I cannot Believe this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot Believe this!

OK so the Spooky Planet website is back up and what do I see? He is "Selling" products from ScareFactory and Unit-70?

Also distortions, haunted portraits, haunt masters, and a lot more. What the hell does it take to get blackballed in this industry? Why are these companies dealing with this guy? He takes money for their work and never sends it to them. When he rips off customers he rips off these vendors. That is a sale they will never get and HE TAKES THE MONEY!

Is it that no one really believes me and all the others that have had our money stolen? Is it that these vendors don't care? Are they ignorant of his reputation? There is not a haunt or Halloween forum or list I have found that has not dealt with this.

Can anyone think of any reason why these companies continue to allow this? Especially since last year they apparently had more business than they could handle! If the authorities will not stop this idiot criminal, why can't this industry at the very least, not support this behaviour?
    Jim H
    Dark Raven Designs
    http://www.darkravendesigns.net

Oh yeah, and HauntWorld is listed as an "Affiliate" So is hauntworld officially "Affiliated" with Spookyplanet?
    Jim H
    Dark Raven Designs

Comment

I cant personally say for sure, but just remember that just because someone has something on their website, doesnt neccesarily mean that the vendors know about it, I can say personally that do to these posts that I will never do business witht eh guy, he contacted me my first year and I already had the heads up thanx to the forums.
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Your message is definitely out there because like Bodybagging, I won't ever do business with them. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

BodyBagging. I'm glad you decided not to do business with him. I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing your booth in Vegas!

Empressnightshade, I'm glad you know about this company and I realise that most everyone here knows about this as well as those on other forums. The fact remains though that people will be ripped off and thousands of dollars will be stolen from fellow haunters. This doesn't have to happen. It is so easily preventable.

I guess what got me fired up is this. We know not to do business with him, but if the industry vendors would simply refuse to do business with him, he would be forced to go away. Seems so simple. I see it as the industry allowing this to continue for no good reason. So they are not technically condoning this but they are certainly enableing it.

I can't imagine any vendors needing his sales. I suppose that BodyBagging could be correct and they don't know their products are on the site. But he does say he was contacted so I'm not really sure. So they either don't know, don't believe or don't care. I personally think it sucks.
          Jim H
          Dark Raven Designs

Comment

Who are the owners? i couldn't find it on their site. Does anyone know?
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Yeah I was looking into buying this wall mount from them its the monster head but after seeing what people have said about them made me withdrawl. So now Im wondering does anyone know where I can get this now?

Comment

How About This

I was searching Ebay and found a Distortions Unlimited Giant Jack in the Box the price was $2500.00 buy it now.. This is a good deal UNTIL you check and see the seller is Spooky Planet.... How many new haunters are looking for deals and fall prey to this guy....

Stay Tuned I'm sure there's more to come...

Dan

Comment

Katie, There is only one owner. His name is Erik Carlson. The company claims to be located in Salam NH. Although it looks like some big company, I believe it's just him and his computer.
                  You notice that there is no contact information of any kind on the website. Obviously a lot of people would like to get a hold of him to get their stolen money back so he stays in hiding. Also, it makes it easier to rip off all the new customers.

The typical story is you place an order, your card is charged the next day, you don't ever get anything for your money but he strings you along with excuses and promises until the time expires for you to dispute the charge. He typically makes up stories about a glitch or back orders or even lies and claims it has been shipped. He told me he shipped my order but was never able to produce any tracking info.

Another trick is he explains that the order can't be filled but he will give you store credit for other products. Then he tries to charge your card again for the "new" order. Then he disappears.

This has happened to several people, many who I have communicated with and it happened to me. It's an outright scam and I don't know why it is tolerated.
                  Jim H
                  Dark Raven Designs

Comment

scattered screams, I know I have seen that wall mount somewhere. I searched my links but am unable to find it. I think you should start a new thread. Just post a link to the picture and ask if anyone knows who makes it or where else you can buy it. There probably aren't a lot of people following this thread. I am sure someone will know.
                    Jim H
                    Dark Raven Designs

Comment

Are the companies really dealing with him?

Somebody posted something similar about a month ago and I took a look at his site at that time and saw he was selling a Scarefactory Impaler for about 10 or 20 percent of what Scarefactory was. My guess is that he just plans to take the money and run. I'm sure they aren't giving him (or anyone) that kind of deal. He could post stuff from your catalog for sell on his site. If he never plans on delivering, he wouldn't have to have any kind of business relationship with you at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X