Horror Movies to borrow from...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Movies to borrow from...

Lets list some horror movies that we've seen recently that we could borrow from either for vendors to sneak an idea or two from or for our own haunts...

One I saw the other day that was just freakin wicked was 'Dead Silence'. It was from the producers of Saw, and clearly you could tell them ripped off The Grudge and The Ring, but the movie had some really kick ass old lady ghost in it and the old theater building was the best looking haunt I've ever seen.

This movie sent my mind spiralling out of control.

I also really liked Hannibal Rising, but not sure what haunt stuff could come out of that but it was really good.

I've been catching up on horror movies since Halloween ended. One movie I saw that I thought sucked was See No Evil with Kane. That sucked.

The new Pumpkinhead movie was AWESOME considering it was direct to video, and considering how bad the other Pumpkinhead sequals where. In that movie they had some old morgue where they didn't burn the bodies like in that real life story from several years ago.

I thought that movie was pretty good...nice haunted stuff.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I loved the theater in Dead Silence! It was amazing! They had some awesome set designers for that...or really great CG guys.
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Always loved the original Carnival of Souls for ideas. The ballroom scene is simply beyond creepy and will find its way into my haunt in some form. Not precisely a dance ballroom, but some of the esthetics that blew my mind.

You seen Altered yet? Some good taut horror movie work there.
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I don't ever see many movies, fewer horror movies.
        I guess my advantage in this is that I can very honestly say then that I am not consciously or subconsciously "borrowing" anything from them then.

Little old ladies used to advise me to go see Disneyland "To get some ideas!"
        What an insult! I finally began explaining to them that I had more of my own "ideas" than I could ever get done. I just needed time and some money to make them happen.
        I am presently designing a Victorian bedroom, I began working on it a few months ago, furniture to make....
        Imagine walking through an old room like this and after your mind has a chance to put it all together, THEN you might get scared..wondering just whose bedroom you just walked through?
        What kind of otherworldly being would live in a room like that?
        A nocturnal bloodsucker?
        Mr. Death himself?
        A Loan Officer from the bank?
        A well-known politician?
        Of course the room will have some subtlties to it, maybe everyone won't "get it?"
        Makes life interesting.....
        Who would EVER wear underware like that?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

dont know about new but i always loo at raiders of the lost ark and of course the mumy returns each time i watch it it gives me a new idea or conept for example i was looking for furniture type of stuff and remembered some good stuff so iwatched the movie again and was focused on the furniture for a particular idea.
          so even i am legend although i did not apreciate the film i did like bits and peaces of set.

so i will buy the dvd when it comes out and add it to the collection

i dont know the name of the movies but i love the old classics hunchback of notre dame, frankenstien, so fourth.
          hell i even love to watch the i love lucy shows for ideas.

i had to course the calhaunts group a while back as each year that goes buy i can no longer just go to a amusement park and enjoy i am taking photos, holding up the line, watching the actors and the patrons and the way the interact together, disneyland and all is just a storybook and i have to absob it all each time focusing on a differnt thing.
          The Care Taker
          John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Their is a new Mummy movie coming out in August I'm sure that will re-inspire Mummy type themes. This version has Brenden Frasier but also has Jet Lee I think as the Mummy but I'm not sure.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

not to revive this thread but My boys bought me a bunchof movies i had not purchased for what ever reason.
              For xmas they got me the lord of the rings collectors edition set; very cool loved the sets and design.
              they got me the mummy collectors eddition loved it and had not realized that i had never seen the scorpion king. cant say i like it very much but loved the sets and design and of course the makeup and costuming.
              they also got me a copy fomr my uncle of the new National Treasurs movie my uncle builds the camera tracking and systems used in some effects.
              i ask no questions and want no answers!! loved it of course i loved the first one.
              and lastly yhey got me the Army of Darkness loved it.
              The Care Taker

Comment

national treasure was fun, one of the actors in it is a friend.

So when you dropping in to check out the Cellar, Caretaker?
                The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

A while back I rented a movie called Death Tunnel. It was about several teens (why is it always teens that appear in horror movies these days?), that get kidnapped for a college initiation and locked in the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. Long story short, they get down right tormented by the dead in this asylum. One ominous character that wheels around is "Death". It's not really clear as to who he is or why he's there, but an interesting character never the less. I love his costume in the movie, his voice as well, and plan on making a replica outfit for Halloween 2008.

Behind the Scene Photos of "Death":

Comment

I saw "Death Tunnel," as well. I don't really remember it standing out in the crowd. I do remember the ball in the hallway and "Death". It was definitely a neat costume.
                    www.mindseizure.com
                    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Sorry Tony been real busy with Christmas and getting ready for the CalhauntS convergeance i am going to be teaching two classes! one on gelatin makeup mold making for wounds and such and the other for dental prosthetics. so i have been doing time runs and such to make sure i can do the class in the time aloted.

i hope to stop by soon though.

i have to say that i realy enjoyed the Lord of the Rings neveer liked it as a kid and had not watched it for some time as in years; but it was prety good this time i loved the set design and all the characters.

enjoy all talk soon Tony.
                      The Care Taker

Comment

Working...
                      X