Cheap places to eat in Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap places to eat in Vegas?

I am a bit confused and sad. I thought Vegas was going to have a lot of cheap buffets like when I was there in 96. Can anyone tell us where we can eat cheap there (besides the dumpster?). I am staying at the Imperial palace
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

http://govegas.about.com/od/cehapeat..._Las_Vegas.htm
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Thanx Kev. It looks like things have changed a lot since my visit in 96.....
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Originally posted by xxxdirk View Post
        I am a bit confused and sad. I thought Vegas was going to have a lot of cheap buffets like when I was there in 96. Can anyone tell us where we can eat cheap there (besides the dumpster?). I am staying at the Imperial palace
        Go to vegas about once a year, and one of the best buffett we have found is at the Rio. It's not cheap though, It's fricken HUGE. If you go downtown to freemont street the prices are more pocket book friendly.

Go to Vegas tripping .com
        Lots of reviews of Hotels and Resturants.
        Last edited by Ratbitw; 02-29-2008, 07:39 PM.
        Whoa.........that was spooky!:twisted::evil::shock:

Comment

We were in Vegas in April last year and ate at the Rio buffet too. I had been to the buffet at Excaliber and thought it was huge until I saw the one at the Rio. I have never been anywhere that big or with so many choices of food. It is pricey, but I will be going there sometime during the trip. It seems like we ate at a place out off the strip called Sams town or something like that and it was reasonable and the food was good. Of course that might have changed since then. We are just looking forward to getting to the show this year. We got stuck in the snow storm last year in Washington and sat on plane for 4 hour at the gate and then they shut down the airport. Anyway, by the time we would have gotten to Chicago, we could have spent 4 hours at the show then flown back home the next day. So we did not go. We are glad that the show is a month later and someplace warmer. We can still have snow in March in VA ,but I hope it stays away this year!!

Steve Black

Comment

cheap....

Palace Station....good and cheap, but i do not think it`s any cheaper
            than where you r staying.......

Comment

I had family members visit Vegas last summer. They told me a lot of food places/restaurants closed really early. They told me it was really hard to find a place to go eat after a night of drinking 2:00 in the morning.
              ~Bill Mlinac
              The Deadland Haunted House
              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Don't know where your family stayed but pretty much every hotel has a coffee shop that's open 24 hours. Many have great breakfast specials after midnight.

Many of the buffets have gone "upscale"...they now use REAL food!!
                The days of Circus Circus cardboard buffet are gone (thank goodness)
                Now buffets start at about $14 but you have a much bigger selection.

The Sahara still has an inexpensive buffet, but it's at the far end of the Strip. If you have a car no problem, by cab, it's cheaper to eat at your own hotel.

Higher end buffets that have really good food are (in no order)
                MGM, Wynn, Beliagio, Mirage, Paris...

There are coupons and deals available. If you get a 2 for 1 it really makes things affordable!
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The question is where do we find those coupons! Hell Ill be happy to shave one persons meal off the tab out of my crew!
                  Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

As RJ Productions put it, the Sahara is at the other end, but there is the Frontier which is directly across the street from it. I went about 2 years ago, and they had a daily special going.

$6.99 Steak & shrimp

$7.99 steak & lobster

And were talking about a 9 or 10 ounce steak, with a salad, bread while you wait, a bajed potato and 1 more side.

There was way too much to eat, but it was all great!

IMO, this is gonna be the best deal if they still do it.
                    Brad Bowen
                    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                    X