Opening It Up-New Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening It Up-New Idea?

We all know about "Haunted Houses", they are always dark and forboding .... and thereby maybe more mysterious?

The original floorplan of my house had an open stairway to the upstairs then maybe around 1940 somebody enclosed the stairway with cardboard-like covered walls making the stairway dark without a light being turned on.
    I built wooden boxes around each of these tall 1870 windows and made each window a display box for veiwing from outside of the house as customers wait outside or drive by gauking.
    Now one "box" is gone for good and customers and gaukers will be able to look in via an upstairs window and see other customers as they reach the top of the steps and enter the now open hallway next to the stairs, I think I just solved my "what am I going to put in my display window" question...my living, breathing, moving customers!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Why not? A window into their soul, a light bulb? Can you use your customers as...bait for OTHER customers?

The mind reels.

and spins.

Insomnia sucks.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

insomnia sucks the ambition out of you and your plans and commitments for the next day.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Turns you into a zombie for the next day. You end up feeling like a vampire on a day pass.

Comment

I'm thinking customers have to put on gas masks to go by the window. Once they pass the room fogs up.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I like the idea of being able to see the customers on the inside, especially if that part of the house is particularly scary. It would be great atmosphere!!
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

which was also the point of old funhouses with a second story having some pathway on a balcony out where the crowds outside can see them having a good time. Same principle for dark rides. Tis part of a ballyhoo effect...

Comment

Working...
              X