Santa Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Scene

Has anyone thought of having a "bad santa claws" as a scene in there haunt?
    I am considering the idea, but was wondering if doing something like his was wrong? Meaning, offending the public etc. Could you please give me your opinions or suggestions on doing something like this?
    Thanks

we wanted to do one for years but everyone i talked to said not to do it. well last year i did it and it was a hit! not a single person complained and alot of people said it was their favorite room.

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I believe that DreamReapers in chicago, have a SATAN clause character.....
      Have I mentioned lately I LOVE DREAM REAPERS!
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

We have had evil Santa's, Mrs. Claus as well as demented elves. They have always been good rooms!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        Deadly Intentions Haunted House
        www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Do it I have seen it done in more than one haunted house.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I talked to my staff at the Darkness during this past season and came up with this crazy idea of turning the whole entire mansion into the Night Before Christmas. In other words make it snow in the swamp before the mansion facade, having an evil frost costume actor jump out, decorate the entire inside with christmas lights, decorations, trees, presents the whole bit.

The whole idea was that this was a normal home until Santa Claws and his evil elves showed up and killed everyone. The whole family would be killed in a Christmas style like impaled on a tree, blah, blah.

I thought it would be a riot. I was going to have Brainstorm do me up a horrible looking Santa logo and everything.

I still think it would be a great idea. Also considered doing a 3D Santa attraction around the same theme.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Another thing... several years ago we had a haunted house called Terror Visions and inside we did a whole series of Santa scenes in the attraction and people loved them. But one thing that was great was we took famous santa stories like Night before Christmas and twisted around the words and recorded it and played it in the scenes. It was great!

I'll see if I can locate that sound file and upload it.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Universal's Halloween Horror Nights this year had a house "Psychoscareapy - Home for the Holiday's" this year. No actual Santa but definitely one of the most creative haunts I'v seen. Back story was that a van full of patients from the local asylum crashed into a house around Christmas time, and the patients took over the neighborhood.

Check out a brief video of it:

http://www.haunttube.com/view_video....e=&category=mr
                Chris Stafford
                1331 Entertainment Group
                Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Sounds like my one murder mystery script we used to do here "The Seven Psychic Sisters" who were going through The Ravens Grin Inn looking for clues as to who murdered their Fathers as a group of psychos invaded the house as their bus quit right outside and they were employed as the scare-squad meanacing the sisters, of course each psycho had numerous personalitys to play with...
                  My "Santa" is "Nosferato-claus", the bad Santa. "Has the good Santa been not bringing you what you ask him for? Ask Bad Santa and he might come across for you since the good Santa knows what you want is something that you really shouldn't have, whereas the bad Santa doesn't care, whisper in Bad Santa's ear, ask him for what you want......" Then the fun begins!
                  "Bad Santa's initials are ""B S", afterall!
                  Just a few hours ago Nosferato Santa got quite a reaction from some people here, lots of fun!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We did a nasty Santa scene this year. Since we also host a Christmas show and hayride, we were able to use our animated elves in the scene. It was pretty simple; a partially decorated tree, stockings hangin over a fireplace, presents strewn around, and of course Santa with a bloody beard. Surprisingly, we had no complaints. The funny thing is when people return for our Christmas display, they are amazed that we had transformed the Bates Motel into Santa's workshop. The only screams we got was when the guys fired up the chainsaw to trim the trees we were selling!
                    Randy Bates
                    The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride
                    www.thebatesmotel.com

Comment

Santa with a SAW!!!!

Our first room in The Shadow's Edge is a Christmas scene. X-mas tree in the corner, corpse dressed in holiday cheer in a chair, Bing on the radio, and a sliding chimney with the jolly one himself running you down a hallway with a chainsaw named rudolph!!!! Works great, no complaints in two years.
                      Scott Murphy- Owner/Operator www.theshadowsedge.com KICKING & SCREAMING!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X