Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you with multi attractions, how do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you with multi attractions, how do you do it?

How do you handle the Q line? I mean, do you have 1 entrance and the visitors enter one way or do you have more than 1 line?
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

We have three attractions. By nessesity, rather than choice, we have 3 cue lines. When we have the personel, we can regulate the flow really well and keep individual wait times down.

It's worked for us, but it depends on your market. What's you anticipated flow?

Comment

So say a customer comes and buys tickets for all three attractions. They wait in line for an hour go get into attraction A. Then they have to wait another hour or so for B

Comment

This waiting thing....

I have been through many attractions where it is three houses or themes and one entrance. It makes the actual in series esperience too much and a lost value for the customer as well as how much can be charged for multiple events.

If you had an hour wait at a one entrance haunt with 3 themes it would be a 20 minute wait at 3 haunts. The over all size of the location is the same but, being able to charge more for three seperate attractions means more helpers.

Not that this is the actual amount, but 1 20,000 SF Haunt at $12 is pushing it. # haunts each 6,000 or even smaller like 3,000 SF would be worth maybe $8 each and doubles the per customer income to $24. The expenses are the same or even less with multiple haunts.

In the big picture though you just increased your capacity need for 3 times as much parking if that is a limitation. You just increased you capacity from one haunt with a tolerable 1 hour wait to 3 haunts with an hour wait each. This can be good as it means you are making money and has a residual effect of perhaps not all 3 haunts were actually seen by all patrons and they will comeback another evening to see what they haven't.

Additionally, those that can not afford $24 can still have an evening out for $8 per person. You have to look out for the poor people too!
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

More or less. The wait time would be the same for one line. Just 3 hours in one line. People seem to be more okay with 3 lines. Hell, when there is a three hour wait at Legend, people complain endlessly.

Comment

He said it better. :-) I'm a slow poster.

Comment

At our biggest, we had 6 seperate attractions in 6 seperate buildings with 6 seperate que lines. If we didn't break it up there would be a 4 hour wait in one que line. By breaking it up we had it down to about a 30 minute wait in each que.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

But remember: "All things come to he who waits."

Easy profit await the haunt with the long, slow line. Sell them food and drinks and souveneers and then pick their social security checks from their pockets as the mailman delivers then to their now dead and dried up corpses!
                "Sorry about the long wait...NOT!"
                Then sell their votes to a politician a couple of times.
                Make more money selling tickets to new customers who want to see the "Line Of The Dead" waiting customers.
                The one group of customers that cause almost no problems ...once they stop stinking so much.
                Customers complain about the wait?" Look at them! They have been here alot longer and you don't hear them complaining do you?"
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

If I get my second building next year this is how I plan on doing it. You pay $10.00 to get into House number 1. At the end of house number one you exit. If you have a ticket to house number 2 you continue to house nuber 2 through a hallway, otherwise you just leave through a seperate exit door. The combo ticket for both haunts might be $16 or so. If someone comes and buys the $10 ticket and comes back another day and wants to see house number 2 you have to pay $16 and see house number 1 again and then house number 2.

Does that make since?

Sean
                  Sean De Wane
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  The De Wane Asylum
                  www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I could be wrong...but do you think many customers would be coming back to see the second haunt? Wouldn't they just see them all at once, go home, call it a season?
                    If they were really enthralled by your place (as some always will be) they will come back, bring friends and do the whole show over again yet in the same season.
                    By making them pay again for the first house it might make it seem as if you are forcing them to see something they don't want or need , which could "read" to some more aware customers that the first house might not be worth the price, so you have to force-feed it to them, financially, which probably will not be the case, but might seem that way, if they think about it?
                    If this policy you mentioned is just because of the financial considerations, just hire a professional pick-pocket and anchor him in the dark, close maze for the weekend.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. Sean, hows the move going? Can you believe all this snow? Thank god I have a plow on the ATV, or I would be pooped!

Comment

Hey, Ron! In the past, when we had 2 or 3 attractions in one building, we had a separate queue line for each. People didn't seem to mind waiting. I think even the general public plans to make a night of it if they are visiting more than one attraction.

I'd almost think that it is easier to do separate queues than one, as that wait could get extremely long. With separate ones, you seem to have more control over the flow of each attraction, rather than each attraction depending on the flow of the other. Say something goes wrong (let's hope not, but it does happen occasionally) in attraction #1 and you have to stop the show...if you have separate queues, then attraction #2 and #3 can continue running.

I'd love to hear more on this from someone who runs one queue for multiple attractions.
                        www.mindseizure.com
                        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I couldn't tell if you have an indoor/outdoor/or what haunt. What I'm suggesting has not been tried yet, but this is our situation. If nothing else, maybe it'll spark some ideas for you.

We averaged almost 350 customers per night at our haunted trail and wait times reached an hour and a half at times. We guide groups of up to 10 customers on a 30-40 minute 5/8ths miles trail through the woods. We improved on 2006's process but 2007 exceeded our expectations. We felt there is no way to speed up the process and still provide the level of entertainment we have in the past.

The solution we're considering for 2008:
                          There is an 8-9 acre field on the property that we are not using. Plant a corn maze, populate with 15-20 actors, minimal or no props, harvest the corn, sell roasted corn on the cob to recoup our investment.

We currently charge $10 for the Trail. Now add $10 for the Maze or $15 for both. If you are in the maze and your group is called, your group goes back to the front of the line to enter the Trail. We would essentially charge them an extra $5 for them to wait to enter the Trail.

Comment

Working...
                          X