What to expect at Transworld 08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect at Transworld 08?

Hey. I am relatively new to this whole deal. This year will be my first Transworld, and I am wondering from all you veterans of previous shows what I should expect? We are only 12 days away from the show and I don't think it has set in to me yet what a big deal this truly is. I also have a question about freebies, samples, and reading material. As far as baggage is concerned, would it be a good idea to bring an extra bag to take all the freebies, samples, and reading material home? Would a backpack be a good idea? I am hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks!

-Garry Richwine
    My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

First I hope you enjoy TW. This is my 5th or 6th. In all those years, I really never got any "freebies or samples" Catalogs, yes, you can get a TON of those. However, this year, I am going to ask vendors to mail one because I just will not have room for them on the plane.

Have fun! You can allways tell the newbies by seeing them trip over thier lower jaw!

Ron
    A THEATER OF LOST SOULS
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Lots of print stuff, yes. Freebies and samples, not much..
      Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 03-04-2008, 03:33 AM.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Agreed, not much for freebies unless you count networking info you may get. THAT can be worth more than anything! Haunters will gather to drink, visit, drink, network, drink...did I mention drink?

Thee is a Haunt Tour scheduled for Sunday night. Almost every Haunter will be there. Visit, drink, tour a haunt, drink, visit, tour another haunt, drink.... you get the idea!!!

Space is filling fast so don't hesitate;

www.VegasHauntTour.com

Enjoy your "first time", bring a camera, you won't be able to remember much afterwards...especially if you do alot of "visiting"!!!

Good Luck,, See you in Vegas!!!
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Garry,

Here are links to some Transworld Reviews that I've put together over the past few years that I hope you find helpful... Of course this year, things may be quite different, since the show will be in Vegas.

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/trans...04overview.php

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/trans...05overview.php

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2006t...ldoverview.php
          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

So maybe I missed it - Which Hotel is the Haunter's Hang Out in 2008?!

The Crowne always seemed to be the place to be in Chicago...

I think we are in the Treasure Island Hotel but wondered if or was there a "designated" hotel for Haunters this year?

Todd

Kevin, definately need to catch up w/ you if you are going!

Comment

Originally posted by BackInBlack137 View Post
              Hey. I am relatively new to this whole deal. This year will be my first Transworld, and I am wondering from all you veterans of previous shows what I should expect? We are only 12 days away from the show and I don't think it has set in to me yet what a big deal this truly is. I also have a question about freebies, samples, and reading material. As far as baggage is concerned, would it be a good idea to bring an extra bag to take all the freebies, samples, and reading material home? Would a backpack be a good idea? I am hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks!

-Garry Richwine
              A backpack or a pull along cart! I ended up shipping two boxes worth of literature home and my luggage weighed 60lbs!

So pack light and bring an extra bag or two to check or locate the local UPS or FED EX!

Comment

"Transworld 08"?
                I expect to see alot of Very Cranky, Bitchy people but I can't help it.
                The tour bus ride from Vegas to Mount Carrol,Ill. and back is a killer of a ride!
                All together one more time, "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of BLOOD!"
                Blood in your urine, blood in your bowels, blood all over the floor and seats , "Are we having FUN YET?"
                We must be , see all the buzzards following our bus?

HAHAHAHAHA!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Bus ride to Rqvens Grin and back

Hey Mr Warfield,
                  The bus ride from VEgas to Mt Carroll and back will never compare to that fateful ride from Chicago, the year of the 94 year old driver. I am sure glad you grandfather can't find the bus station anymore!! hahaha
                  Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                  Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Xxxdirk- I will make sure to work on my jaw strength. People stepping on it may look cool but it would hurt like hell.

RJ Productions- I can’t wait for the networking itself man! I can’t wait to “visit” with all of you. And yes, I got my tickets for the haunt tour like 2 weeks ago.

Haunted Illinois-Thanks for that man. Your reviews and your info page has been an awesome source of info!

Mr. Nightmarez- I will definitely be bringing a backpack with me. We are also staying at Treasure Island. Maybe we are neighbors?

Jim-Can’t wait for the busride! Cranky people make me cranky. Maybe we can sit them on the back of the bus. Bring on the blood song.

Thank all of you guys for getting back to me on the subject. I can’t wait to meet all of you guys out there and to see all of the vendors out there. Only 12 days left…not that I am counting!

-Garry Richwine
                    My personal dealings do not reflect the rights and views of Jason's Woods or Jason's Woods Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X