Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arachnid's Obituary of Acting is Back on RFR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the record and let me clear this up once and for all...

I don't care if anyone promotes anything, from any company, about any event, whatever. I think Johnathon has posted and promoted his show RFR on these boards more times than I could EVER count... no one has EVER told him he can't do that. EVER!

I'm not a supporter of IAHA, but NO ONE has EVER told them they can NOT post updates about their events on my message board. EVER.

I've had vendors tell me they don't post updates about their new products because they think someone will get mad at them, maybe because in the past on the old IAHA Yahoo Group, certain people would rip on someone for promoting. I for one encouraged people to give us updates about new products. I've told EVERYONE no no no... that is information to be used to help other people.

We want to know the latest, the greatest, and everything in between and it doesn't really matter what site, what vendor, what show, whatever.

There is only a COUPLE things we don't allow and I will highlight them for you...

1) Don't come on this message board and say something like ... 'hey you won't believe this or that, basically hyping up something then saying go to this other message board to read about it. If you have news, then just post it, don't try to get people to leave this board to see another board.

That is the MAIN RULE! Halloweennation was a HUGE violator of this rule, and at first we let them do it for about 6 weeks, until someone finally got sick of it and said to them... if your message board is so great why do you keep promoting it on the HW board. Well then a MAJOR title wave occurred and war world three broke out. So to keep that from ever happening again... just no promoting other message boards.

If you have something to say just say it in your post, not hyping up some story to get people to leave to another board. That is disrespectful totally.

As for someone promoting some show or event on another site whatever.

Some people think I would do anything to do in the Pickle... not true! I have a message board on my site devoted to his event Hauntcon, which some of his organizers used to promote their show. I put up the board because I'm not an idiot... I do realize people want to go, and people like the show, and people want information about the show. So I'm offering them a place to discuss it. If Leonard came on this site today and posted... 'selling ads for the next HAM magazine, you wouldn't see a reply from me, but it wouldn't be erased, and no one would ask him not to do it again.

Would you like me to create a message board to discuss the RFR podcast??? LOL

I'm all about providing people a place to communicate, talk, chat, trade info or whatever about ANY subject they choose to discuss. That is the way it is baby... nothing has ever changed.

From time to time I might erase a post here and there to prevent a war from breaking out, or because someone is way out of line, and that goes double for myself. I've had to erase some of my own posts because I was out of line. But I'd say over the past year I've maybe erased 10 posts TOPS and I think half of those where mine. LOL

I hope this clears things up for you.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

You were not a bad body bagger... I was just offering advice! If I was you I would like to know if anyone heard or read it from the site the discount applied. C'mon baby you know you're not a bad bagger!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry for clearing that up. No harm done, and there is also nothing wrong with reminding people what the rules are from time to time. To finally answer your question about the DVD, I wanted to let you know that I am starting shooting for makeup demos for HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME TWO, but it may be a while before it comes out. Probably another year, but it will be worth the wait! I appreciate your kind words of support about the DVD, and good luck with your endeavors. I'll talk to you later.

Geoff Beck
        Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

He's up and running!!!

We had fun doing the interview with you and look forward to hearing the rest of the 'series'.

I haven't been on HauntWorld in quite a loooong time and it was a perk that I get to catch up with everything and to see my name as I'm scanning through the posts.

*waves*

~Beth
          Beth Miller

SoMetHinG WiCKed ThIS WAy CoMEs

What can we teach you about fear?

Comment

Working...
          X