Transworld Seminars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Seminars

Just got a flier from Transworld. I am not sure if anyone has seen the seminar info, but it is also at hauntshow.com. Looks like MANY great seminars, $425 for two days worth of seminars 9:30-5:30M, or 1 day for $225.00
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

I gave a seminar on advanced web marketing 2 years ago and only had 6 people show up. None of them were haunt owners. After I overheard one of the attendees saying "This is the most important seminar I've been too and no one came to it." I agreed. We did a very indepth seminar on the web, myspace, viral videos, etc and no haunters came. At last years Hauntcon I did a condensed version of the same seminar, updated a bit with new info, and had a packed room with something like 50 people attending. It was excellent !

I think Transworld charges so much for the seminars that people only want to go to the ones that they feel are going to be fun and exciting and those are usually set design, make up, lighting, props, etc. People don't seem to care too much about marketing in March I guess or at least not as much as the cool classes I mentioned before. In any case I hope the seminars go well but I don't think I'll be doing a seminar there anytime soon unless the cost goes down a bit for the attendees.
    Christopher Brielmaier
    Rogues Hollow Productions
    www.RoguesHollow.com
    www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
    info@rogueshollow.com
    PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

TW is full of great seminars. I too think TW charges too much, but overall in today's society we all think everything is over priced. In the end all result, you just need to pay the TW fee and go to the seminar anyways because it will only move your event further forward and look at it as education for your success, you can't put a price on success.....

well you can...but you know what I mean.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

$425 is to much money. I'm taking a group of 8 that want to go to seminars, so that is $3400. I think I'll spend the money on props instead.

If it was $100 I'd do it for everyone. I don't think the speakers receive any of the money, do they?
        ~HauntedWebby~
        www.lazarusmaze.com
        www.bbqandghosts.com
        "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

If you buy a full day of seminars does the same person have to go to them all? I could see breaking up my crew and having people attend the individual seminar which covers their area of expertise. Mike
          Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bizub View Post
            If you buy a full day of seminars does the same person have to go to them all? I could see breaking up my crew and having people attend the individual seminar which covers their area of expertise. Mike

The nice thing about taking multi people to seminars is everyone takes something different away from it. Then you compair notes to see what was really learned.
            ~HauntedWebby~
            www.lazarusmaze.com
            www.bbqandghosts.com
            "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Working...
            X