Guns in Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns in Haunted House

Has anyone used blank gun shots in a haunted house? Or is there no way that would be feasible (something about firing blanks in a small closed space...). There are guns that are just made for firing blanks so we are not talking about real guns and licences and all. http://www.blank-guns-depot.com/ shows the blanks. If you havn't used these, what type of guns do you use in your haunt? I'm looking for an incredibly realistic gun shot, not quiet cap gun style. I want people leaving the scene wondering if they should call EMT (well, maybe not that realistic........)

Any suggestions would be great.
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

You could get an airsoft or BB pistol that runs on CO2 or green gas, not as loud as the real thing, but still loud.
    Slash
    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

When I was a kid I was given a toy gun that you loaded a roll of plain typing paper into , cut into a roll resembling a roll of caps, the roll fed into the gun with the trigger pull and a plunger popped a small piece of paper from the roll making a very BIG sound!
      Does anyone make such a toy gun anymore? It was really neat!
      I think it was loud enough to make many going through a haunt jump and think it might have been a real gun noise.

I know of one Illiniois haunt who discharged a shotgun inside of a walk-in meat cooler and we ordered to stop this practise because of the noise level.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Another idea would be to have a trigger on the gun that would trigger a mp3 player (with a big gun sound) evertime you clicked it. That way you wouldnt have to worry about the blank thing. Plus a lot cheaper.
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Everyone could begin lip-syncing with no sound coming out then you wouldn't need a gunshot sound! Just point and pretend. (don't forget the recoil!)
          We used to do this just before the class period would end and our mostly deaf English teacher would crank up her hearing aid just in time for the classes buzzer to go off right above her !
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

With things the way they are now a days you really need to think though the idea of using a realistic gun in your attraction. What will the local media do when they find out?? We just had a drive by shooting at a school, a couple days later there is a shooting at an apartment building over a disagreement. Do you really want to portray the use of a gun in your attraction???

Having a big air cannon type fake machine gun is one thing, it's fantasy. Having a realistic gun??? What if a customer pulls out HIS gun and returns fire???

I think there was a similar thread a few years ago and the consensus was using a realistic gun was not worth it. It would be better to use your creativeness and find a different scare.
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I agree.
              On a similar thought, if you were to use a clown (clown pistol ), pirate (mussel loader), cowboy with an old six shooter.....
              The pistol isn't tucked away, actor flails it about, then it goes off, you get your startle.
              Thanks, Jeff
              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
              www.HauntForum.com
              www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

you've seen the past

i think jims idea...using a cap gun...will get ya laughed off stage...i know this video sucks..it was shot by a 14 year old and posted on myspace last summer...but it sure stirred up the industry and this board...a much better version is out now shot by kurt chaney or on http:www.hauntedhoochie.com

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...ead.php?t=3102

heres what kurt chaney shot of the scene in action...there sure are some individuals who have a problem with such an extreme haunt....but i will tell ya what... the Hoochie has been around for 20 years and has always been doin these kinda illusions and is a screaming success story....as a matter of fact...in 2004 they took out all the extreme scenes and became listed on hauntworlds top 13 bests in america and the numbers FELL !!!!.....in 2007 they brought back the extreme scenes and the numbers rose dramatically...so i would not put to much weight in the opinions of some of the small minded comments...haha

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...ead.php?t=3256
                in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

It's extreme, but not scary. Maybe of the blood was water and shot out at the patrons?

Darkangel

Comment

I would much rather be "Laughed off the stage" as I fire my cap gun, than have fresh puke to clean off of MY STAGE!
                    It is extremely difficult for some scary people to become comedians, this is a fact, but upsetting people to the point of them never spending another dollar with you isn't where I wish to find myself.
                    If only those water/sewer-electric -gas-phone bills didn't keep showing up in my mailbox all the time!
                    Nobody can please every customer, some are beyond ever pleasing, but if you create a show that pleases enough customers enough of the time, then you have it perpetuated , somewhat, and life can get easier, this applies to ANY kind of a show, of course, the vote IS when they stuff your ticket box with those Green ballots.
                    Hard to argue with that results.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

For giggles, I prefer a gag gun that unrolls a banner that says BANG and have a sound effect through thousand watt speakers of a cannon firing.
                      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Real guns firing blanks actually put out a considerable concussion and usually some wad shrapnel. Actors have been killed holding blank guns up to their heads and firing them.

Having said that, there are some customers I'd like to shoot.....

Comment

Originally posted by RJ Productions View Post
                          With things the way they are now a days you really need to think though the idea of using a realistic gun in your attraction. What will the local media do when they find out?? We just had a drive by shooting at a school, a couple days later there is a shooting at an apartment building over a disagreement. Do you really want to portray the use of a gun in your attraction???

Having a big air cannon type fake machine gun is one thing, it's fantasy. Having a realistic gun??? What if a customer pulls out HIS gun and returns fire???

I think there was a similar thread a few years ago and the consensus was using a realistic gun was not worth it. It would be better to use your creativeness and find a different scare.
                          What about those of us who have Western and Hillbilly themes? Guns are a part of those themes and wouldn't be believable without them.

What I'd like to do is take one of my air cannons and pump the air through what looks like a double barrel shotgun. If someone can come up with a way to do that, I'd be much obliged.

Comment

If you need some guns for a pirate or hillbilly scene why not build your own guns, make then exaggerated, make the barrels way larger than a real one, make the stock excentuated, paint them Barbie pink? hahahah!
                            I made a sniper rifle but the barrel was Very long with other such strangeness, my MP-40 machine gun has a very long clip and it is kind of dark , nobody has bothered to shoot me as of yet, maybe because I startle them before they could draw? Maybe because the joke is over before they could draw their gun?
                            Maybe because I made my MP40 and it's steel and I could beat them to death with it if I really had to? But then the MP-40 is just a part of the whole costume.
                            The hideous mask I wear when I first see them..wait, I don't wear a mask ....
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                              If you need some guns for a pirate or hillbilly scene why not build your own guns, make then exaggerated, make the barrels way larger than a real one, make the stock excentuated, paint them Barbie pink? hahahah!
                              I made a sniper rifle but the barrel was Very long with other such strangeness, my MP-40 machine gun has a very long clip and it is kind of dark , nobody has bothered to shoot me as of yet, maybe because I startle them before they could draw? Maybe because the joke is over before they could draw their gun?
                              Maybe because I made my MP40 and it's steel and I could beat them to death with it if I really had to? But then the MP-40 is just a part of the whole costume.
                              The hideous mask I wear when I first see them..wait, I don't wear a mask ....
                              Jim, have I told you lately that I love you? Your mind is astonishing and innovative. Which is why I wish you would give me ideas on how to create an air cannon shotgun. Send me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X