Disney Studios Haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Studios Haunt?

I have a friend who is one of the few artists allowed to create and sell Disney art. He works and sells often out of the parks, usually Epcot. He said he heard a rumour that Disney may do a Halloween Horror Nights type of event for adults in their Disney Studios Park, formerly known as Disney/MGM Studios. They would keep their Magic Kingdom Halloween shows for smaller children still. Disney has seen the tremendous growth and following that Universal enjoys every fall and they wnt their piece of the pie.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I love Disney attractions, but to see them pull off an adult and scary Halloween show would be interesting to say the least. Again, I was provided very little info and have no idea if it's true or not....They certainly have the resources and pick of talent out there for doing it.

Allan

It'd be interesting to see, that's for sure. Of course, there's already a lot of horrific/scary imagery in the "kid" stuff that Disney's made, like the Wicked Queen asking her huntsman for Snow White's heart, the dragon from "Sleeping Beauty" or the "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence from "Fantasia"...
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Not surprised. Disney had Cyndy Neil do a major haunt for one of their Asian parks and some other local haunters are employed by Disney. If I was going to take a wild guess who would head the operation would be a former major Southland haunt owner. I will not divulge any more details publicly.
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Warren you are right, they do use some scary imagery which is essential for storytelling. My nephew was terrified of teir dragon in the Fantastim show at the former MGM! But Disney doing gore and things like that would be interesting!!!!

Allan

Comment

Check your email box, Allan. don't forget it isnt concrete and is simply my own reasoning.

Disney has done gore before. You may want to check out this very fun movie called From Dusk Till Dawn....

Comment

I know of the film, but I didn't know they did it!!! Movies are one thin but to have corpses and gory fx etc. out in the public eye as would have to be done would be different...

Thanks for the email Tony!

Allan

Comment

Disney owns Dimension and Miramax, I think that Dimension just left though. They also previously owned Hollywood and caravan pictures which are both defunct as well as their popular Buena Vista. For a couple of months, they owned VCA which would freak out people who know about that festivity....

Comment

Call me freaked, cause I just did a search!!!

Comment

What happed is when Disney had purchased either Dimension or Miramax (they were both outside studios folded in), VCA was a subsidiary of one of them. It took some 6 months to spin them off independantly but for 6 months....

Comment

That's what's so chilling when a media monster like Disney declares:

"We make films for everybody". As if there where a single standard. They are actually marketing to those who believe there is, or should be. Their own standard, excluding anything that doesn't conform.

No room for artistic vision, integrity or statement. Just "safe" entertainment.

Comment

This rumor comes up every year and has been around for sometime, it would be nice but I have seen this posted so many times on chainsawwolf and scream scape ect. that untill I can buy a pass for the event, I won't put any stock into it.
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

If Disney were to have an attraction, it can't be any worse than Universal Orlando's was last season. I made the trip down there and wasn't very impressed. It was $65 a ticket and we only made it through two haunts the whole night (each line was over 1 1/2 hours long), and when we finally got in they both only lasted 10 minutes tops.
                        Jordan Renda
                        www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Sorry to hear you had a bad time. Two things that make the trip worth it, first express passes (ten min wait time tops at each haunt) second never pay full price... there are way to many ways to get a discount... coke , AAA , pass holder , hotels in the area , pakage deals , group discounts. I paid $39.00 for a Friday night. Also go to the park during the day and stay and scream (also a way to get a discount) this way you are in the park when they open for HHNs once they let you go from the holding area you can hit two or three houses before the crowds get to thick. Then later in the night go back to those houses and hit them again with your express pass. Planning it's all in the planning.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                          X