No announcement yet.

OK everyone who is in and who is out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am all for a buyer-seller show without the distractions. $50.00 entry fee is good idea especially if you are going to get all of the seminars. I believe this will help everyone. If the booth fees and all the costs for vendors are cheaper than Transworld's fees and costs, then we will probably start seeing all kinds of new vendors. I think the idea of our own show in the Late Feb-Early Mar is going to be great for our industry. It will be exciting to see what happens!
    Jared Layman

Comment

• I also agree that something should be put together. While I still think other shows such as TW, MHC, HauntCon, and EHC, all work to some extent to better the industry, I think that sometime down the road things won't be so pleasant.

-Garry Richwine Jr.
      My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

• Hearing about st.louis, sin city, chicago, just makes me kind of wonder if transworld is in a way homeless???to break the show apart at this moment is a bad thing!!! why as a vendor do you want a new show when WE have MHC?? and when you add transworlds name to it you think union, and at that point as a vendor you think here we go again another asshole trying to get there fingers in my pie, i am sorry if i sound negetive but after tens of thousands of dollars paying for booths or the $800.00 FEE moving a pallet or two 300ft over and over again you just get sick of it.. what about me or you , i know i could have used a mini vacation with my family, camping with them would be fun, but instead we as vendors pay for it all!!!! fuck this... i am out.

just some asshole

Jason Blaszczak
        SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

P.S i understand that money going out is part of business but were in the mix does it say that you should give people that do nothing a nice chunk of your change so they can pay for people sitting on a towmower most of the time chatting with there friends, as the mexicans do all the shit work (at a reduced rate i am sure). to me this is wrong and will aways be wrong.. So until next time save up those dollars boys and girls i heard through the grape vine that the big wigs at transworld need a new suit...WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR get those deposits in for your booth already.
        Last edited by screamline studios; 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• I think Jason must have sat on a crooked pickle.

Can't say I blame him though, I deal with the Business end of doing these trade shows with Transworld and it is very expensive, but I guess that is why we live in America, if we don't like, we should stop going and go somewhere else or spend our budget on other things, but the fact is as long as there is good attendance and it is the main show you have to take your rape-ings to stay in business.

We're just small fry in this big industry and along for the ride with the hope that someday with hard work we can be successful enough to be the big fish.

Are you in it to win it?

See you all at MHC! My Favorite Convention!
          Steve Martini
          Screamline Studios
          www.screamlinestudios.com
          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

• Were you drinking toast on that Ravin grinn airlines Jim with Dirk? Ha Ha!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

• Hey Jim is it too late for me to submit my story for your e-book I told you it might be Christmas before I got it done! Sorry! If not I will email it to you just tell me what your email is again.
              Thanks,
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

• "this needs to simply be a buyers seller show with THE BEST EDUCATION for professional haunted house owners and operators."

And who decides on THE BEST?

I think that is even more difficult than deciding upon elite players for a reality show about haunters.
                Just because someone is a "successful" haunter does not mean they will be a successful presenter and provide the information in a way to educate other haunters. If this show is anything like TW, then the seminars are not cheap and I don't think anyone wants to pay that kind of money for a seminar from someone who may make more money haunting, but can't really present the info to help others as well.

I do not argue the point of a buyer/seller show because at the moment, I am neither, but I continue to maintain that if you leave actors and make-up artists out of the equation (seminars, etc) you are leaving out a VERY IMPORTANT part of what makes haunted houses "SUCCESSFUL".

Also, a whole show for PROFESSIONAL haunt owners and operators
                Who is defining that particular genre as well?
                Beth Miller

SoMetHinG WiCKed ThIS WAy CoMEs

What can we teach you about fear?

Comment

• I am curious how the "Early Show" will play out in January. From the standpoint of a buyer/seller, it is necessary for us to attend a major halloween related tradeshow in order to place orders with a wide varierty of vendors from across the haunt and halloween genre. While I love MHC for all the amazing events, seminars, and contests, it does not fil lthe same void as Transworld. Yes there are some great vendors at MHC, but it doesn't have the non-haunt vendors that TW has (such as Leg Avenue, Pleaser, etc).

I would love to see either TW move to a location other than Vegas, or a new Tradeshow appear that caters more to the buyers and sellers in the industry. While I agree that actors and makeup artists make up a huge part, I feel that they are more catered to by conventions (liek Hauntcon and MHC).
                  Katie Lane
                  Partner/VP
                  Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                  sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
                  X