Freezer Room Walls, QUESTIONS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer Room Walls, QUESTIONS?

What kind of material would you use to create that walk in freezer look on the walls, for example, something similar to Larry's freezer at the Darkness?

I have used corugated metal. Be sure to tape or grind the edges so no one gets cut.

Comment

In the past we've used aluminum foil over our wood walls. We diluted some Elmer's glue with water and applied it just like wall paper. After it was up we used some spray snow like you use on windows to add some frosty detail. A little rock salt glued in places give a great ice detail as well.
      http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Or just travel up to Green Bay for the NFC title game this Sunday. Wind temps going to be about -10 or so by the end of the game. Yep, look for the "frozen Dirk" row 45 in the corner of the end zone!!
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Something I have used in the past and looks great is 4x8 FRP(fiberglas reinforced plastic) panels that have a texture. They come white if you buy them at lowes or home depot, but you can paint them a metallic color so they look like stainless steel or aluminum. Here is a link to a site that sells them in silver color. http://www.frpshop.com/Merchant2/mer...e=SilverPanels
          Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
          [n8 creative studios]

Comment

This is what I use. It is called an Aquatile panel. Larry uses it at The Darkness and Silo-X as well:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...605&lpage=none

Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Depends on the type of freezer you are looking for. Amny industrial freezers are white. So you can just get white melanite sheets. It's fairly inexpensive and readily available. You can even buy the white plastic joiner pieces and it would compliment the look. Then a cool dirt wash or I like to use Kevin McCurdy's techique of the "Glossy Wood Tone" florists spray. It runs well and is sort of brown translucent.
              R&J Productions
              Las Vegas, NV
              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I used many sheets of 26 gauge sheet metal (it ain't cheap) I bent all the edges down 1/2 inch(flat) and happened to find some really nice very flat-headed self-taping phillips drive screws at Menards, they come in two lengths I will use both. They pull right into plywood and flatten so nice as to eliminate any potential customer "Ouchy" problems .
                I really wasn't trying to make a freezer look , maybe it's the inside of an old UFO? Maybe it's a madman's trouphy cleaning room?
                Whatever it is is left up to each customer's mind and they seem to like it, it's different, strange other-worldly and very punch-proof!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

FRP prime and paint silver or a matalic looks real good but then again depends ont he typw of frezer you can get FRP in smoth or rough surface.

if you see some comercial going up stop and talk to the superintendant and try and get the cold storage contractor contact them if they are not on sit ean dask for some assistanc in the best give me some damn frp voice yo have they may help.
                  realy they usualy always have it left over and depending on the job location it is just to hard to move and stor so they just leave it i bet if you catch a worker bee you could even turn over that bottle of boz for a few sheets atno cost
                  The Care Taker
                  John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

We did that last year. I used emergency balnkets at first, then the fire marshal made us take them down. You know the same ones they carry on their rigs

Then I just painted the walls grey and then misted crome paint and did a rust over lay.
                    ~HauntedWebby~
                    www.lazarusmaze.com
                    www.bbqandghosts.com
                    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Working...
                    X