thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts please

So in April my Mother died of Altzheimers. In Sept we played musical chairs with my haunt location. Also in Sept my Dad (86) was diagnosed with Malanoma cancer and given months, maybe 6 to live. Last Friday he sarted to feel ill and we thought it was the flu. The pain got worse and worse and now the hospice nurse is thinking it is the cancer striking hard. I spent all of last night with him as he moaned in agony, I got maybe 2 hrs sleep, and now the nurse is saying he most likely will not make it through to Friday. So on top of trying to run my haunt, I now have the possibility of also dealing with this. So any positive energy you can give me and my family for strength and for my dad to not have to deal with this pain is appreciated....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

I can empathize. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Dave
    Lords of Chaos, LLC
    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Wow

I thought I was having a rough year - Damn

So sorry to hear that, I could only imagine what you are going through. When we hit the bottom, it's our character that pulls us through and intestinal fortitude that allows us to survive.

Just know that this rough time shall pass and what you are going through now has/will make you a stronger person.

Bless you and your family.
      Steve Martini
      Screamline Studios
      www.screamlinestudios.com
      steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

We're sending the thoughts and energy out your way Ron. I am so sorry you have had so much to deal with and all in such a short time. If it is time for your Dad to reunite with your Mom, we pray the remaining time here will be as painles as possible. We'll be sending energy your way for the strength to carry on...

Hugs to you my friend!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I will pray for you and your family. This has been a terrible year for you.
          "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Ron - thoughts and prayers are with you - strength with all of you during this difficult time. God bless.
            Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
            The White Star Farm
            "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Thoughts and prayers dispatched!
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

That's awful saddened!! Don't worry, man... I am on your side and I will pray with you! :cry:

Comment

My sincerest sympathies bro.

It does sound like they lived into thier golden years and you had lots of time with them. Count your blessings that way.
                  There are many people that don't get that much time with their parents.
                  Treasure the times you had (and still have) together and use that comfort you both through the tough times to come.

I speak as a person that has been there. I lost my family & have been alone now for several years. My mother killed herself when I was 8. Then my father was murdered. Then my brother died from his heroin addiction.

My advice to you is to try to gather strength from all the members of your family & help each other.

All the best!

Dave G
                  aka
                  Bonesaw

Comment

Maybe you can possibly lose yourself and some of the worry once you get open within the running of haunt, a wonderfull distraction at best, when everything is running smoothly.

This morning I was told that my cousin commited suicide. She was a very educated woman in medicine, a nurse and administrator.
                    She was still working even though she had suffered for the last ten years with a very painful long term condition.
                    The very sad thing about this to me is that as a nurse she was the one with special "talents" to communicate with people who were at death's door and able to many times talk them back.
                    I cried when I wondered if she died because maybe no one was there for her.
                    We should all work harder to make things more fair and equal in life as far as giving of ourselves to others in need.
                    I will be thinking about you Ron, hang in there.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We should all work harder to make things more fair and equal in life as far as giving of ourselves to others in need.
                      Amen to that Jim! Well said!

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sending you some support!

... find time to relax, eat properly and get some sleep and delegate some responsibilities to your friends

Its tempting to try to do to much but just stay focussed on what is important and let everything else wait.

Comment

Sending you some support!

... find time to relax, eat properly and get some sleep and delegate some responsibilities to your friends

Its tempting to try to do to much but just stay focussed on what is important and let everything else wait.

Comment

Oh man! Ron, I'm so sorry to hear this. Even though I only get a chance to pop in now and then to check on folks, I think of all the HauntWorld people all the time. My deepest and most sincere sympothies go out to you this year. It must be heart wrenching for you to try to divide your time and energy between your haunt and your father. Running a haunt and fullfilling family obligations is always such a balancing act, it's not fair that you have to do it on a tight rope.

*Big Hugs to you! You have my respect and prayers.
                            ------------------------
                            The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                            I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Ron... I am praying right now for you and your
                              situation...
                              thanks for sharing your heart with us....

My vote.... lose yourself in your work.....
                              I find it helps me...
                              Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Working...
                              X