I need your help people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help people...

We're totally renovating, rethinking, rebuilding and repainting our haunted house finder program.

As a haunt owner what features is it missing, or do you need, things you'd like to see it do that it doesn't do now?

As a buyer or guest to a haunted house what do you think they would want to see changed to help them better make a choice of what haunt to go to. What can we do to make them buy a ticket to your haunted house.

I need your imput. Look over your profile or profiles on the site and tell me what you think we're missing!!!

I can tell you a few things that are being added now...

1) MP3 files can now be uploaded...that feature already works.

2) The backend is being reworked to make it easier to update your listings.

3) The ability to upgrade your listings to featured from your account

4) Blog system that lets users chat on your profile or lets you add updates about your attraction

5) If you're a featured listing you can add a three sentence description of your attraction, which shows up the listing.

6) New skull rating system that rates on different catagories.

7) Listings will show your rank to users for views (how popular) , skull rating (highest to lowest), and your trackback rank.

8) In the backend of your account it will give you site stats for your listing

9) Create polls inside your account for your attraction

10) New system that lets me know how long its been since your account has been updated...if you don't update your accounts within so many months I will delete them. This will be my way to eliminate bad accounts.

Those are some of the things... Any thoughts?

Should we add a section where people can view a live webcam or something?

I don't know.

You guys tell me what I need.

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

10) New system that lets me know how long its been since your account has been updated...if you don't update your accounts within so many months I will delete them. This will be my way to eliminate bad accounts.
    Larry,

As we spoke about last night, set this up to be an automated Chron job. At a certain point each year have the system check for activity and delete as necessary. That way you don't need to go into each one and do it manually.

Also eliminate the ability for multiple accounts/listings.

Comment

I think you are right Barry to let an auto program just sweep and delete inactive accounts. That is the easiest way to go.

I don't think you need a live web cam Larry, but adding a video upload feature where haunts can upload their season, a walk through etc. is prob more attainable to them then setting up web cams at their events.

But looks like its on the right track. Keep on rocking.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Uploading video would take ALOT more storage and bandwidth on HW.com's part. How about the ability to embed youtube.com videos into the listings. This will allow for a little bit "ease of use" for the user.

Also, maybe a form that could be filled and sent to the haunt listed. Let's say "John Smith" wanted to contact The Darkness but couldn't find it's email anywhere... well on the The Darkness's HW.com listing there would be a form (name, email, question box) that could be filled out and sent directly to the haunt. I think that could be pretty handy!

-Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Larry

IDEA's!

I am not sure how you could get it all put together, but to save the time for the people that are looking for the haunts, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT ADRESS ALONG WITH THE CITY AND MAYBE THE ZIP CODE. THEN HAVE A LINK TO MAP QWEST SO THAT PEOPLE CAN FIND HAUNTS FASTER.

Maybe also have a direct link to the haunts informational email adress. Sometimes it is not easy to locate these on web pages.

Brian

Comment

We are considering a live cam for The Darkness next year ala Scarefest.com.

It would be cool if the site could diplay your live webcam. Hmmm... I have to see if I can do that or not. I'll add it to the list.

Barry your idea you threw out about accounts being deleted should be a priority I already know its a problem. Last season I had a lot of phone calls and emails from people about haunts they tried to visit but didn't exisit anymore.

One new feature I didn't even discuss was that we now gave everyone the ability to delete their account. In the past you couldn't delete an account but now you can so hopefully people start deleting them themselves.

What else is wrong with the system, tell me!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I still can't get an MP3 to play.
              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Hmmm... has anyone?

I will look into that. Thanks Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

How about a place that the user can put in their address and then how many miles they would be willing to go and bam all the haunts with in that range will load onto the page. I'm not sure that it can be done, I'm just thowing it out there.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Suggestion

Possibly the states that have lots of listings could be divided up into east, west and central. I'm not sure a person looking up the list of haunts is willing to read all 90 listings and see if some of those names are near them.

For example, Lubbock Texas and Houston Texas are 900 miles apart. Dallas area and Houston area are 400 miles or more apart and they are all inter mingled to be like reading the phone book only the names are all spooky.

The map thing would work but it seems any time you use it for anything else you search for all the flags over lap and the resolution is never right. Lots of times there are little flags but, you can't get them to list out.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

So many people are just confused , non-directional by nature.
                      People will asume that Mount Carroll, illinois is "downstate" from Chicago simply because so much of the land mass of Illiniois does stretch down the lenght of the state, but we are due west of Chicago, ten miles from Iowa, 35 miles from Wisconsin.
                      I never tell people to use Mapquest because it is wrong and very misleading so much of the time. Some Monk in a mountaintop monastary much figure out Mapquest's routing. They want to send people over 2-lane country blacktops with stop signs every couple of miles instead of just using major highways because on paper they may be saving a mile or two but any driving adult knows it takes time and gas to stop and accellerate to cover a few miles through stop signs using more gas than just putting it into high and rolling along. The Monk doesn't own a car .(And it is SO HARD to pick up girls with a burrow!)
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X