Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Vendors...What is on your Christmas List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly,

I think someone did make one of those several years back. I don't remember who made it, but I haven't seen it advertised in a long time.

-l
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Ghost rider

Ghost rider I think makes one Kel.

Larry
      www.abracadaver.com
      Larry@abracadaver.com

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
        Dear Santa Vendor,
        We are doing a room this year themed as “Yigg: Temple of the Snake God”.
        Nice one. I take it you have some Lovecraft fans in your ensemble.

Please send us some pictures afterwards.

BVG
        Baron Von Goolo's Museum of Horrors & Food Court of the Damned, at FrightTown

Comment

Larry,
          You are right. It is Ghost Ride. I thought when they came out with it, it was a great idea.
          www.ghostride.com
          Last edited by Gore Galore; 01-07-2008, 02:02 PM.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the heads up!

Kel
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Now that the Thread is Moving along nicely, allow me to throw in another Vendor moment, If Anyone wants anything custom built, costumes, props, facades, ETC.... WE DO IT, we are not just those guys that sell makeup and whatnot. Anyone that Knows me personally can attest to the fact that we build some incredible detailed sets. Hard thing about being a newer vendor is the inabiliaty to really show off our work at Transworld, by not Having the Finances to enable us to purchase multiple booths for the larger stuff. I am thankful for MHC for allowing us to bring some of our Larger works, and look forward to being ble to do so again, with bigger better examples of our work. I am working now on a new Stilt costume and I fear that it wont be ready in time for Transworld........ Kinda bummed on that, BUT before I release something that isnt ready, I wont release it. All I can say is that I tink it is going to knock the socks of some people. Time will TELL!
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Reading through all of the posts I’m not seeing a whole lot of innovation going on, mostly updates of the same old stuff. We are working on a lot of new things this year some may be done in time for TW or HC others may slide into 2009, but we hope to blow some minds...

One very small project I’d like to get some feed back on to see if it is worth releasing as a product is what I call a Smart Trigger. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do this before in a prop trigger.

Problem - I like to be at the back of a group going thru a haunt so I can check the scenery out blah, blah right. Just about every animatronic uses a motion sensor or matt switch and triggers on the first person that enters the room so the people in the back of the group never see much.

Solution – The Smart Trigger uses a couple of motion sensors that tracks the group size and triggers the prop at the best point for the group size, you can select middle or back of group for large groups or random select. Random select would be best if it you had Smart Triggers on all props then everyone would get their fare share of effects and when people go thru the haunt multiple times it is different each time.

Obviously if your haunt is a constant flow type (feeding people in one after the other) you would not use this. Cost has not been calculated yet but would be under $100.

Any thoughts are welcome.
                Regards,
                Jeff Londos
                Monster-Tronics
                Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                www.Monster-Tronics.com
                Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Jeff,

It might take some calculations and trial and error to get it right, but how about putting a delay on the motion sensor? The first person in would trigger it but it wouldn't activate until so many seconds later.

Comment

That might work but I found triggers with delays it is always hard to zone in since the speed of which people go thru a haunt is always very different. Some barely move other run… I tried that with a multi prop with a single sensor… it didn’t work well.

If you always have the same size group you could just put one sensor a little past the prop to get the back of the group.

Nice thing about the smart sensor, if it was a small two person group it would nail them perfect every time.

Thanks for the input, this is something I was adding as part to a custom prop I made to try and get the best scary every time. Wondered if it would make for a good standalone product.
                    Regards,
                    Jeff Londos
                    Monster-Tronics
                    Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                    www.Monster-Tronics.com
                    Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

I see what Jeff is getting at. There are effect controls on the market with delays, but they are a specified time delay. And that is the best there really is. Jeff, it sounds pretty interesting. A smart board that always activates in the middle of the group no matter what the group size is. Or the end of the group for what they call "Scare Forward". You should always keep the groups moving to avoid bottlenecks. Always a good idea with higher throughput attractions.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

It's football season

Going back to the original theme of what we would like to have: a football player monster, maybe along the lines of a Creature Reacher. With Halloween being in the middle of the pro and college football seasons and the end of high school, it would probably be popular. It would probably need to be customizable to some extent as far as the color of the jersey and a logo on the helmet, but that shouldn't be that big of a deal. This might be a real money maker for some company because it would not only appeal to haunters but football fans as well. High school sna dcolleges would be inetrested in them. If it looked cool, you would theme it after your team. If it looked bad, you would theme it after your rivals. They could use them at games, rallies and parties like they do now with standars mascot costumes.

I think having one before Halloween would be a great way to promote your haunt at football events.

Comment

Several years ago Ghost Ride sold a video game that you could put dollars in so you could trigger a scare while watching a video monitor. He hasn't brought this to the show in several years you'd have to ask him if he can make another one.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

LOL Shawn, last year on of the Minions Begged me to Create a stilted Football player monster, for the big MADDEN release, of course he asked me like a few days prior............ and no time at all to work the idea.
                            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

We also would like to see smaller tabletop animatronics. Not all of them have to be 9' tall.
                              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
                                We also would like to see smaller tabletop animatronics. Not all of them have to be 9' tall.
                                We are working on one 8-1/2' tall animatronic and then a handful of smaller table top ones, got any requests? We only have one of the smaller ones in clay already so we are open to suggestions.
                                Brian Warner
                                Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                                Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                                Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
                                X