Create Blood Stained Clothes (How?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Blood Stained Clothes (How?)

Yes, it's as simple as splashing a bottle of blood on a shirt; but with time the blood we splash dries, and eventually looks like an old pink kool-aid spill (even more so in black light).

What blood colored substance could I apply to create a dark red splotches; ones that would always appear fresh without the need to reapply?

I can't remember what brand it is, but there is a type of store bought theatrical blood that dries a dark, almost brownish color like real blood. You would probably need to re-apply after washing though.

I have used paint before with mixed results. You can achieve the exact color you want and it won't wash off, but it's harder to apply it and make it look convincing.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Composite Effects has a line of stage blood that is available in four different colors and various consistencies. http://www.compositeeffects.com/blood.htm
      Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 02-21-2008, 07:48 AM.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I love blood

I have bloodied hundreds of costumes over the years, and the best thing i have found, that doesn't turn pink or wash off is good old acrylic paint in the truest red.(which is usually a Christmas red or crimson) I get my hands in there and make sure it really gets into the fabric. I have costumes i wash all the time that still have great red color. I've also splattered with a brush and it worked. There is a paint by, i believe krylon or rustoleum - comes in a pint size can and is called "banner red" - a great fresh blood color. If it's too bright - add a little black or purple to your desired color. dark green adds a nice tint too.
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Try working with some dark-red wood stains until you get the color you want - they splatter well and won't wash out.
          Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
          The White Star Farm
          "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

What would work just like killer katie said, is acrylic paints and i would suggest a latex mix about 40% paint and 60% latex this would give you a bond on the material that i believe would be a pain in the ass to remove!!!

Just some random dude
            Jason Blaszczak

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s try maroon paint with three drops of burnt umber with your latex, these are just my thoughts and it doesnt mean i am right

Comment

Our Perma-Blood dries a very realistic shade of red and also dries glossy to always look fresh. It can even survive trips through the washer. We sell some pretty small sample bottles that you could pick up if you'd like to give it a try. I think it might do the trick for you.
              Kip Polley
              www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
              We Engineer Fear

Comment

KPOLLEY,

Does your company offer blood in a dark dried up look??

Jason Blaszczak
                SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Good call

Screamline, good idea with the latex mixed in. How many pairs of jeans have we ruined with latex. It never comes off!
                  Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Thanks for the input guys and gals.

I'll try all your suggestions.
                    Last edited by Smiley; 02-22-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Jason,

It's actually something that we have toyed with on and off, but as of yet I haven't seen it come out just the way I'd like it to. It's in the works, though. If there is some interest in old, dried up, brownish looking blood paint then I'll see if we can get back on it. I partially let it go because I wasn't sure there would be much demand for it. I'll see what we can do. Maybe we can have something for Transworld. You never know...
                      Kip Polley
                      www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                      We Engineer Fear

Comment

We use Rit fabris dyes in squirt bottles, it isn't very crusty or thick but doesn't change much in the wash. We also have used most blood recipes but have discoverd it is very uncomfortable for the actors and ants always seem to find the costumes when not in use! I think a formula like Kip's is the answer, it's thick and rich and choclately!!
                        Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

You could simply try our BloodStix.
                          Perfect for long term blood applications, on costumes, props, scenes, and made into woochies.

You can apply it with hot glue guns, or with brushes sticks etc, from melt pots.
                          It is color fast for a very very long time, is washer safe (do not put in the dryer) and will never attract insects, or develop mold or mildew.

http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/pr...products_id=39
                          GoryCorey
                          See all MinionsWeb Original Cob Web Guns, Boomer Air Cannons and weather tight LED Light Bulbs at the MinionsWeb.com online store

Comment

Working...
                          X