No announcement yet.

OK everyone who is in and who is out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK everyone who is in and who is out??

So transworld is just around the corner, and i hate to say it but i have a very bad feeling about the shows possible turn out , We have to be there for the company to grow, however if we lose even just one haunter, we lost a possible sale? so my question is "who is in and who is out".

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak
    SCREAMLINE STUDIOS
    Last edited by screamline studios; 01-26-2008, 11:42 PM.

Jason I feel you on this one, we still havent locked into our booth yet and Transworld lack of disregard in the matter has me fearful that we may not attend the Show. But I Havent missed one in since I started attending so many years ago, cant see me starting now.
    With that said I have spoken with many vendors and they are all under the impression that for all those Haunters that dont attend from the midwest, will be replaced with those Haunters from out west, Im not seeing those numbers on any of the Boards, after looking over the VENDORS list for the Haunt section, I see less Vendors and only one or two new companies, Are these new companies from Out west or perhaps a few new midwest vendors making a bad choice to make Transworld Vegas their first show.
    Either way this is going to be a very very scary trip!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

If you go to the main Costume and Party Show site you will see that they have finally started to get things rolling. The interactive floorplan shows the final for the Haunt area and it shows almost full!! We have four booths this year and I see that Gore Galore, Haunted Enterprises, Creative Visions, Ghost Ride, and Oak Island all have more booths than usual. It's shaping up to be a big show. There are many new vendors and the only missing ones that I can see are Scareparts and LaFond Effx.

Transworld has really drug there feet but is working to make this a well attanded show. Don't count out mixing with new people that don't go to Chicago! The Vendor list is only five months old and is pure guess work on their part.

Viva Las Vegas!

Elvis has left the building!!

Matt Marich
      Edge Designs & Theme Decor, Inc.

http://www.twevite.com/vr2/shows/hcpshow/start.html
      Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Hey gang, here is my take.

If you own a haunted house, and you buy at Transworld every year, why WOULDNT you go? Transworld is the first and ONLY time certain companies like Scare Factory and Unit 70 show off new product - you have to go!

The only real reasons for buyers not to go are financial (costs too much, can't get of work etc.) and if you can't afford to go, then you were not going to buy much product anyway.

The sad part about the move is that many attendees who were not heavy buyers but still cool people you want to see and hang out that live near Chicago might not make it, and that could mess up the social side of things, but that shouldn't hurt vendors.

Here is what I think. Haunted houses who had good years in 2007 and who are always taking it to the next level will be there and will be buying.

So the question really is, who had a great 2007, and is planning to kick it up a notch in 2008?

Also this thought for vendors: What are you selling? Just like a successful Haunted House, If you do cool NEW stuff people want at a fair price, you should be fine! Also you MIGHT get some action on your cheaper items (That everyone else has already bought...) as the West Coast locals get to see it for the first time.

And don't forget there is a huge Home Haunter population in CA, they might be a market that buys the less expensive items.

So I think, AS ALWAYS, if you have good, fairly priced NEW items, and 2007 was a strong year for Haunters across the board - You should do great.

But if haunters have already seen your line, and there are not many changes and have bought it or not already, your fate will lie in new buyers, and Vegas might do better for you than Chicago in that reguard anyway.

We are going, that is for sure!

Thanks

Ben
        NETHERWORLD
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Hi Jason,

The entire Bad Boys Crew will be attending TW, we will be there for an entire week (yikes).

I have heard several different stories about the convention as well, but I also think that Ben hit the nail on the head with his reply. I think the vendors will have access to a lot of new faces and buyers for the show. Bottom line is I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for how this show will turn out, only time will tell.

I am looking forward to all of the new products that will debut at every convention that we are attending this year.

I hope we see our Screamline Brothers and Sisters in Vegas!

Take care,

Tattoo

P.S. Rob we hope to see you all there as well!
          Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

"We're doomed!"

OK Dr Smith...
            Simple enough, INVITE YOUR CUSTOMERS!
            Word of mouth will only go so far.

But I have a mailing list of 8000 customers, who are being informed about the venue change.
            And being offered invites to attend...

You know many of these folks will speak to other folks they know and those folks will aski about invites.

I have already had a dozen invite requests, and havent even sent out my list yet.

Business is what you make of it, be proactive.

Only then if attendance sucks can you whine about it.
            GoryCorey
            See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

As a buyer I can tell you I will be there, credit card in hand. 2007 was a good year for me and I am looking at expanding to a multi attraction haunt in 2008! I can not risk wating to the other conventions to buy at as I am pretty sure that the MOST vendors will be at Transworld.

The only real expense for someone going this year will be the cost of the travel. I mean no matter if its Vegas or Chicago, the cost for a room is the same. Now airplane filghts ARE around $500 (except if you are me $10.00 cause I traded in some points!)

I agree with Ben, thhere might be an influx of new people from the west cost that never went to TW cause they were so far away from Chicago. There will be a number of people from Chi that wont go because of the 35 hour drive or the $500 plane ticket.

A few concerns that I would have as a vendor and that concern me as a buyer? What will the overall attendence be because of the convention taking place on a Sunday-Wed? This, to me, was the most idiotic move TW made. I am sure they did that cause hotels are so expensive on the weekends, but moving the dates might have been the nail in the coffin. Because of my profession, it is no big deal to take off whenever I want, but for many people the dates will mean having to take off of work to attend. I see many people flying in Saturday, hitting the floor hard on Sunday and Monday and leaving on Tuesday, leaving Tuesday and Wed as a "I am Legend" looking sales floor.

I am also concerned with the over all PARTY atmosphere that many have grown to love and look forward to. Wil haunters want to party on a Sun or Monday? Will we know where everyone will be partying at?

I guess we have no choice but to show up and see. Its Vegas baby. Its a crapshoot!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

as a home haunter and a new business under way or in the works i was only going originaly for the lookylo of the both presentation and products and hopefully to talk to a few. but then i chose to pay the mortgage up through April so i will be going heavy wlleted and jsut may buy a thng or two well sometimes i just go crazy.

i think the home haunt industry is something alot of individuals over look and have to say i have heard nothing but good rave from the haome haunters wanting to attend and to see first hand.

it is becoming a crayz if you will for the home haunter to put on a show not just through a few pumpkins out in the yard and a tomb tone or two but to put on a show and to take off twenty or thirty years and dress up and haunt those little kidies.

for me i want a pro haunt i want a big exceptional pro hauntone that will compete for the free advertising market and that others will help sell for me like many of you do here giveing your kudos for a well created idea.

but the market got me scared right now and i have decided to persue the other avenue of products not a big line but just a few more detailed products and up untill i had read an email from Larry about chosing to buy a prop as oposed to make one due to time labor and cost and ease i was not real positive but was gooing to do it any ways.

i have been trying to figure out how to sell the product to the haunt house industry owners and still be able to create a similar product more cost effective for the home haunt market. i think i have it down. but every time i think it cost me money.

i figured if i can start up the business and then get the facility to use for design and build out then i can start desging the haunt later and use the facility.

so to sum i think you will all be surprised at the # of attendees that are new and eager to buy the smaller stuff and i thnk that you will all benefit from this move.

i hope to see you there and i hope that you have that thing i realy am not looking for but just must have nay way.

damn glad im single cause i would probably be getting devorced after the show.

enjoy all sorry for the run.
                The Care Taker
                John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

traditionally transworld has been one of the biggest shows of the year for us and for just about everyone else also...here are a few thoughts i would like to throw out there...
                  i think it has become apparent that transworld as a whole doesnt give a rats pucker about us...they have moved the show from the midwest (an area known for the haunt industry) to las vegas, and changed the show dates to make it during the week...that knocks out a ton of actors/actresses and enthusiasts. both because of the time and the money it takes to travel there. how many haunters can afford to make the trip, and take that time off of work? true, there may be a lot of new people, and hope there are.
                  from a venders point of view, the cost to us has increased considerably...for many of the same reasons that some people will not be able to attend...airline travel, food and drinks (beer lots of beer), and taking time off of work. not to mention the booth prices went up.
                  on a positive note though...we arent here for transworld...we are here to provide high quality props and services to the industry as a whole...that would be you, the reader...you are the ones that keep us in business, you are the ones we party with and you are the ones we go to the shows to see...so we will be there (ok...i wont be there personally) with smiles on our faces to greet you all and show you what we have new for the 2008 year...to have great times with old friends and new aquaintences....and remember, this is just the first show of the year...there will be more, so i think we should just take things in stride, and get the tools and the knowledge to do what we do best...SCARE PEOPLE SILLY

maddi
                  WWW.SCREAMLINESTUDIOS.COM
                  440-392-2666

Comment

I had my plane ticket for Vegas and was sitting right behind Dirk until he posted that was planning a "Crapshoot!'
                    I cancelled.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We will be there, but jason and maddii already knew that.

It's a huge hit to the check book to go out there vs going to chicago, but hopefully it will be worth it.
                      Brian Warner
                      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

We don't really know why Transworld decided to move to Vegas.
                        But Transworld is a business and business is supposed to be about making money.
                        So, I am sure the reason for the move has to do with only a couple things.
                        I think they probably lost their space in chicago and thought since this has happened lets try to make the best of it.
                        Move it to Vegas because it is the biggest convention venue anywhere.
                        I am sure they were trying to make the best of a bad situation.

And I am sure it is during the week becuase those were the only dates they could get.
                        I am not worried. It is always the same regardless.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

We'll be there, bought tickets last week, fortunately Denver to Vegas is always pretty cheap. Surprised to hear it's 500 from the midwest, you'd think Chicago to Vegas would be a pretty cheap route.

A few of our staff who haven't been before are coming, since it's Vegas. I assume this will be the norm for a lot of haunters. I've commented on this in another thread, but the serious buyers and business people will be there regardless of where it's held. As others have said, I too would expect sales to be made earlier in the show, as people have things to do in Vegas.
                          Chris Stafford
                          1331 Entertainment Group
                          Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                          13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                          13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Ben i do agree there are many home haunters in the west, however transworld like in the past does not want them there??Am i being negetive,i guess? but not intentionally, i do know that i look forward to meeting new people and seeing old friends, but to me the move to vegas and the change of show dates is not a very good thing . Do i want the people to buy lots of products SURE however even the people who buy ten dollars worth of product from us still means something to me i guess i am venting never mind.

Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS
                            Last edited by screamline studios; 01-27-2008, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I will not be attending! $$$ -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X