Dental Distortions Teeth; your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental Distortions Teeth; your opinion

Thanks to a generous benefactor, I have money to burn.

One item I was thinking of purchasing was a set of choppers from Dental Distortions. For those of you who have received teeth from them, what is your opinon on their product? Once they are in, how do they feel? Do they impair your speech (if at all)? Do you think they were worth the purchase?

Their stuff looks awesome. I think Netherworld buys a lot from them.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

They look great but I found them difficult to work with.

I prefer the feel of the scarecrow brand myself.
      Thanks, Jeff
      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
      www.HauntForum.com
      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Scarecrow is good, But in my opinion Thad from DENTAL DISTORTIONS makes the BEST Looking, and BEST fitting FX DENTURES in the INDUSTRY.
        On that note There will be a segment in our Upcoming DVD on how to PROPERLY FIT your FX Dentures...........
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I agree, The DDs look awesome, but they do not fit everyones teeth.
          The ScareCrow brand doesn't need to be boiled to make them pliable to fit.

My favorite veneers were the pirate teeth. Very thin and I would forget they were even in my mouth.
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com

Comment

I own several sets of Dental Distortions teeth and they are great. Over the past few years Thad has improved them by making the gums thinner and, therefore, more comfortable.

If you take your time in fitting them properly (ie. follow the directions LOL) they will be very comfortable. I can talk normally with them in as well as drink.

Comment

Barry,

But can you eat in them??? LOL

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We use them extensively. The thermo plastic mount can be tough to work with, but when fitted correctly it is excellent. The trick is to have just enough grip to keep them in without too much pressure. You can also keep fitting them until it works for you. But if you don't like the thermo plastic, its not that difficult to find other methods to secure the teeth. From an artistic standpoint however, his teeth are great!

Thanks

Ben
                NETHERWORLD
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Dental Distortions do look pretty awesome I remember seeing them at Transworld. You can do anything in them. Drink, eat, talk clearly. I think Scarecrow teeth suck! I like the Dracula fangs better. That is if your playing a vampire. The Dental Distortions would probably be worth the $. Ben what dont you all have at Nether World? LOL! That last H.W. video I was like Damn I would love to have half of that stuff you showed! What was your alls budget last season if you dont mind sharing. I would love to see yours and Billys haunt some day its awesome looking!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

So Smiley, what teeth have you been looking at from DD?
                    Thanks, Jeff
                    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                    www.HauntForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frighteners Entertainment View Post
                      So Smiley, what teeth have you been looking at from DD?
                      Well, I had my eye on Gremlin teeth for a while. With a nickname like Smiley, I figured I'd go with a more "sinister" grin as opposed to a he-never-got-braces one.

Or maybe it's because I like this guy so much:

Comment

We get the Dental Distortion teeth for almost all of our actors. You really do have to work with the teeth to get a good fit. It's not hard once you get the hang of it and they are an awesome detail to add to your costuming! If you fit the teeth to your mouth and they're not comfortable, you can re-heat them and try again. Dn't use more of the thermo-plastic than you need. Remember, you don't have to use it all, just enough to get a good hold like Ben mentioned. I highly recommend them!

Kel
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hmm. Based on customer analysis, I have come to a conclusion:

Sit on my couch and watch TV until March. By that time, they'll be completely restocked.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to nuke some popcorn and fire up my Die Hard DVD!
                          Last edited by Smiley; 12-29-2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Greetings from Dental Distortions

Thad from Dental Distortions here...

I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake regarding this thread. Business has been busy to say the least.

Our goal with Dental Distortions was to provide 'Hollywood'-quality dental appliances to the Halloween and Haunt industries.

I think that we have achieved this.

That being said, our products do have a couple of issues that make them less-than-perfect.

One issue is the fitting material. We currently use a rigid thermoplastic that holds great but can be hard on the gums if not properly fitted. The fitting process can take 30 min. to a hour for a novice user, But once properly fitted, they can be worn for hours and DO NOT have to be re-fitted when being worn in a few days or weeks.

We are working on developing a better fitting process utilizing newer materials and we have had mixed results.

Chances are good that we will sell our products with a basic fitting kit using a thermoplastic that is easier to work with. And for advanced fitting, we will offer a customize kit with a soft liner system (which is in development).

Please realize that our products are on the high end of the spectrum and therefore will take a bit more time to use than other novelty teeth products on the market; you get what you pay for and we aim to give the best quality product that we can for a competitive price.

Thanks for listening.

Thad
                            Dental Distortions
                            Our Teeth Make Kids Scream, Dogs Bark and Adults Cringe

Comment

I have a few sets of the DD teeth and will say I love them. At first I was in a hurry to fit them....then relized, to take my time and properly fit them. Like the others said, once you get use to fitting them...wow....these things are just amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X