Haunt Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Sizes

Does anyone have a haunt in a commercial building? Such as Netherworld.

I am wanting to create my own haunt, but I don't know what size to make the building...

What size is your building(sq. ft)?

Thanks!

What size can you afford? I am looking for a building or looking into having one built myself but it can be too cost prohibitive I've found. A lot depends on where you are located in the country? To have a decent sized building built and enough land would be over 100k+ for the building and sprinkler system etc and up to a few million for enough land unless you're going way out from the urban centers it would be cheaper. This is what I've found in my area, mid-Atlantic....

Darkangel

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I live in Manitoba, Canada. Which is high in agriculture, so therefore they make alot of these buildings. Of cource the price will still be high as well as purchasing the land... what do you think is a good amount of sq. ft?

Comment

For one show I would think 4-5000 sq. ft maybe. If you had a bigger building you could make the shows smallers and have a couple different ones, which would be great to upcharge with....Some haunts do smaller shows in less sq. ft and they are great, then some have one show in 10k sq ft or more!

Darkangel

Comment

The Darkness is a 20,000 square feet building. We dont' use the whole 20k but we use most of it. We are also building onto the building adding another 17,000 square feet. We will use about 7,000 square feet of that to add another haunted house for 2008 and raise our price to $20.00 per person.

I think the size of a haunt really depends on the other haunts in the market.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            The Darkness is a 20,000 square feet building. We dont' use the whole 20k but we use most of it. We are also building onto the building adding another 17,000 square feet. We will use about 7,000 square feet of that to add another haunted house for 2008 and raise our price to $20.00 per person.

I think the size of a haunt really depends on the other haunts in the market.

Larry
            Do you have more than one show in your building already? I have actually been there in the off season before and it seemed like your building was even bigger than that. Maybe it seemed longer because of the design.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Jordan, If there quite a few spaces to choose from it might be telling you something...they may be overpriced.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not mention that normally stats show that haunts do not fair well in the mall setting. Hasn't been proved yet as to why...they just don't do well there.

If you already have acreage...why not consider doing an outdoor type of attraction?
                You have to be like my area...sometimes experiencing snow in October..or sooner in your case...humm...maybe thats why the indoor haunt?

Another suggestion is already finding a business that has a back area not being used. Offer to rent it from them. Or see if they would like topartner up in the effort.
                But always, always have a contract to protect you and also to protect the others involved. Good business sense for everyone involved.

info@thehorrorteller.com
                www.thehorrorteller.com
                www.scarecrowvillage.com

Comment

Working...
                X