarefactory?

What happened to those haunts that had problems with Scarefactory/ did thy get their money back (were their checks ever cashed)? Did they recieve their props at a much later delivery date?

Scarefactory

Come on folks, everyone was willing to stomp on them, what was the results of your complaints. This post has been on here for a week or so and no one has replied. Lets give the good and bad points if applicable!!
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Probably not good

Everyone probably got tired of beating that horse long after it was dead. I would assume that the majority of those with complaints still aren't happy. If you recall, many were waiting for stuff right up until Halloween despite paying months before and being told it shipped. Getting a refund or your order in November likely didn't satisfy anyone.

Comment

It looks like Scarefactory is really set at improving their customer service and product quality for '08 with the announcement of their revised production schedule which will limit the amount of product available for purchase. A good step forward for the company in my opinion. What does everyone else think?

Comment

We haunt operators all have limits as to how many customers (and how much income) we can handle in an hour or a night's time, so if they have to set limits to be successful at doing business and pleasing the customers (Like most of us have to do), well it will be a good thing then, won't it?
          Almost everything in life is about problem solving and how we can best get along with the rest of the planet as we live our lives.
          Re-think, readjust, almost continuoiusly.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So has everyone read this letter floating around. I've read it.

I think unless you move the show back, this is what vendors will have to do, which is just set limits on how many they will make.

What does everyone think about the letter?

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'm not saying anything in favor or against them. We have only purchased from them once ten years a go. At that time we picked prop up and paid them with casher’s check everything went fine time and quality wise. The only problem afterward was a hand controller for actorvator that didn’t last season. They didn’t have extra (made in England we were told) and never heard back couple times that next season we called. We have repaired several time since and lately made one.

Received letter too, There is one of two items that we would like to purchase for next year. So, I called them Friday 1/11/08 asking if item was in stock or when it would be made. The lady informed me that they only make each item as an order comes in. At which point politely I informed her that wasn’t what the letter said. She acknowledged reading letter last week taking my phone number, name and items of interest for a “David” to call back. That’s where I am at now.

After reading the threads about this company here in light of recent letter there are few things I would want and others would like to get. I’d like to get 10% off that ends 1/31/08 will certainly not buy at 25% plus. I want to know when on their production (letter) the item will be made so as to pick up and pay. To protect ourselves since they are suppose to be building a head a deposit is out of question for us.

Comment

Scheduling?

It seems that the thing to do for a company like this would be to schedule things. In any type of production, assemby will go faster if you work on only one item at a time an assembly line, like Henry Ford made work so well. So set a deadline for each type of prop and require orders to be in by a certain date for delivery on a certain date. You could schedule multiple runs throughout the year for later orders. It just can't be terribly efficient if you are building one of seven different props for an order, and then move on to the next order. Just as an employee figures out a little trick to make something quicker or better, he finishes it and has to build something completely different? I realize this is a relatively small industry but there has to be a better way to do it.

Comment

that's a smart move with scarefactory. i would think most companies liek this would follow. still, we'll see how it all goes down.

Comment

What letter are we talking about?
                    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

The Scarefactory sent a letter to all of it's customers describing their new business model which is supposed to alleviate the problems that occurred in 2007.
                      Kevin
                      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I haven't received anything myself. How was it sent out? SF never asks for email addresses when ordering....

Allan
                        Last edited by MDKing; 01-13-2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

It was sent via snail mail.
                          Kevin
                          MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I did not receive a letter either. Could someone post it.
                            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I also received NO SUCH LETTER.

Many calls later and still NO REFUND.

Girl on phone says tey;ss call me back or have David call me back but never does. I have called dozens of times with no luck of a solution. I guess Ill call everyday this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X