hi, don't know if you remember me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, don't know if you remember me

i was on here for a short while over a year ago. at the time my brother and i were looking to purchase a building for a professional haunt in my town and we were looking at an old radio station building. we ended up not buying it. now we are in the process of buying an old school building. i have a nail salon and my sister has a hair salon so the 1st floor is where our businesses will be. the 2nd floor is where we were planning on doing the haunt. this place is huge, it even has a gymnasium in the basement!! so i think the 2nd floor is something like 7,000 sq feet. anyways, i was looking for some ideas. i wanted to focus on the school theme but my brother doesn't want to paint himself into a corner and be stuck. so any ideas would be wonderful!!!!

i purchased kel's book when i was on here last so i will be digging that up and referring to it for most of my questions. but i know i will be coming on here pestering you guys for help too!

oh and as a side note~the school was built in 1916 and when my brother went to school there, a girl fell over the top banister of the stairs and died, so yeah, i think this place might be a true haunted house! i am such a chicken sh.it though, i can't even believe i love this stuff as much as i do when in real life i can't handle it!!
    ~nail in the coffin~

**Crawford School of Terror**
    Connellsville, PA

Too good of an opportunity

to not have at least one haunted classroom!

Comment

If you haven't purchased it yet, I would first check on asbestos and second the heating system, third electrical. we had looked at an old school hous but were informed that we would have to remove the asbestos before we could occupy it. Cost of removal was more than the building!!! The heating system on such a big space probably wasn't that effecient when it was new!! Could end up costing thousands a month to heat the barn!! Then you have electrical. Since this is a new use of the building you may have to bring it up to code. Again, could cost thousands!

Just a few things to consider when getting a "great deal"!!

Having another business to offset cost is a good idea.

Good luck
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Fourth - sprinklers?

Comment

Two years ago the old Mount Carroll school was purchased at auction for $3,000.oo It was built in 1906-1940-1958 and is three and four stories with two gymnasiums, square footage? Absolutely immense! (as compared to almost any building around here)......and now it just sits there........the guy that bought it doesn't know what to do with any of it.
          As the roof begins to leak and the rest of it needs constant repairs..a very inefficient structure , wrongly configured for almost any other use, in the middle of Mount Carrollnowhere in a residential part of this little town, a block off the main "drag"........I don't see anything positive or productive EVER happening with this.
          It took a district taxing body with government help from the state to keep it going before, way too much for one guy to handle financially or physically....
          The only break he has now is that the property tax man will only tax him on what he paid for it...for now...until something "happens"..........?
          The "Excitement" of an auction can be a bitch to handle later.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X