Soundtracks from Different Scenes=Ugly Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundtracks from Different Scenes=Ugly Sound

For my entrance i am going to use one of gore galore's soundtracks. that is for when they enter and being told the rules and that stuff. then the second track from gore galore is going to be playing throughout the whole Haunted house. but when they enter my haunted back yard, a different soundtract from gore galore is going to be playing.

these soundtracks could be playing at the same time. but i am not sure if that will cause ugly sound of soundtracks mixing together. in the entrance i dont want the soundtrack being heard in the house. and i dont want the soundtrack in the house mixing with the backyard soundtrack. i just dont any of them to mix together. lol. is there any way to not have the soundtracks mixing together while they are being played at the same times? i hope this makes sense.

also, could i have pressure pads turning on the soundtracks off and on? but i am not sure if that will cause pauses in each of the soundtracks because that would be bad mojo.

does anyone know what i am talking about? haha

Motion switches turning off a continuity relay that interupts or restores the wire to the speakers and let the sound track run ... Cutting off the speaker is easier than turning off and on the sound generating equiptment...for me.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm thinking

Instead of two big entertainment centers, two systems of a gazzillion atmospheric or ambient speakers on at a low level.

But, Professor Warfields monster putting the speaker wires together while the DVD player keeps playing concept is true genius.

I'm thinking one more step combining the two theories. The customers must wear metal shoes, walking on metal floors and they are the circuit. The first scenes has a water mister prop and speaker wires just hang everywhere to rub on them.

This isn't too far off from one of my scenes that psych them out (all in their heads)
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

First ? is what soundtracks are you playing? Is it music or SOUND EFFECTS like industrial Background? If it is SOUND EFFECTS then it doesnt matter if they blend.
        Its really about the how loud you play them. I blend evil wind to swamp cricketsto flies buzzing to cave drips to thunder.
        NOW if its music then it can easily clash. I find sound effects Backgrounds way more effective.
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Electrically manufactured sounds are pretty easy to identify as originating from said processes as a last resort for the terrified mind. We grab onto any reasonable cause of the thing that seems to wish to possibly harm us.
          The random sounds of a really old house usually more defy identification and calming anyone..especially if the house is a "Haunted", haunted house.
          Canned music or backround sounds would also get in the way of me recording those wonderfull screams from my patrons.
          I should have a sound track of just such screams on my web site.......
          A Chicago radio station needed some of my recorded customer screams to play with an interview of me they were to conduct. I played them from the surveilance tape recording, over the phone, they re-recorded it and played it back over the radio and it sounded Great!
          I would have never guessed it would have captured those sounds so well going from one machine to another, ex cetra.
          When I was a JC haunter our second haunt was located in what is now my wine cellar. We had an old 8-track player putting ancient organ music into the room, it was quite loud, people had to scream to "talk" over it, yet so many customers never noticed that loud old organ music..because it FIT that room so well!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I am also curious which sounds you are using where.
            MP3 players might also be an option
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Sorry about that. i plan one using sound effects. no music.
              in order, i am using. dark apocolypse: for the entrance.
              spectral nightmare will be playing throughout the WHOLE haunted house.
              and cemetary of unrest will be playing through my haunted backyard and graveyard.
              now i am worried if it will sound bad if all these will mix together.

thanks!

Comment

Just like poison pointed out. They are more sound effects than music so it shouldn't matter if they bleed across one another.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Use smaller speakers and aim into the areas. Use seperates for low and hi, if practical. Definitely do walkthroughs with sound to see where bleed problems would be. Perhaps a house sound in corridors in between?
                  The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X