Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone planning to attend Hauntcon 2008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone planning to attend Hauntcon 2008?

I am going for sure!It will be my first convention and it,s just a 7 hour drive for me.Can anyone reccommend a good motel near the Crown Plaza Hotel...that one is way out of my budget.
    Are you planning to attend the ball? If so,how do you plan to dress?
    Since this is my first convention,is there any thing I might need to know in advance?
    I look forward to meeting all of you!!

My wife and I will be attending, this will be our 4th hauntcon. We love it. The best part is when you first walk into the convention and realize that everybody else around you is just as obsessed about halloween and haunting as you are! Make sure to go to as many seminars as possible, even if it doesn't sound like a topic you are interested in (you never know what you might learn). Also try to go to as many of the tours as you can, as they are where you really can pick up some interesting ideas (seeing haunts outside of your market is a great experience). Hope to see you there.
    Bill C. Schnell
    Dark Son Productions
    NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
    www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

I would love to go myself to see House of Shock and 13th Gate and I have been invited down personally by both owners. But I myself just can't make it. We'll be installing Kennywood's Ghostwood Estate Dark Ride towards the end of April or I should say all of April. I'm sure everyone who attends will have a great time.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I couldn't resist the pre-show tour with the House of Shock and 13th Gate. The House of Shock is definitely on my short list of must see haunts (the other big one I haven't had a chance to see yet is Netherworld, I might just have to fly down just to see it).
        Bill C. Schnell
        Dark Son Productions
        www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

Ya know Bill I would like to attend Haunt Con myself. Even this year with the great haunts and all. But with it being in April theres one show that always beats them to the punch. I shouldnt have to say everyone knows and goes to the biggest Haunt Show on Earth Transworld. Leonard said once he would bring his show to Kansas City actually i believe it was gonna be for his 2nd time around for Hauntcon and he backed out. Claiming no haunts would open for him. I told him I found that hard to believe. And I told him why didnt you go to St. Louis Larry would probably been glad to open his haunts for him. And he told me that he wouldnt either. I find that very hard to believe too. Im really surprised Leonard didnt invade the Chicago area! Like last weekend when the big Fango show was going on.?! Hmmm maybe next huh Leonard? Theres always next year! LOL! You know this guy can take his so called Godfather of Haunting B.S and shove it right along with his 40 vendor so called convention! Personally I think the guy is a hack & a Con! Hmmm Haunt Con?! Am I on to something! LOL! Sorry Im a pickle hater i guess!
          Just my 2 cents.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I do my best to stay out of the politics of the situation you are refering to. I think that there is plenty of space for 2 haunted attraction conventions (and 2 magazines as well). I know that hauntcon is much smaller than transworld, however, it is cheaper (last time I checked anyway). Hauntcon also is only focused on haunted attractions, while transworld seems to see the haunt portion as a side show (my impression anyway). I think that if possible, a haunt owner (or hopeful haunt owner) should attend both conventions. Both offer great seminars (which I think is the best reason to attend, I can order props online), and both offer a good opportunity to network. I was hoping that hauntcon would come to KC or St. Louis as well, that would be great (and way cheaper for locals like us). But, I think that what you hinted at is correct, I don't think that it will ever be in MO due to the political "issues."
            Bill C. Schnell
            Dark Son Productions
            www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa53 View Post
              I am going for sure!It will be my first convention and it,s just a 7 hour drive for me.Can anyone reccommend a good motel near the Crown Plaza Hotel...that one is way out of my budget.
              Are you planning to attend the ball? If so,how do you plan to dress?
              Since this is my first convention,is there any thing I might need to know in advance?
              I look forward to meeting all of you!!

My wife and I are staying downtown at the El Cortez, it,s on freemont st. It's like 55 .00 per night and I think Tues nights are free if you book through thier site. get a tower room, the others are kind of smoky. nothing fancy just clean and very friendly staff. Big rooms. stayed there last year. It's of the strip, if you don't need the glitz and glamour.
              Whoa.........that was spooky!:twisted::evil::shock:

Comment

MrSkeleton.com will attend HauntCon 2008

Hi all,

MrSkeleton.com, one of the two new Bucky's Boneyard suppliers will be attending Hauntcon this year. We're excited to be able to re-introduce the Haunt community to the Bucky line of products and Hauntcon will be our trade show debut.

For more information about the Bucky Suppliers, check out see this article from The Ravens Barrow

Be sure to stop by our booth and introduce yourself.
                jeff Nix @ MrSkeleton.com

BELOW - one of our aged Bucky torso models!

Jeff Nix
                www.MrSkeleton.com
                The Boneyards best Props and Accessories
                678-776-8861
                jeff@mrskeleton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Schnell View Post
                  I do my best to stay out of the politics of the situation you are refering to. I think that there is plenty of space for 2 haunted attraction conventions (and 2 magazines as well). I know that hauntcon is much smaller than transworld, however, it is cheaper (last time I checked anyway). Hauntcon also is only focused on haunted attractions, while transworld seems to see the haunt portion as a side show (my impression anyway). I think that if possible, a haunt owner (or hopeful haunt owner) should attend both conventions. Both offer great seminars (which I think is the best reason to attend, I can order props online), and both offer a good opportunity to network. I was hoping that hauntcon would come to KC or St. Louis as well, that would be great (and way cheaper for locals like us). But, I think that what you hinted at is correct, I don't think that it will ever be in MO due to the political "issues."
                  I have sought to differentiate between the two shows and have concluded as Bill has related in the quite above, that the two shows are different in the aspect that HC is aimed at and for the haunt industry specifically, ( business and individuals) not as a sub-plot to a larger format as provided by TW.
                  Also, where TW tends to be more exclusive to the trades and industry dealers, HAuNTcon serves both constituencies.

In my research, I have found the HAuNTcon press release page to be informative about the goals and objectives of the show.

Also, here is a link to an online forum about HAuNTcon.

Refards, Jeff Nix @ MrSkeleton.com

MrSkeleton is your world class resource for the extended line of Bucky skeletal components providing affordable, anatomically accurate reproduction models and accessories to the professional haunters industry, studio prop craftsmen trade, professional prop houses, catalog & online web retailers, and theme, entertainment and amusement parks. www.MrSkeleton.com
                  Last edited by mrskeleton; 03-16-2008, 11:55 AM.
                  Jeff Nix
                  www.MrSkeleton.com
                  The Boneyards best Props and Accessories
                  678-776-8861
                  jeff@mrskeleton.com

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to attend just the pre-show tour in Baton Rouge and New Orleans? Would love to make it to the convention... but bad timing. But we're wondering if we can pay whatever a fee would be to go to the tour of 13th Gate and such. Anyone know?
                    Michael Inks
                    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
                    www.geistentertainment.com
                    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Not sure on that one, I would email the hauntcon website and see if that is possible.
                      Bill C. Schnell
                      Dark Son Productions
                      www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

if it's anything like the Hauntshow in Vegas - I'm there.
                        Great stuff - unbelievable.

Pretendman
                        Halloween Costumes
                        Silicone Masks

Comment

Working...
                        X