Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to introduce a new show...

Hi,
    I would like to introduce a new show to all you haunted house , haunted forest,
    haunted hayride and dark entertainment owners. Its called:
    The Horror-Teller Show.
    This show can handle 300 guests per hour or two shows each hour. Do the math and see what it can do for you.
    It can be used outside or inside.
    It has the potential admission fee of $ 8.00 and up depending on how you use it.
    Your guests will be coming back for more each season.
    The show has a special dark twist..a secret if you will, and guests will soil themselves. How do I know all this? I am the creator of this new show and have used it at my own haunted attraction for many years.
    It works!
    I've used it indoors and outdoors.
    I am a Master Horror-Teller.
    Any questions contact me or post I'd be happy to answer them for you.
    Thank you.
    info@thehorrorteller.com

Alright, I'll bite. I've read your post and been to your website...but I don't get it. It seems to me that you are kinda hiding any detail about what this thing is. If it's as great as you say, why not promote the crap out of it. If you want people to be interested and buy (I assume this is something you want to sell) this show, you have to give out the information we need. Right now, it seems to me like you have a live person telling a ghost story in a tent with, maybe, (I'm guessing now) an air cannon that goes off at just the right time to scare them at the end of the story.

That's my best guess from what I've seen. If I'm missing it, please elaborate. I think we all are interested in new things. It's what the industry thrives on.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Comment

Thank you for the questions.
      You are definitely missing it.
      What has taken us years to develope into a well choreographed show shouldn't be dismissed as a mere telling of a ghost story.

There is so much more involved. The Story itself is the backbone of the production.
      Everything else centers around the story.
      Your horror-Teller will either do one of two things...make the show or hurt your reputation.
      Are you willing to risk your haunted attractions reputation on a guess?

Just because I've figured out the pieces to a puzzle, does not mean that i would try to put it together with out seeing the whole picture on the box .

I am introducing The Horror-Teller Show as a new concept for the haunted entertainment industry for the owners to achieve success, by not having to second guess how to do it or fumble though it like I did to perfect it.
      A step by step process from the ground floor, up.
      Like any good book the ending should never be divulged. Its for the reader to learn for himself.

info@thehorrorteller.com
      www.thehorrorteller.com

Comment

Forgive us if we are skeptical, but you are way too vauge for any of us to get excited. Perhaps you ar afraid of exposing too much of your idea in fear that someone will steal the idea. We are also hesitant to drop money in case said idea will not work in our market or that we might get taken for a ride. Not that that EVER happens with vendors in the haunt industry...LOL
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Another good fair statement and a good point.
          However, I have a reputation at stake.
          This is only the first of my shows I plan on bringing forth to the haunted entertainment industry and tho you don't know me squat from Adam, I plan on being around a long, long time. To become someone you can trust, to help you
          achieve success with my shows.
          I do not take that statement lightly either.
          Thats why there is also The Secret Society Of The Horror-Teller so that once you have purchased the book we, The Master Horror-Tellers are there for guidence.
          Yes, this show is new and with all new things come fear of the unknown.
          The book saves you time and money...you don't have to guess what to do.
          You will learn what a Horror-Teller is, what he has to do and the why. You will learn how to set up the event, how to get into the guests minds even before the show begins and the grand finale that'll have your guests screaming for more.
          Yes, you could steal the idea...but would it be done right?

info@thehorrorteller.com
          www.thehorrorteller.com

Comment

Goodness I hope this works for you.

If I could make $50 an hour on the phone, $20 per email and $3600 for two days seeing them in person, for telling people how to do things, I would have collected 10 years worth of income and would have crashed a million dollars by now. I would have spawned Franchises where their personal coach gets $10 and I get $10 just because of my personal reputation and I would buy hundreds of robots to go forth into the world and spray gaffitti on buildings and sidewalks denouncing the man.

I'd get another cat, have a cushy office chair in a big underground facility and when they called, If they could get through the phone questions and push all the right responces, they would be talking to someone in India. I would have a 150 inch screen on the cave wall with global maps of where all the $10 hits were coming from. I would have a button to push that makes an evil laugh.

You must be the PHONE COMPANY of HORROR

I'm off now to create the text message of death. The horror of something unsolicited vibrating in your pants! That'll be $20
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"OOOOWWW!"

Only "solicited" vibrating in My Pants...I can't speak for Mr. Tuxedo though.
              Where do we send all of our money?

Yes, nothing beats telling a good ghost story to your haunt customers I have been doing this since day-one. (20 years)
              I had to force myself to watch the tapes from my front room to bring my ego back down to earth, having control over all those people sitting there , making them scream ,laugh, scream again , laugh all in the short period of a mere ten minutes! Whata way to introduce them to my house! ("Watch that ego! watch the ego!")
              Best of luck selling a mystery product to the "Choir" . I wouldn't sign the papers for the new Ferrarri just yet.....
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Very vague in his responces and goes around quetions without answering them. Sneeky!! or Shady!! you pick

Comment

If I have learned anything over the many years as a haunter it has to be that there are skeptics and believers in the world.

As to nightmares response : I have been neither shady or sneeky as at the website all pricing has been listed and laid out in front of you all, if I were either of the above -I wouldn't have disclosed that information to the public to view. And my gender is not one of a he.
                  At the main website-if you read it does say what this show is about. But you have to be willing to read.

As to Jims response I would have to agree that a story of Horror does give the guests a thrill to remember. Jim, I would really be interested in seeing a tape of you in action...perhaps to compare notes and see if your preformance is all it can be? Even just to discuss further one on one about your show its nice to know someone else knows something about this type of event.

And as for Greg... Not in it to be rich, ultimate goal here is to get folks to think outside the box. To expose them to something new to offer to their guests.
                  To teach something valuable that they will be able to use for many years once they learn the how and why its done this way.

and as for signing the papers for a ferrarri..well, I'm a old beater pick-up type of gal who loves traveling down a dusty country road or baha-ing in the mud!

I cannot sing to the choir if they are deaf.

Comment

Horrorteller,

Keep on plugging.
                    Something a little more concrete to understand your concept maybe helpful. An applied example.
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com
                    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

As per Mr. Gore's suggestion I have decided to let you have a listen to one of our stories in the audio C/D series. This audio is strickly to promote the voice training technique of The Horror-Teller.
                      It is not one of our scary versions of stories but a audio voice enhancer that once you've read the book will help you to understand how it works.

And Jim, since I have put this out for all to hear...I challenge you to do the same.

AND, if those of you who posted prior would take the time to acknowledge what you thought of it...well, that would be nice.

Heres the link:

http://thehorrorteller.com/redmeat.mp3

Comment

This style of presentation

It reminds me of few programs/presentations I have reviewed as a customer even here in Texas, where the attention span might be about 3.5 seconds. Once they blurt out How Ya'll Doin it was really the end of the conversation for most.

In all fairness one snippet does not begin to translate inflection, key words and attention from an audience. Frankly your pricing schedual is proper for a product with so much time invested.

This particuar character reminds me of two peformances I have seen in a haunt environment. One was along a wooded trail In central Texas where even young children passing the path saying nothing and looking at the customers was quite charming. Then you come upon the shed where an old witch has a campfire and begins to tell you your choices in the path at this point. This may have been 3 minutes.

The second character this reminds me of was in Chicago, Illinois but rather than saying much proceeded to provide action with limited dialog. When someone presented a ticket, she would say Thankyou and eat the ticket they had given. She would make very large men stop in their tracks and go where ever she said. With out any provocation she would come stand next to another actor and begin to eat their hair or take things from their upper pockets and eat them. She ended up on the snack bar eating things like a starving cave woman might.

The later I was able to watch and laughed hysterically for 45 minutes, I might have been in love. The former, story telling scenario had me lose attention many times as this might actually be an inconvienience. Perhaps it was the performer, the timing or placing this spooky character in the wrong pace of the entire event. Or perhaps I have some mental condition that limits me to this similar 3.5 second attention span so common these days and I had no choice but to move to Texas.

There is nothing that can rightfully be said against your product. It is a choice. I will however expand on Jim's comment. One becomes part of the choir to avoid the collection plate yet still come to the festivities. Many of us have been singing for 30 plus years with only figuring out where the church was for the last decade. It is hard to fathom that there is something new, although there might be. This product might work wonders for those begining their 50 year scary journey.

Further, Jim's all year long seminar in Mount Carroll Illinois is close enough for you to see yourself for only $12 a person. Similarly it would not necessarily hold up in snippet form perhaps as the one on one presence is mandatory.

I guess I must say thankyou very much for sharing. I'm thinking your market is finding those just starting out as actors.

As far as credibility issues, epecially on the Internet, I would prefer your sight contain actual contact information, general location and such to be a more tranparent true business offer. If this has been produced in a haunt, there should perhaps be reference to this event. Wether the event is or was a tremendous success is irrelavent. Just having an identity beyond being an author is as important as that one on one attention hold in acting.

For long term success, you will have to study your new site or forum a bit to see if it might be recieved well, as opposed to Joining in Jan 2008 and pounding out the offer to get rich quick for only $59. Pehaps over time this will also be irrelivant.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

The previous post

should certainly be worth $20 pay to my pay pal account.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, first let me say thanks for giving us something more to mull over. The audio that you offered is interesting, but I still fail to see the potential for a major attraction here. You made a statement before "Like any good book the ending should never be divulged. Its for the reader to learn for himself." I agree with you, but every book I have bought gives me a good idea of the story from the back cover. It still seems like (and I mean no disrespect by this) that you are essentially selling a method of telling a dramatic story. And maybe that is it and that's fine. But, if it's more than that, you are going to have to explain it better to us. Give us a synopsis or something. Here's a great for instance...We sell blood paint and it is the BEST blood paint you can buy. Why is it better than any other fake blood? I can tell you. It dries bright red and glossy, it's flexible and waterproof on most surfaces. Other blood paints dry pink or brown or don't dry at all.

Since you claim that this is much better than simply telling a ghost story, tell me why. Tell me what sets it apart. Tell me SOMETHING about the amazing ending that will make customers beg for more. I agree with Greg that the price is definitely not unreasonable, especially if it can do what you say. But, you have to give us more detail about the attraction itself.

The audio was a great start. I appreciate it. Let's keep moving in that direction.
                            Kip Polley
                            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                            We Engineer Fear

Comment

Not to pile on, but if you are a master story teller, then you need to tell a better story here. I think the concept is interesting (what I can glean) but you haven't come close to justifying the cost.
                              Greg Salyers
                              Fear Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                              X