Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas might be an interesting show!

OK< not to throw more gas on this fire, but:
    I just talked to a friend who is a talent that will be working a booth in the Halloween section applying makeup. They have also been asked to act as a model at one of the other booths (getting made up). This person had no idea about the Vegas attitude to people walking around made up. Furthermore, they are pretty sure that they other company has no idea about the policy. Seems TW is purposely being very candid with the info they know, or are just plain ignorant. I mean Adam said he has heard directly from TW that makeup in the tradeshow area is ok, but not at the hotels. I also found out the same info today, but that is cause we asked. How many of the people from the convention are assuming everything will be the same? Might be really interesting watching all these people trying to go to the bars and hotels only to be told by security NO!!
    Sorry if this posting was a waste of your time...
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

It's very much a truth that makeup outside the expo center is a no-no, with the exception of walking the strip. Even on Halloween, there are very few places (bars and such) that will allow it. MGM has a huge Costume party that welcomes the makeups/costumes.

I think if attendees will expect to only have the makeup/costumes during the event or at private parties, things will be fine.

Comment

and just when Dirk had his nerve all worked up to wear his Vegas showgirl costume!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yep, this is really going to throw a wrench into the works. In order to avoid security issues at the hotels, people would have to wait to put make-up on until after they’ve arrived at the convention center, then conversely, they would have to wash it off before returning to their hotels. This is going to be a major inconvenience and frankly, will take part of the fun away from attending the show. So much for Vegas being the fun capital of the world. LOL. I have a feeling that a lot of people won’t want to deal with the hassle and many just won’t get into costume, as a result.
        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

This makes me sad, the best part of any of the Haunt gatherings is the opportuinty to see new and exciting costumes and characters that some of the best people in the industry come up with....... Im sorry to say it but its true the greatest costumes I see arent for sale by us vendors..... Its the guys that spend years creating a character, or someone that just threw together something at ther last minute and it all just FLOWED TOGETHER!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
          X