Help! Cleaning latex mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Cleaning latex mess

Today we had a get together with my actors and one of thm spilled liquid latex on hid black jeans. Any ideas on how he can clean up the mess?
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Well, I'm sure this info comes WAY to late...but the first thing I would say is DO NOT rub it in! Just let it sit there and dry without disturbing it. If it dries without getting into the fibers too much, you might be able to just peel it off. If that fails...or if it got rubbed in...the only thing I can say to try is washing them several times on very high heat and see if that loosens the bond at all. I'm afraid they might be latexed forever. Sorry.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Comment

His girlfriend will take one look at that glob of latex on his jeans and know that he's really ready for some action!
      Sounds like an accidental new fashion, soon to be Very popular!
      Patent it quick!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

LOL Dirk, as I sit here and look down at what were just a week ago NEW black jeans , are now my Latex jeans along with about 34784 other pair.
        Seems as though no matter how careful you are if you work with latex you are going to get it on your clothes......... so tell him to look at the brightside, he know has a brandnew pair of WORKJEANS.
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Your probably screwed but...,

If the latex isn't to dried or has been through the wash you can use Green Soap to soften it and then proceed to the baddy solvents such as toluene or sometimes called toluol. Green soap is sold in Pharmacies, it can be used as a mold release agent and when a brush is dipped into it, you can wash the latex out and actaually use it more than once!
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

A sharp pocket knife will help. But it may take the first layer of material off as well. Trust me Ive done this it worked to save a pair of jeans I got on working on repairing masks. Jim Im sure that isnt latex on your pants! LOL!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

It just came to me that this would be a great contest at TW or Midwest Haunters, I soiled my pants ( with latex) and can't get it out! Everyone brings their worst pair of rubberized trousers, the worst one wins!
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Working...
              X