Making Blood Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Blood Paint?

Hi, Does anyone know how to make simi gloss BLOOD paint. They say at the paint store that megenta is the darkest base color they have to mix from. And they cant go any deeper. I know theres a way. Thanks in advance.
    I love this website!!!
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Paint mixing

I'm not sure where you went to get the mixture, but there are shades of marroon and burgundy in most paint chips. All kinds of tint goes in to shift the end color. Red Oxide, Blue, Even Green to get rid of some of the red.

I would go to a paint store that is more commercial. There they have people bring things in all the time and say can you match this?

Personally I like Marroon (a solvent base) in "One Shot" brand sign paint. It is becoming hard to find. You can really thin it down as it is concentrated and make it run or leave it thick. A very little can (4oz) will go a long long way.

Even a magenta would be shifted toward purple with blue (slightly) then some green to get that bright red pigment to turn more brown.

Look in the designer colors at any home store. I think I saw a rustoleum burgundy that would possibly work. In acrylics, the colors get a little muddy when shifted off of a true pigment color like Magenta. In a color pallet, acrylics are usually sort of pastel and every bold color is a synthetic tint that produces just that standard color.

But, again the real paint players might be able to hook you up.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

This is where it gets weird

I have big bottles of universal tint. You can be your own paint store. As an experiment, go to like sherwin williams and ask mister williams for styrofoam cups of a little bit of everything for free. A real kit these days gets into gallons of 8 or 10 colors at $35 a pop and each is a life time supply unless you are a pait store.

Then you can buy any color close to what you want and shift it this way and that way and come up with 3 layers of similar color for depth. You can create glazes in clear coats whether acrylic or solvent base. Ya know, Leonardo Davinci didn't go to Hobby Lobby, he made everything by hand. Or at least directed the making.

Blow some trumpets and call for the tint monkeys!

Lots of people go the route of wood stains, like a mohogany? Again is seems to be a solvent based product. You didn't need your liver anyhow, it isn't worth as much as kidneys!
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks Greg!

Thanks Geg! Good info!
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

You know what we do at the darkness a lot ... we use red paint then we apply urethane over the top which makes it look soooo real people are AFRAID to touch it. Kip Polly also sells some really cool blood that we use in the darkness as well. Have you checked his site?

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I mix red and blue paint to get the color I want then I mix it with flexible acrylic gloss varnish.
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Flexible acrylic?

Is the flexile acrylic so it doesnt crack or flake off on clothes ect?
              sigpic
              PEACE, ADAM
              www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Thanks for mentioning me, Larry. We do make and sell our own blood paint. It has a great look and color and looks very fresh and wet. You can check out our website for ordering information. You can also check out these two pictures through the links below from The Darkness and Silo-X, respectively. They are a couple of examples of how Larry used the blood in both attractions.

http://www.scarefest.com/gallery/dis...?album=7&pos=0
                http://www.scarefest.com/gallery/dis...album=2&pos=70

If you need a lot, talk to me and we can work out a deal. Also, we will have quite a bit of blood at TransWorld and it will be on sale as well so you can see it first hand and pick up a bottle if you like it. Thanks.
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Is the flexile acrylic so it doesnt crack or flake off on clothes ect?
                  Yes and it also gives it the glossy shine.
                  Kevin
                  MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Working...
                  X