Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arachnid's Obituary of Acting is Back on RFR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arachnid's Obituary of Acting is Back on RFR!!

Hey everyone, remember me? I was the guy who told you he would bring a show on Rotting Flesh Radio that would be all about acting stuff, and interview well-known, experienced acting veterans with many years under their belt. Well, I know it has been a while since I've had a show on RFR, but I am here to tell you that I am back with a vengeance! For the next month, there will be an episode of ARACHNID'S OBITUARY OF ACTING on RFR every single week, and then, a show every-other week for the rest of the entire year of 2008! I'm doing this partly because I feel guilty of some "lost time", but mainly because I love the topic of creative character building and truly enjoy interviewing the people within the industry who share a similar passion and dedication to improv/interactive acting, and spend a lot of time on the "details" of their characters. This friday february 22 on RFR there will be part 1 of a 3 part series of interviews with Roger and Beth Miller regarding their thoughts and insights about using films and other resources to spark your core of creativity that can make your characters be unique and stand out from the pack. Other topics they will cover in future episodes include being able to entertain as well as scare, advice for female actors to be more effective, and how being professional is just as important as being creative. Next week on friday february 29 check out part 1 of interviews with Jason Blaszczak and Steve Martini of Screamline Studios covering advice on using makeup to complete the presentation of your character (Jason Blaszczak), as well as ideas for your approach in being able to "work" the que line and be creative with your dialogue (Steve Martini). Also, in the near future, look for other interviews with other talented and creative "players" within the industry like Jeff Glatzer, Tater (a.k.a. Scott Lynd), and the one-and-only Rex B. Hamilton! These are just a few of the many actors you will hear this year on ARACHNID'S OBTIUARY OF ACTING. If you feel you have the experience, passion and talent, and have something to say about creating memorable and unique characters, and, or, just want to share your knowledge and love of acting, please email me at geoffgbeck@yahoo.com, and maybe you too can be interviewed for the show! So, come check out all new episodes of ARACHNID'S OBITUARY OF ACTING at www.rottingfleshradio.com on friday nights! Take care, and keep on creating new and interesting characters!

Geoff Beck
    Actor/Makeup Artist
    Last edited by geoffgbeck; 02-22-2008, 01:11 AM. Reason: grammar error
    Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

I could be on that show....... I could be on that show.
    I might not be acting,.... maybe I have Never acted at all?
    Or maybe it is All an "act"?
    Sometimes.... I will say things to people that will make them get.... afraid....
    I often try to be funny. Sometimes they might be laughing.... so I won't get mad and hurt them? I locked the big drawbridge behind them for a reason, you know.
    "Reason'? Did I say reason?
    I hate winter.
    Nobody much comes here ...then.
    I never know in the fall...how many holes to dig...can't dig after the ground freezes....good thing almost nobody shows up.............to fill those holes.......
    listen to those coyotes.............
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Are you coming out with a new DVD? I really liked the last one. Your event sounds fun! Hope to see you at the show. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry if you mention RottingFleshRadio you can pick up another copy of his DVD for 14 dollars at screamlines booth in VEGAS! Now theres a bargain!
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

We sell his Dvd on www.hauntedhousesupplies.com... won't need to mention Rotting Flesh Radio to get a copy! LOL

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

LOL after looking at your page of Videos, I guess you dont need to mention rfr to get a copy, BUT you can stop by our booth and Mention that you seen this post and Pick up OUR NEW XtremeHauntFXDVD for 24.95! lol FIDDYFIDDY las vegas....
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Its about damn time you put out some new episodes!!!glad to see you back...

Just some random dude
              Jason Blaszczak
              SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

We'll have a new video as well... it won't be anything like your guys video. This video will tour some of America's Best Haunted Houses, and I will offer tips on how you can improve your business within this industry. With the tips I delve out people should be a $1,000.00 for the video...LOL.

I will talk a lot about imporving your business, how to increase your revenue and grow your market share. Everyone should get this video, that is if you think I know anything! LOL

Anyway as for your video we'd love to carry it on your store. You'll have to let me know ... every video featured on our store are products that I've personally watched or endorse. A lot of people have made videos, or published books, and most that I've seen are really bad, or filled with information I would NEVER offer a haunt. If I don't think the DVD has non-worthy information I will not sell it on my store.

In the past people would make videos and try to sell them, and you'd hear one person after another complain about how bad they were... so atleast on my store its hard to complain because I've personally watched everyone and know there is something in there worth the money.

Idea's in our business or should I say our industry, are taken for granted. People don't put the value on these items like you'd think... you'll be lucky to sell 100 or 200 copies of your dvd over the years because people just don't value them as much as they use to.

Today with YouTube, or message boards, or whatever there is so much information flying around people just don't think they should pay for it. Me on the other I don't buy into that... people should be buying these books, dvds, and whatever else including seminars because if they're good they will help your business.

I wouldn't buy a DVD or pay for a seminar from just anyone... but if you know their track record, if you respect their success people should get buy the information.

In other industries you'd pay thousands for this type of info...

Info in our industry is cheap...

One last thing, funny thing is you mention RFR, and if you mention it blah, blah. You shouldn't POST that on here... how can you really know if anyone ever even listened to that or read anything from RFR about your product? Why not only mention it on that site and not here... no offense but 100 times the people would read that info here before ANY other site. So now they'll read it here and mention it to you at your booth.

If you're doing something with another site just mention it on their site so you know the true value. If you want to say 'if you mention the Hauntworld forums you'll get a discount' and you ONLY post that here or have us mention here, then you'll know our true value, same goes for every site and every medium. But it really defeats the purpose of saying 'mention blah, blah on another site, now you'll never know if 99% of the people who mention it only mention it because they saw it somewhere else'. Let all these other sites stand on their own two feet and not feed off the backs of other sites, then say how successful they are.

I'm NOT saying you can't do whatever you want, or I'm not saying some other site can't say whatever they want here, I'm just saying if you're going to run a promotion, then post it only there, and find out just how how many people REALLY heard the thing and then you'll know whether it was worth the money you paid or whatever.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry Reply

Larry, I just wanted to clear up what you were reading on the early posts here. For the record, my original post about my show on RFR mentioned nothing about my promotion of my makeup DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE. It specifically talked about the people and topics that were going to be on my show. The post you read by Rob Johnson about mentioning RFR and picking up a copy at Screamline Studio's booth at Transworld 2008 for a "bargain" was gained through his knowledge of hearing my promo mentioned at the end of my most recent episode on RFR, not on this website. The reason for this post was to let people know that they can check out new episodes of my show all year long, not to get them to tune in just over the four week time period I am running my promotion. I have a show first and foremost to share my love and passion for the art and craft for creating characters, sharing my and other's experiences, and tips on acting. I cannot control what others hearing a promotion I am running on another website or show are going to say about it here. But, also, I thought that a major reason that most websites including yours exist was to inform peolpe on how they can learn and stay connected to their interests....right?

Geoff Beck
                  Last edited by geoffgbeck; 02-29-2008, 12:29 AM.
                  Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!

Jason Blaszczak
                    SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Larry Reply

Thanks Jason.....I know you understand my motive here.

Geoff Beck
                      Last edited by geoffgbeck; 02-29-2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Whens that tater goign to be on...I heard hes an awesome guy
                        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Clarify

I just wanted to clarify again that my intention of my original post here was to mention a show about creative character building was back, and not to promote another website or promotion. I am most interested in the art and craft of acting and makeup, and the people who care about those topics as well, and wish to share it with others interested in learning and growing as an artist.

Geoff Beck
                          Last edited by geoffgbeck; 02-29-2008, 02:17 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Geoff,

My post wasn't directed at you. My post had nothing to do with what you said. I was speaking directly to Body Bagging, who was talking about 'mention this or that website' and get a discount.

My point was and is very valid. If you want to say mention this or that website and get a discount then make that mention on THAT website only. Clearly you'd want to see if anyone read it there, and if it was effective.

If I go to every message board, every yahoo group, and email everyone out of my address book and say 'Hey mention the Hauntworld Message Board forum and you'll get 10% of my new videos...' then how I would I know if people actually read it off the message board???

If you really want to know if a website is worth a dime, or really only followed by 50 people, or in fact is the best thing since sliced bread, then keep the 'mention blah, blah' on that specific site so you can see if anyone actually read it, heard it, saw it, so you can learn the real value.

So hopefully you understand my post wasn't directed at you, I'm simply pointing out a MARKETING 101 type thing.

This applies to anything from Radio to anything. Would YOU say on one radio station 'mention the other station and get a discount' while at the same time mentioning it on the station you're referring to? How do you know how many people really heard it on the station in question. In other words they would get a bloated success rate.

I'm not taking shots at any one just pointing out facts. I think you just defeat the purpose of the whole 'mention this and ... '.

I don't care that you posted about your new show, or what you're doing...more power to you! But the post wasn't about what you said.

Hope that clears that up.

Now if you don't mind... I asked you a question about if you're releasing a new DVD. Let me know. I would love to hear the news.

Thanks
                            Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Yep I was BAAAAAAAD BODYBAGGGGGGGER!

Comment

Working...
                              X