Sweeny Todd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweeny Todd

Just got back from the theater, I loved this movie. It IS A MUSICAL, and has many changes from the award winning stage version with Angela Lansbury. Oh yes, there will be blood, Christmas Red and all!!!

Matt
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

I have never seen any Sweeny Todd productions but the local summer stock theater, Timber Lake Playhouse, did it a few years ago and many of the actors later toured my house and told me I was sort of doing a bit of the Sweeny Todd thing here during every tour.
    Of course I'm not singing, they are, one long shrill note that does seem to resemble a scream.......(insert evil laugh ~ here~)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I went and saw this movie, and to be honest I didn't really like it. Carter can NOT SING, and just because she's giving it up to Burton doesn't mean she should have had this part. LOL

Depp can't really sing either but he's okay, but overall it was somewhat predictable and has senseless gore. I loved the sets, the way it was filmed and the acting was great, just didn't like the overall film. The movie is a total downer from start to finish.

I did see National Treasure as well... this movie was exactly like the first one just different plot. If you liked the first one you'll probably like this one.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The singing is kind of meant to be "off"... I remember reading the script in a playscript analysis class and discussing how the actual singing by the actors are supposed to "not be the best". Why? We talked about how these people are twisted, dark, demented, murderous, etc. and that a "not perfect" singing voice is the best way to display the characters.

I mean, it's not the "Sound of Music" or an Andrew Lloyd Webber piece! LOL! I did like the movie though, not as good as the stage (nothing ever is). But I did like it.

Haven't seen the new National Treasure though... I want to, I loved the first one! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

If they wanted singing that was "Off" they could have hired my Sister and dubbed in her voice doing their singing. Flat, off key and very sincerely, honestly thinking she is actually singing.
          If they wanted to give a feeling of crazed people who thought they were singing they should have chained dirty undies to their heads like celophane wrappers after filling their mouths with oatmeal soaked in motor oil, "Let the FUN begin!"
          How come these Hollywood people never call me for creative help?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I havent seen it yet but want too! I love anything usually Johnny Depp is in. And love all of Tim Burtons films. I hope its good but I do kinda have mixed feelings on it already. St. Louis post gave it an A+!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Damon, Is that where that old saying comes from:"Dumb as a Post"?
              (hahahahah!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I am not a fan of musicals and to be honest I am not a fan of Tim Burton. I think there is only a couple of his movies I liked. Anyway I have heard this isn't that great of a movie. I think I will wait until I can rent it.
                Jared Layman

Comment

Possibly Jim? LOL! We will see if I ever get to see it.
                  damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Saw and i am a Dep fan but did not like it very mnuch not that my two cents are worth anything
                    The Care Taker
                    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Saw it and loved it, the world has a hole in it and it's a big black pit and it's full of people who are full of s#!t and it's called Londen. lol. You have to love that line. The sets were awsome I could see the meat grinder and oven being in any haunted house.
                      Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 01-06-2008, 08:47 AM.
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I'll tell you a cool movie that I just watched on DVD... 'Shootem Up'

This movie was a blast!!!!!!!!

Just came out on DVD.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                        X