Maybe I missed something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I missed something...

I think the Vegas show will be well attended, the only question is WHY ISN'T ANYONE NAMING A HOTEL/BAR FOR EVERYONE TO HANG OUT IN? Yes, it's a buyers show, but it's also a great time to meet and hang out with other people in the business. I don't understand why everyone is just saying "It's Vegas, and there's so much to do." Yes, it's Vegas, but I'm sure that people would definitely have time to meet at a hotel bar to hang out. It'll just have to be a location that's convenient for people to get to (so let's stay away from the Stratosphere, for example).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Let's take a stab at it this year and let people know. If the bar/hotel sucks, let's change it for next year.

Matt
    Burial Chamber Haunted Complex
    The Midwest's Largest Haunted Complex

Home of:
    • Adrenaline Haunted House
    • Insanity Haunted House
    • Phobia Haunted Woods
    • The Last Ride Burial Simulator

http://www.BurialChamber.com

Yes by all means, where will the social events be ? Gregg and I will have to know because we will be there secretly spying on everyone in our new Les Beans showgirls costumes.
    Nobody caters to peculair costuming better than Les!
    Nobody will recongnise us! (Keep asking , we won't break character!)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There have been a few places mentioned for hanging out on a variety of boards so far. Key is to remember them.

I know there is an award banquet that I won't discuss out of respect for Larry's board. And I know the Vegas Haunt Tours wiith drinks and food. And I am sure once everyone is there they will figure out a common place to meet.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Hey Matt...

Good question.

Here is what we're trying to plan...

On Monday night (5pm) there is a MAJOR haunted house auction at Circus Circus. I'm assuming that 99% of all the haunt owners will be going to this auction at some point in time. The auction should be over around 8 or 9pm, so I was calling for a 'Crowne Plaza Experience' to take place right there in Circus Circus bar that same night.

It really is the only thing that makes LOGICAL sense because everyone or most of the haunters are already planning on attending the auction...so after the auction you just go to the bar area in Circus Circus and there ya go.

On Sunday night you have the haunted house tour, that includes FOOD, DRINKS adn a bus ride to the events, tours through 5 haunted houses, blah, blah.

Tickets to that event are only $50.00. I think that is what most people will be doing on Sunday night, and on Monday probably the only other day most haunters will be in Vegas we can do the Circus Circus/Auction.

It just makes the most logic sense at this point.

Everyone should meet at Circus Circus after the Auction on Monday and go to the Viva Haunt Vegas tour on Sunday.

As what Jonathon is refering to ... I would rather not go into but he's refering to the IAHA meeting they're having. Most people in this industry are not members, and will probably not attend. If you want to go to that thing its at 5pm on Monday, SAME EXACT time as the haunted house auction. I'm not being anything but honest here when I say I have yet to talk to one person who owns a haunted house who didn't tell me they're GOING TO THE AUCTION at 5pm!

If I was going to make predictions 99% of all the people in this industry will be at the auction, so in my mind any IAHA annual meeting is a mute point. Even while at Chicago and NO Vegas haunted house auction hardly anyone shows up for IAHA meeting. I didn't go last year, but I did attend the one the year before and maybe and I mean maybe 75 people attended, but that was in Chicago, where there is nothing else to do. We're in VEGAS, and there is a haunted house auction. Its not being disrespectful to point out the obvious...

Anyway with all that being said... people will go where they want to go. If you want to go to a strip club go for it, to a poker table great, or a show, or a fancy dinner, or for that matter the IAHA meeting. Everyone should do what they want to do or what they think is most valuable to them.

I think and probably very correctly that 99% of everyone will be at the Auction at 5pm on Monday located at Circus Circus. Considering this fact, we should all meet after the auction and hang out...it just makes sense.

If you can't make it we'll see you at the show itself.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Look forward to meeting

We at Grossparts.com look forward to meeting many of you from this board. Hope there is a big turnout after the auction as I am sure there will be. Whatever happens it should be a fun time at this new location and we're looking forward to it!
          sigpic
          The only place to get more realistic body parts is the local morgue"
          www.GrossParts.Com

Comment

Larry, sounds like a good plan to me. I think you're right about people showing up for the auction. I'm guessing it'll have a pretty good turn out.

Judging from the fact that they just added more busses for the tour, I think that's also a good call, and I'm sure people will be able to easily fill the extra hours after the tour with good, clean VEGAS fun.

I'm looking forward to it.
            Burial Chamber Haunted Complex
            The Midwest's Largest Haunted Complex

Home of:
            • Adrenaline Haunted House
            • Insanity Haunted House
            • Phobia Haunted Woods
            • The Last Ride Burial Simulator

http://www.BurialChamber.com

Comment

For those coming in earlier, Saturday night our crew will be at the Harrah's bar, and when we get kicked out or bored, will probably be going to Margaritaville.

The tour on Sunday is a no brainer

As far as the auction, if it is run like Nortons did it at RP, I won't be staying there long.
              http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Karl, I don't think you'll get bored and you've been thrown out of better places!!!
                Just remember my friend....PACE YOURSELF...there is NO LAST CALL!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you and your crew!!!

Your VEGAS is showing!!!!
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Karl,

I'm kinda confused... I thought for sure you'd have suggested Treasure Island. LOL.

I think it would be funny to see your guys walking around out in front of TI... you'd probably have people thinking you're part of the show and giving you tips. LOL

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                  X