Light effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light effect

I looking for a specific lighting effect that would probably have other applications.

I need to replicate a flash photographer. While I could just get a regular photo flash, I was looking at modifying a strobe light so that when triggered it gives just ONE flash.

If using a modified strobe it could be used in other haunt locations, like just before entering a dark area or black maze to dilate their eyes and add to the confusion.

I figured it would work much longer than a regular camera flash (one evening of normal strobe use is thousands of flashes) and it is more energy efficient than flashing a huge incandescent light.
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Well, a normal strobe could be easily modified to give just one flash using something like a Prop-1 from Efx-Tk. The problem that I see is that I don't think a single flash from a strobe would be enough light to take away the guest's night vision.

Comment

You wouldn't need to modify a storbe. You can buy ones made american dj or vei that are triggerable with the correct voltage and a 1/4" mono cable. It's how I time strobes to match the firing pattern of my air cannons.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Any DMX controllable strobe light can do the "one flash" thing as well.

of course, an easy route would be to go to a pawn shop, find an old flash that fits in a shoe (a camera shoe, not an adidas), solder on a few wires and you are good to go. Those older flashes usually had a 1/8" cable that would trigger the flash when shorted.

-- I
        -------------------------------
        http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Creative Visions sells a product they call a "Burst Light". It does what you're talking about. The web site is http://www.hauntvisions.com/APfxBurstLight.html and they have a litle video so you can see how it works. Hope that helps.
          Kip Polley
          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
          We Engineer Fear

Comment

Working...
          X