Alien vs. Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien vs. Predator

Did anyone get a chance to check out this flick yet? I was wondering if it was good or not. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Going to see this movie would be WAY TO SCARY! Imagine you are sitting there, you look around and the rest of the audience is comprised of the family members all aliens and predator's relatives, then a fight breaks out! And you are sitting there innocently in the middle of that!
    All you could do would be to yell "Help Me Arnold! Help me Sigourney!"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I saw it this afternoon. An OK movie, kind of glad I went to an afternoon showing, not sure if it would have been worth full price, but it is not one of those movies I have seen that I want to kill the writer afterward for wasting 2 hours of my life.....
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

As the saying goes... 'there is a sucker born every minute'. If you waste your money on this movie just call yourself a sucker. This movie was so bad and I mean so bad it ruins all the credibility of the classic Alien movies.

I'm sure James Cameron is just turning green! The first AVP was pretty good I thought, and we saw how the Alien is actually a bit stronger, faster and more lethal than the Predators. In the last movie we saw how one alien wiped out like three Predators. But in this movie one Predator wipes out like 50 aliens and even at one point bullets just fly off his chest. I didn't understand what I was seeing.

Not only that but the acting is so bad, what happens is just so over the top that you can't even believe it. They do set up the end for another one, which lets all hope and pray they don't.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Avp

That's too bad I was really looking forward to seeing that movie.

Comment

Pretty good cheese...

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            Did anyone get a chance to check out this flick yet? I was wondering if it was good or not. Larry
            Hi Larry,
            I saw Legend on wed. and AVPr on Thursday. Now, it may just be that I got so little out of Legend that I actually enjoyed AVPr. All of your comments are very valid, & I really cant argue about any of them.... other than it was a waste of my money.
            I went in expecting to get some SciFi Cheese, and that is what I got. I am a big Alien Fan, and AVP1 really surprised me, but this one doesn't quite stand up to the first.
            Yup, the acting is questionable, and there are holes in the plot, but all in all not a terrible way to spend an afternoon...
            Some things I liked (no spoilers)
            • Aliens were indiscriminate, no regard to sex, age or social standing.
            • Predator stuck to his job, never got side tracked by silly humans or emotion
            • I liked seeing Scenery from my own backyard
            • Token love story only consumes about 5 minutes of total screen time...

Probably, the thing I disliked the most was the cinematography. No nominations for this one! I found the shaky camera and constant low lighting a bit hard to take at times, especially during the big fights. If you are a real SciFi Fan, and don't mind a bit of Cheese, see it. Otherwise you may want to wait for it to show up in your DVD rental place...

Aaron.
            Aaron
            Braineater Productions
            Braineater Haunted House, Sidney B.C.

Comment

Couple things you forgot...

1) The Predator did in fact get distracted by the Humans...he did skin one and left one hanging upside down. I was thinking that was dumb, because it was just thrown in there because he had skinned so many people in the first Predator movie. How does the Predator have time to skin a human when he was going to such great lenghts to hide the fact that any aliens ever landed on Earth. It was like they just threw that in there for fun or something.

2) How bad was the lighting I mean for real... you couldn't ever see anything. Everything was dark dark dark dark. You never got a good look at anything.

I rate this movie 1.5 stars out of 5.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

SPOILER!
                The Predator did in fact get distracted by the Humans...he did skin one and left one hanging upside down.
                LOL!
                that's right! I had a conversation with my wife about that very thing as we left the theater. I understood why Pred. killed the cop, (he was seen hiding the evidence) but why was he skinned? Was Pred setting him up as bait, like he did in the sporting goods store? Idunno...

My rating would be a strong 2 stars (close to 2.5)
                Aaron
                Aaron
                Braineater Productions

Comment

See that is what I'm saying...it made no sense at all. Here is the predator trying to hide all evidence of any spaceship, any alien murders, face huggers and everything else, he knows there are several aliens running around but he has time to skin a cop??? That was stupid. That was just thrown in there because that is what has happened in the past and it was dumb for adding it.

Either make the Predator there hunting everyone or he's there for a clean up but not both.

As far as I was concerened they couldn't have made a worse movie.

Don't you agree about how dark the movie was in terms of not being able to see anything?

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

You know what else was stupid...the alien that burst from the Predator is some kind of hybrid Alien/Predator. Whenever the aliens put eggs in the humans they don't come out as hybrids, so why when its in the Predator. I think if you follow all the movies you see the same thing and that is a body is just a host until the egg hatches. Stupid.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

in the dark

Don't you agree about how dark the movie was in terms of not being able to see anything?
                      Yup, this is something I complained about in my first post on this thread... Didn't like much at all about the way this one was filmed. I wanted a better look at that Alien.

We agree on most points, but sorry Larry, I just don't think this was the worst SciFi I have seen. Again, this may be because I had just seen I am Legend and was so disappointed with that one... my cheese-acceptance level may have been higher than usual

Take care,
                      Aaron
                      Aaron
                      Braineater Productions

Comment

No I don't think it was the worst...remember a movie called 'Plan Nine for Outer Space'? LOL Well that was worse for sure! LOL

Let me say this the remake of Godzilla by those idiots that did ID4 that was 100 times worse than this. Hmmm... Hulk from Ang Lee was about 45 times worse.

LOL

Alien vs. Predator was bad but not outright horrid. I will say I have seen some direct to video movies better, but not many. When you have this kind of money to make a movie, when you these kind of classic creatures to work with and for the first time they've appeared on earth together in the public eye you'd think you could come up with something better.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

No I don't think it was the worst...remember a movie called 'Plan Nine for Outer Space'?

Yep. Ever saw 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians'? Eck.

Comment

See that is what I'm saying...it made no sense at all. Here is the predator trying to hide all evidence of any spaceship, any alien murders, face huggers and everything else, he knows there are several aliens running around but he has time to skin a cop??? That was stupid. That was just thrown in there because that is what has happened in the past and it was dumb for adding it.

Either make the Predator there hunting everyone or he's there for a clean up but not both.

As far as I was concerened they couldn't have made a worse movie.

Larry
                            Uwe Boll could have made it worse...
                            Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                            X