Feb. One, My Phone Went Ringing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb. One, My Phone Went Ringing!

And Ringing and ringing numerous times in a few minutes, all wanting to know if I was open tonight? YES!
    The callers didn't all show up but enough did to make it alot of fun and be over a $300. oo night for us!!
    This winter it has snowed, stormed , iced almost every weekend , all December, all January!= almost no business. Very unusual.
    Of course having a theatrical, storytelling sort of a show here might have also persuaded some of those to arrive, some were frequent patrons and brought new people and we had a lot of fun with the give and take back and forth silliness and minor "sport" insulting which probably continued for at least an hour in the first room.
    Yes, my house show is a little different, isn't it?
    Maybe it's that vortex of energies coming at us from the east and the west coasts all getting snarled up in the Missisippii River valley?
    maybe it's just ...me
    hauntedravensgrin.com

I'm starting to wonder

If the cosmic economic energies aren't based on two major indicators.

When a starlet is in rehab or a psyco ward or pregnant, things are pretty good.

When the media only has how crappy the economy could be things get bad, people hold onto their wallets in fear.

I'm seeing an over all trend in when all the quarter earnings and why announcements (usually bad) slow the economy. Then it takes weeks to rebound, people forget and spend anyway.

Halloween might not be far enough into the 4th quarter to get people to forget and spend anyhow?

Is anyone doing a haunted house and Thanksgiving Attraction?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"A Haunted House" Thanksgiving?
      You can bet it would probably be a turkey! (I smell it cooking now!)
      New competition, you have 30 minutes to use Bloody Mary's Make Up kit to transform Rex Hamilton into a turkey, a spooky zombie turkey, huge Waddle! Big enough to knock people unconscious when it swings from side to side! Maybe some spike-piercings in that waddle too for extra nasti-meaness?
      "Let's go the Haunted Turkey House this Thanksgiving, I hear they are giving away free turkey nibblets to the first 50 customers!"
      "Here's your ticket, just step around the corner and your experience begins."
      "Thanks.'
      "GOBBLE YOU!" Says the 7 foot tall fully-feathered Turkey Monster from Hell!
      "I'm ripping YOUR legs and arms off and chewing on THEM!"
      "Save the giblets for me!" Said Baby Zombie Turkey from Hell appearing beside Dad.
      Then the customer notices the human skull impaled on the big Turkey's beak!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanksgiving

The Ghost Ship Mayflower comes unmanned into port at speed and crashes into the rocks. Zombie pilgrims fighting with werewold indians throwing corn at each other.

Rooms where you walk through creamed corn and have cranberry sauce jiggled at you.

Reenactment of insults and family dinner table arguements. You go by grandma who is bitching how she has been shopping and cooking for 3 days so everyone can just sit there and treat her like a slave, no thanks at all.

The room of dirty dishes.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanksgiving

The Horrors of Lubie's Restaurant where a big fat guy is giving you a piece of turkey on a mount of stuffing sliced as thin as paper and telling you it is an ample portion of white meat.

The smoked turkey people trying to get you to consume turkey that smells like it was cooked in a mobile home fire.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X