No announcement yet.

I Am Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am legend, is a remake of a remake, this movie has been done twice before "Last man on Earth" and "The O Maga Man". both good flicks for their time. I went today and saw it and liked it. I even got a tear in my eye when the dogs fate is sealed. As for "The Dark Knight", I am Batmaned out but I am looking forward too "IronMan"
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

i thought i am ledgend was great, as for the batman trailer
      obvioulsy the full movie is going to be better than a trailler

actually i though i am ledgends ending was great,
      its not your typical happy ending, but it had a deep meaning if you think about it.

BUT THE JOKER IN BATMAN WAS SO CRAZY LOOKIN
      when i saw it im like, yep definetly using that designin my carn-evil room next year
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Saw I Am Legend last night, I thought it was great, would definitely recommend it. Had me jumping several times, great suspense. I've heard several people talk about the ending sucking, I guess I don't have a frame of reference since I didn't read the book, was it the same ending?

Chris
        Chris Stafford
        1331 Entertainment Group
        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I don't know about that

"obvioulsy the full movie is going to be better than a trailler"

Seen way too many movies where all the best parts were in the trailer and the rest of the movie was just 90 minutes of filler.

Comment

saw it and well i wish i had waited for it to come out on dvd so i could change the chanel when i got board.
            The Care Taker
            John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com

Here is a link to the new Batman trailer that was uploaded by Warner Brothers...so you're seeing the crisp clean trailer.

If you remember at the end of Batman Begins Gordon says 'he has a taste for the theatrical like you'. .. hence the website.

What is really clever is when you go to this website its a website for a trailer company, you know selling those trailers you live in. I love it!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

HAHAHA... I love it! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Follow the link in the top right hand corner of the trailer ad. It takes you to The Gotham Times website. Go to page two and read the correction printed with the letters to the editor. It lists another website - www.whysoserious.com. That takes you to what looks like some sort of scavenger hunt.

Back on the first page at the top it lists a phone number for the subscription department. It's actually a working number. Pretty cool.
                  Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

If you read the book-THIS MOVIE SUCKED!!!! Just about nothing was remotely close or the same as the book which was amazing. Definately read the book-it's a short read and a great story UNLIKE this piece of crap movie! This movie was supposed to be made with schwarzenegger in the lead role about 10 years ago, but the budget was too huge...Arnold wanted to do it bad for years and unfortunetely it never came to be. Now after all the waiting I had to settle for this......LAME!!! Lol...

-Tim
                    www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
                    www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
                    thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

Getting the same response from everyone on here and who I speak to in person. If you read the book, you hated it. If you didn't, like in my case, there were no expectations, so most people have enjoyed it.

I'll see if my opinion changes as I intend to try to curtail my ADD, and sit down long enough to read the book, or perhaps a compromise and listen to the audiobook in the car.

At any rate, if the thread isn't dead by then, I"ll report back.

However, a new theory, if people stop reading books, movies will get better?

Just kidding,

Chris
                      Chris Stafford
                      1331 Entertainment Group
                      Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                      13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                      13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I just watched I Am Legend, and I'm confused why so many people thought that it sucked....It was a great movie, good story and great suspense. There were five of us and all of us really liked it. I never read the book or saw the other versions, but I think it's well done on it's own merits. The new Batman trailer did not look very impressive to me at all. Same old same old with those superhero films, they are all the same. The Joker did look pretty cool though but that franchise went way down after the first film. Who knows, maybe this one can revive it but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole comic book superhero movie things dies out pretty soon....

Allan

Comment

Overall, I thought the movie was sound in terms of FX, story and so on. IT did suck however because of Will SMith. He is a highly overrated actor and his films are hit or miss on him being believable in them. Don't get me wrong, Happyness, was aweseom, Ali was great...but overall SMith killed this film.

Great film to see, renting wise, but not to spent 12 bux at the theater to see it.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Will Smith is not great by any means I agree with you there. Arnld would have made the movie more interesting...Since someone above said he wanted to do it...

Allan

Comment

I just read that New Line and Peter Jackson have come to an agreement, and he will in deed be making The Hobbit movies set for release 2010 and 2011!!! This is great news for fans of LOTR!!!

Allan

NEW YORK — Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema have reached agreement to make J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, a planned prequel to the blockbuster trilogy The Lord of the Rings.
                              Jackson, who directed the Rings trilogy, will serve as executive producer for The Hobbit. A director for the prequel films has yet to be named.

Relations between Jackson and New Line had soured after Rings, despite a collective worldwide box office gross of nearly $3 billion — an enormous success. The two sides nevertheless were able to reconcile, with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) splitting The Hobbit 50/50, spokemen for both studios said Tuesday.

"I'm very pleased that we've been able to put our differences behind us, so that we may begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line," Jackson said in a statement. "We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth."

Two Hobbit films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how the three Lord of the Rings films were made. Production is set to begin in 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011 release.
                              Last edited by MDKing; 12-19-2007, 12:41 PM.

Comment

This movie was a huge dissapointment for me. I think I went into it expecting a 28 days later type of film and it was far from it. I Liked Legend right up until I saw the first Zombie/Vampyre/ whatever, I thought The CGI was very poor(Although I did have a good Laugh when the one "zombie" was smashing his face into the Pavement after falling out a window into daylight) and the look of them made the Story not as Believable. From that Point on it felt like Van Helsing. I thought Will Smith was actually the most Believable Part of the film (that's not saying much) And the ending was complete Crap! Let me get this Straight, These "Zombies" can climb huge Buildings but cement Barriers around a small town will keep them out?? COME ON!!! I just hope AvsP#2 will cheer me after wasting my time and money on Legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X