No announcement yet.

Elections, Economy, Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destination resort spending would suffer but local spending would increase. Marketing local is smart, especially if you can stress that, such as a promotion based on local zip codes (Disneyland used to do that, give a ticket pricing cut based on being local).
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Larry,

I must respectfully dissagree... Bush has done NOTHING good for our economy. When Bush came into office we had:

-A $2 Trillion debt, that's now up close to $9 Trillion.
      -Inflation
      -Ever falling dollar
      -Rise in un-employment (small rise, but .5% is something like 250,000 jobs!)

and worst of all...

-OVER SPENDING AND BIG GOVERNMENT!!!

Right now we sit on a 6-7 TRILLION dollar debt to China alone. We are borrowing nearly 1.5-2 billion dollars A DAY from China to pay for the War in Iraq. Our government is also overspending our tax dollars... let me explain:

-First we pay to blow up bridges in Iraq... then pay MORE to build them up again... all the while our own bridges are falling down!!!

-We currently occupy 138 countries including: Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Korea, Russia, Cuba... etc. etc. Studies have PROVEN that if we brought home EVERY SOLDIER from EVER COUNTRY we would save close to $2 TRILLION dollars a year! Yet, we are currently building 3 bases in Iraq that are bigger than the Vatican!

-We are overtaxed, and you believe we are getting "tax cuts". Here is a very short list of the most common taxes we pay: City/State/Fed., Social Security, Gas, Property, Sales, Tips, Inflation Tax, School, Utilities and most UNCONSTITUTIONAL... an INCOME TAX!!!

I have a challenge for anyone on this board... SHOW ME A LAW REQUIRING AN AMERICAN TO PAY A TAX ON THEIR INCOME! If you can I will give you $100! I'm dead serious!

And I bet you won't be able to because there IS NO LAW that says you MUST pay a tax on your income... and people thing we're getting a "tax cut"... whatever! Bush's new "tax plan" will only HURT our economy more. Sure, some extra cash is good, but it won't help. The problem is not that Americans DON'T have money, it's just that our government is SPENDING money we don't have!

Most likely people will get their "check" from the government and go buy something cool and nice that they've always wanted. Sure ok... but most likely they will buy something made in China... which is lending us money to pay for Iraq... so our money, going to China, will be sent right back to us as new debt! Clear as mud right? Odds show that you have a 70% chance of buying something from China than anywhere else! So in reality and the way the economy works, this "tax cut/rebate" will only hurt us MORE!

Thank god I took a political science and a economics class! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Was it over 100 years ago that everyone agreed that there were only two economists alive who really understood finances? ..and they disagreed?
        Almost any calamity of money always creates opportunity for someone else.
        Just as the cave man had to hunt everyday, certain hunting grounds wither and new ones have to be found.
        Kurt Vonnegut(sp?) said something like: "Humanity is like an iceberg of meat, eating and destroying everything in it's path."
        We can't toally blame Bush.
        Other voices tell him what to do , now whether those voices belong to some very wealthy, controlling people or belong to little green worms inside of his head, we have yet to determine.
        (Maybe very wealthy, little green head-worms?)

"Autopsy! Autopsy! Can I get an autopsy over here?"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I didn't start this post to stir up a political can of worms, so in an effort to bring it back on point, I think Randy is really the only one who answered some of the orginal questions. Not to discount the discussion, which has been interesting, but perhaps a new topic "Haunters Political Views", that one should get some action!

So here are the original questions again.

"So, the reason for this post is to propose three questions that may give haunters some assistance as they plan for 2008.

First, what impact do you think the economy will have on attendance this year?

Second, what are you planning to do with your advertising this year, in light of the political environment? Advertise more? less? the same? differently?

And, last, how has your attendance typically been in a general election year?"

Randy, thanks for the feedback, I agree with you on securing your advertising well in advance this year. How has your attendance typically been in an election year, have you noticed any trends?

Chris
          Chris Stafford
          1331 Entertainment Group
          Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
          13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
          13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

As if the elections aren't scary enough!!!!!
            I think you have to remember that a lot of the target audience for haunted houses are teenagers or college age kids who's mommies and daddies are worrying about the economy for them. The kid's still have money to spend at local haunts because daddy's visa card pays for the gasoline in the $30,000 vehicle they got for a graduation gift.

Comment

The headline this morning is about stores in New York taking "Euros" instead of dollars......any hints as to what this may mean?
              Those New York stores are so lucky, I'll probably be forced to take bushels of corn and first-born.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X