Biggest Complaint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Complaint?

What is the commonist or biggest complaint that you all hear from customers about your haunted house?
    What is the commonist complaint your customers have about "Other " haunted houses?
    Since I raised the question I wil wait til further down to post mine, not wanting to influence undully....
    Go For It!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Our biggest complaint is that they wish the haunt could last longer or be a lttle bigger.

Complaint about other haunts is that they are not scary.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

People will complain about the admission price ($12.oo) then they pay it , go through and have a great time!? Then they forget about the bitch they thought they had. Then I hear their complaints about other houses "Too long a wait for too little entertainment" usually.
      sometimes they tell me about some nasty stuff happening to them in a haunt, usually years before they see mine but the incident must have really negatively impressed them! Unfortunately.
      It makes me sad when I hear about the customer's lack of satisfaction in a haunt because I know (as most of us do) how much plain old "Work" is required just to attempt to get something built and up and running.
      Maybe some just don't know how to be entertaining or scary or maybe they are just too tired from building the place to run it with enough good energy?
      Either way it's sad.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My 2 cents worth on the subject is this:
        First you will never please everyone of your guests.

Admission price = guests time perception.

Whether its a : if it only lasts a very brief time and is a walk(run) through type of haunted event, normally the guests feel it was inadquate amount of time for the big dollar admission.

As to not being scary enough...maybe it was lacking imagination and was perhaps the same ole same ole senerio that many haunts present.

What happens is that too many haunt owners give the guests what they believe the guests want to see...not what the guests really want.

Maybe its because the actors are not trained to be scareactors..they are just haunt actors.

The amount of time that goes into a show is unbelievable each season, especially if you change it out each season. But it does give the guests what they want.
        Something new...something different...something exciting. A reason to come back.

A new legend, a new theme. NEW fun.

Like I said, just my 2 cents tossed into the matter.
        Sandy

www.thehorrorteller.com
        www.scarecrowvillage.com
        info@thehorrorteller.com

Comment

Biggest complaint: Too long of line.

When we start hearing this we try to send them throug faster without losing the quality of the show.

Biggest complaint of other haunts: too long of wait, too pricy, not scary enough.

I guess its just part of our business. you could have a 45 min haunt with a ten min wait to get in and the scariest props and best actors and someone will still bitch.

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Biggest complaint

This question needs to be answered in two parts.

First, the teenage boys are the toughest critics. They will claim the haunt sucked, lame, not worth the money, etc.... But mosst of the time, if some one has observed these guys by either following them, cameras, or talking to staff later, it is nearly always the case that they had in fact been scared or entertained. The mach o image they try to portray is what causes them to say stuff like that.

Second part: We always hope that NONE of our customers have ever been to, heard of, or seen any reviews for the Raven's Grin Inn in Mount Carrol, Illinois. That place is so much in its own class that we fear ever being compared to them, him, Mr Tuxedo, or whoever is responsible for the place.
            We have been there three times. The second time with some family, who agree with us. The third time, with friends that we thought we might not make it out of the place with, and the first time with a bunch of other haunters, who all sighed collectively after getting back on the bus. They all were heard to say, "wwwhhoooooaaaaaaa!!!!!" and "Did you eat the cookies that guy handed out on the ride down? That is the guy who hosted the tour. Do you think the cookies were really baked my his mother? I hope there was nothing in those cookies, ....."

A Raven's Grin Inn Fan!!!

Brett Molitor - JamBam/Huntington Jaycees Haunted Hotel-13th Floor
            www.HauntedHuntington.com
            www.MySpace.com/the_haunted_hotel
            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Our biggest complaint is the wait time to get in. It can be several hours. We wont compromise the quality of our show just to get them in faster. We do the best we can.

We have some pretty good haunts that have been around for awhile in our area so the complaints are pretty minimal. Once in a while someone will try to come in and do a less than quality show with a big media push and they usually charge too much. They get a lot of one-timers. The biggest complaint about them is that they are priced too high, the lack of scares, length being too short and perhaps the most devastating is that they lacked uniqueness.

Hope this helps.

Wayne
              www.trailofterror.com

Comment

I would tell people that if they wanted to go through my house and wanted to wait for as long as it took for their ticket to come up, that no matter what time it got to be, that I would still take them through......It is VERY difficult to entertain people at 6:30 AM after they have been waiting to get in since 10:30?
                I sure don't do this anymore, mostly because I don't want to be the "Lone Ranger" after 2:30 am when our Police department goes home and goes to bed. (usually)
                The tours only took about 30 minutes at that time but I was a one-man show, selling the tickets, doing the tour, resetting the house, then doing it all over again, ad infinitum.

Thanks Brett you made my day! hahahaha!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What is the most common or biggest complaint that you all hear from customers about your haunted house?

The biggest complaint I've heard (from fellow students back in high school) is our admission price of......$10! Ah, I can see their dilemma. How will they ever pay for food and gas since our price of admission has skyrocketed!?

I really don't see how $10 is too much to ask for. I've had people walk up to me and say, "Hey, you work in that haunted house right? Can you get me in for free?" "It only costs $10 to get in. I don't see why..." "Come on, man. I'll come if it's free." "Do I know you? It really doesn't matter to me if you come see the place or not, but if you want to get in, you'll have to pay like everybody else." "FINE! I bet it sucks anyways!"

What is the most common complaint your customers have about "Other " haunted houses?

I've heard people say that our competitor, "Was not scary", "laughable (two words: trash bags)" and "stole our idea (the asylum theme)". I haven't been to the haunt myself so I don't know to what degree these claims go. It was later closed down due to saftey issues concerning their maze. However when the news hit the paper, the article explaining why it was closed down said it was, "Too scary" and "Too long". Right.

Comment

When a punk said my house was not worth him paying me to see it, I asked him if he had ever been in it ?
                    "No."
                    "Well then, how do you know what it is worth?"

Suppose I built the only Cadillac ever made all built by hand, I say it's worth $100,000.oo , you say it's not..I built it, shouldn't I know better what it might be worth than you?

He didn't have a comeback for my logic.
                    Of course if I was trying to sell him my one of a kind Cadillac then negotiation would be needed, but I would still be trying to convince him that it was worth what I thought it should be worth.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not long enough... and this was when were had Rainbow Springs - and the attraction was over 40 minutes long. Some people you can never please.
                      Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                      The White Star Farm
                      "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Nicole, sometimes when some complainer is wheezing and moaning I take a long look and listen to them and my ESP kicks in and I KNOW!
                        They have never successfully done anything in their entire time on this world!
                        (Or maybe nobody has ever told them they were worth a salt?)
                        I try real hard to replace anger with pity...they hear it in my words, see it in my look and then they either feel bad for being so nasty or they might feel really lower than whale feces for what they just tried to bring me down to, or they take this as compassion and run with it, I give them a little kiss , wipe their forehead with a urine-soaked rag , give them a hug then push them away!
                        They are so confused they can barely walk!
                        Never respond "In-Kind" if you can master it, it keeps them really off of their game.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Location, location, location...

Since I've been bouncing around for years now, putting my haunt up in different areas, I've gotten varying reactions based on location... and year. Here's a brief sampling of reactions:

Fontana, CA (1994)- they loved it... everything worked, even ticket price.

Prescott, AZ (2003)- many thought ticket price was too high ($12, $10 for groups of ten), which boiled down to the bad state of their local economy... 2/3 liked the show, but wanted to see more (had some staff troubles that year), the other 1/3 were wondering where the blood and chainsaws were (as if I had advertised that it was that kind of show)... didn't help that one of my sponsors was the big movie theatre across the street, and a few guests were coming directly from watching the remake of Chainsaw Massacre.

Northridge, CA (2005/2006)- most complaints were aimed directly at the host haunt, "Spooky House"... ticket price, fraudulent VIP line, etc. Some (few) complained about the wait, but since my queue is computer-assisted, wait time into my attraction was never more than 45 minutes most days, 1.5 hour at absolute peak (1800 per night). Of course, since I was the first attraction out of three, I got the brunt of complaints at the door. Reactions here were similar to Prescott in that about 1/3 wondered why they needed to 'slow down and check the place out', instead of running through like maniacs, ducking chainsaw wielding monsters. The rest, including entertainment industry pros and celebrities, loved the show... they wouldn't change a thing.
                          Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
                          Haunted Nashville
                          Turbidite Manor

Comment

Complaint about our haunt: Too Short... but we do it for free so I say "go through again and it's twice as long."

Complaint about other haunts: Cheesey-ness, cliche themes... dot room anyone?
                            Ben
                            Tustin Haunt, Tustin CA
                            www.tustinhaunt.com

Comment

Why waste your own time and energy doing what 10,000 others have already done? (unless you can actually do it beter?)
                              But if you don't "Try" nobody will ever know?
                              Chase your tail, round and round we go!
                              "Entertainment" by most people's definition has to be somewhat mentally or emotionally stimulating and to usually be thought of in this way it has to be somewhat "new" or at least unfamiliar or at least seem to be unfamiliar until they calm down and have a chance to analyse the experience.
                              Confusion can buy you time to push them through your place, and what is that word telling us? Let's break it down.."Con"...need I say more?
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X