Need Feedback On These 3 Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Feedback On These 3 Companies

Anyone ever dealt with any of these three companies.

I’d like to know if the good and bad (if any) on them.

http://www.wists.com/

http://www.halloweenasylum.com/

http://www.eurekascreams.com/
    A friend will help you move but a real friend will help you move a body!

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to be wrong about the facts & without the facts, your opinion is of no value.

Well I for one can vouch for EurekaScreams and Im sure anyone else that responds to this will follow suit. Have to say that you have a interesting selection and quite a variety in your request.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Eurkea Screams that is just a guy who runs a haunted house, he's not a vendor. I don't know why you would want info on him. I've never heard of the other two. I you looking for info on vendors or what? What are you doing?

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I can't even figure out what the first one is.

Second one just looks like a standard costume reseller. Never dealt with them.

Eureka Screams is Kelly Allen, and I belive the only thing he sells is his "So you want to be a hauntreprenuar" book, which is a great book.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Kelly sells a good book, I will vouch for him as well. Since he has product to sell on a regular basis with stock, that indeed does make him a vendor.

No idea on the first two either.
          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Tony,

That is an interesting comment. If you'd call Kelly a vendor because he has a book, then you'd have to say junk stores that sell old furniture or Home Depot vendors as well. My idea of a vendor is someone who supplies something to the industry that influences how we build our haunts, what we design our haunts around, and has a huge influence over the industry. I don't consider that a real vendor, just the same as someone who only makes a video a vendor. I guess if you sell something to the industry I guess you're a vendor, so that would include Home Depot then and people who sell fabric, or the company that sells chainsaws...lol. Is the much talked about SpookyPlanet a vendor? Where do you draw the line. I guess you can make a case either way.

The three companies this guy listed I don't consider vendors to the industry. I don't understand the purpose of the post at all. These three companies are not vendors to this industry, so I'm confused as to why someone would ask about them. the only thing I'm thinking at this point is that it was a spam post to promote that website that is unrelated to the Halloween or anything.

Who knows. Maybe he will explain.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Look elsewhere

There are other companies (including some of the people right here on this board) with better prices than halloweenasylum.

Comment

Larry: Good point there and I would agree about possibly being a spam post. They get a tad tiring.

I do think a vendor would be someone with a continuing product and stock of it for sale, be it through themselves or through a distributor. I have my Dark Matter CD which I have a stock and sell via distributors. I do not know if Kelly has a set of distributors for his book but he does have a run of stock for sale.

This would differ from someone selling a one time item such as a haunt or hearse on here or Ebay. If they had several or a stock of similar or related items such as more props made specifically for selling or several haunts for sale as a broker, I would call them a vendor. Someone selling a single haunt I would not call a vendor.

The same would apply to junk. Cleaning out the attic, not a vendor. Junkyard that buys/sells, vendor.

Some vendors begin with a single stock item and expand. Take a look at Midnight Syndicate or Virgil for example. Both have a variety of CDs and stock of them for sale on a continuing basis would be vendors. you start and go from there.

nother example from me: I have a clown dunk tank for sale on here. Single personal item. Not a vendor. Dark Matter CD: stock for sale. Vendor. Upcoming musical output and future projects output: vendor.

YMMV, of course.

Comment

ah, and for a junk dealer with stock and Home Depot, I would consider as vendor. They have a stock of different building supplies which we use for our haunts.

Your stock for HPI would be from book and video materials for education to low and high end props all the way to full turn key haunts. You have stock of each item. Not different from the above vendor examples. Just haunt oriented items.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

The three companies this guy listed I don't consider vendors to the industry. I don't understand the purpose of the post at all. These three companies are not vendors to this industry, so I'm confused as to why someone would ask about them. the only thing I'm thinking at this point is that it was a spam post to promote that website that is unrelated to the Halloween or anything.

Who knows. Maybe he will explain.

Larry
                    Came across an interesting leatherface type flesh apron for sale at these three websites while comparing prices.

Before I place an order with a company I've never dealt with I want to know if anyone ever got burned by any of them.

These places happened to have the item priced the lowest compared to most.

Too many companies have come and gone by the wayside the last 10 years it makes my a bit gun shy when I want to order something without talking to the folks on these boards that have already dealt with these vendors.

And Larry for the record I've never spammed this board or any other board either.

Here are the 3 pages I looked at:

http://www.wists.com/everyone/8dbbad...fa180998afa516

http://www.halloweenasylum.com/index...PROD&ProdID=24

http://www.eurekascreams.com/halloween/apron.shtml

Really didn't want to go into any details that's why I kept it short, oops my bad if it made people think I was spamming.

If they are venders or not is not my argument, I know what they claim to be selling which is something I can use at the haunt that I operate The Haunted Forest Of Carousel.

I’m just trying to find out more about these online sellers.
                    Last edited by Lord Ogre; 02-04-2008, 06:55 PM. Reason: Added more explanation
                    A friend will help you move but a real friend will help you move a body!

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to be wrong about the facts & without the facts, your opinion is of no value.

Comment

I would be happy to give Kelly from Eureka a testimonial. I have known Kel since 2003 and think he is a good person and I would trust him.....
                      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

The Wists link seems to actually originate from Gorestore. Webmaster is Chad Savage. His name is known in the industry. Sinister Visions.

Comment

Ahhh I see...

I didn't know Kelly put up a little online store on his website. I don't think he makes those things but I guess he's reselling someone else products. I'm sure if you ordered it from him he would ship it to you, I wouldn't have any doubt about that. It seems like a person who would ship you whatever you ordered.

I'm not sure what product you're intersted in buying from him. Are you looking for reviews or just making sure they don't screw you? I've never heard of the other two sellers, although the other one is also just some resell it shop. Many people have had really bad experiences with those resell shops because they don't make the product, so they have to order the product, get in then send it to you or have them drop ship to you. Sometimes that takes a while.

Some of those haven't shipped at all...

So be carefull.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Agreed. Webmaster name is known but no idea of who is behind Gorestore. That gives me pause, personally. I prefer a store to have an address and names behind it.

Some resellers are well known and their names are common. For example, Gore Galore, Kevin makes his own things and resells some items. A lot of people in the industry know him as trustworthy and honest.

Larry, you also resell the Kevin McCurdy videos as well as your own line. Full contact and everyone knows who you are. I also consider you trustworthy in your vendor dealings. Always had good experience over the years.

Comment

I ordered from Kely shiped next day or so the email says!!

no problems though
                              The Care Taker
                              John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
                              X