Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of Scareparts...Check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Scareparts...Check this out!

I think Keith has taken enough shots...please! Every single person who has contacted me about a problem with Keith has been contacted by Keith and he's working them all out. Lets start to focus on the positive from now on... huh?

If you still need my help let me know. Keith is getting things back on track!

Now... I had him do some stuff for me for my Kennywood project. One is this GEM... I thought I would share.

I had an idea that I wanted a zombie jumping out of cake. So I had Keith make this for me... I think this is an awesome animation. What do you think????

I think it needs some blood running down the cake but other than that what do you think? I love it!

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry,
    Not to sound like a JERK. But amazing how he can do a side project for you but yet it has taken a YEAR to get my stuff?

I'm not done dragging Keith - Not until I get the products I paid for over a year ago.

When I get my stuff and it is decent quality - I may be able to enjoy something

If the shoe was on your foot - you would feel the same way...

Comment

I think the cake itself looks good. Adding blood dripping from it may have people realizing it's an animation instead of a static prop before they come in contact with it. The skeleton looks decent, but I think it needs a little more detail such as razor sharp teeth and possibly some green glowing eyes. Loose the long stringy hair since every other skeleton animation has a similar hairstyle that the animation does. But overall I think it should be an effective scare if placed in the right spot.
      Spooky Wishes
      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I like the way Kevin McCurdy did it in storyline with the skeleton being a bride out of the wedding cake. Was a slow coming up, though. With room lights set so you don't see it coming up though,. it is one helluva surprise.
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Larry....

I just seen the cake made by Scarefarts I mean Scareparts. Before you pay him please send me the money instead of Keith! That way I can be made whole. Also thats if that piece of shit is worth 5000.00 Also this looks like a cheap attempt to give Keith some free advertizing! And I agree with Todd looks like you can get your shit in a matter of a few weeks yet some poor souls have waited over a year. This is just sorry dont delete this I will see you at the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shane P.S. Did he give you the cake for free or did he pay you to say thoes good words for him?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
            I just seen the cake made by Scarefarts I mean Scareparts. Before you pay him please send me the money instead of Keith! That way I can be made whole. Also thats if that piece of shit is worth 5000.00 Also this looks like a cheap attempt to give Keith some free advertizing! And I agree with Todd looks like you can get your shit in a matter of a few weeks yet some poor souls have waited over a year. This is just sorry dont delete this I will see you at the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shane P.S. Did he give you the cake for free or did he pay you to say thoes good words for him?
            Come off it dude, this is uncalled for.
            Jared Layman

Comment

your right

I agree that was very agressive and for that I am man enough to say I am sorry. But the point is Larry seems to be getting his products while everyone else has to settle for little or none of theirs. AND I REMIND YOU NOT JUST ME. But here Larry has a new item honestly its not that bad I suppose if you want that kind of thing. But the point still remains. Hes keeping the owenr of this sight happy. Has Scareparts screwed you? I BET NOT if so you would not be to quick to judge. Or maybe your just one of Keiths buddys that he takes care of. Either way its fine. Again Larry I was out of line and I will be man enough to say I AM SORRY for that cheap attatck. But as far as Scareparts they are still thiefs!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

At the begining of this post Larry offered to assist anyone that is trying to resolve issues with Scareparts. Rather than attacking, and then appologizing (while still coming across agressively) why not just ask Larry for a hand getting what you want?

I avoided scareparts, simply because of the negative stigma surrounding the company, so I can't say that I am or have been in your position, but clearly Larry has been able to recieve SOME results from Scareparts (albeit, a custom project while Scareparts' other customers wait to recieve stock products) It would probably be to your benefit to simply ask for Larry's assistance in resolving the dispute. Larry has a lot of well deserved clout in the industry, and it would be rediculous not to use it to your advantage when he has offered it to you.

~my $2 (adjusted for recent inflation)
                -Mat

Comment

This topic was about the prop, not about Scareparts perse. I was posting to see what people thought about the cake... and clearly the subject slides off again.

But I understand there are problems out there... I have put several buyers in touch with Scareparts. If you are having problems contacting him... send me an email direct with your name, address, and phone number. I promise you I will make sure Keith calls you back.

I'm only doing this not because I have TIME to do this, not because I'm Keiths bodyguard or whatever, but because Keith gave me his word he was going to get in touch with all you guys. So 'IF' I can help get your problems resolved I will do all I can do.

Now back to the cake. What do you think of it? LOL

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

PS, LARRY:

How do you plan on concealing the linkage armature of that prop? Supposing that corpse-cakes are usually placed on a table, the cake pieces are attached to the armature so that the bottom comes down at an angle on the sides, it would need either a hole in the top of the table in the shape of an oval to allow the cake clearance when it opened, leaving a gimmick-showing gap between cake and table, or it would need false table top pieces attached to the cake bottom, that would go into the table as well. either way, there are going to be lines and gaps all over the place that give the prop away, and thus the surprise of a corpse flying out of a cake is gone... and i really think that blood on the cake would only make it more expected.

IDK about this one, great concept... poor execution.
                    -Mat

Comment

what would be great is if there were bits and pieces of cake attatched to the corpse.... make it look as if it really did pop out of the cake... up the believability of it a little bit, if thats possible with corpse cakes.... but that all falls into the style of the attraction its going in... i personally hate seeing any sort of mechanics and end up covering them up if at all possible, i really feel it distracts from the scare if you can see what made that prop move, (or that the cake is a hollow piece of metal mayhaps) craft foam and a cheese grater make lovely fake cake textures, as does A/B foam and a cheese grater, come to think of it.
                      -Mat

Comment

Yes

Yes Larry did offer to help.But the sad thing about it is Larry is no God and he cant make Keith do anything he dont want to. Keith has no intentions to making anything right. Hes broke and cant afford to hes spent, eat, and drank it up and who knows what else from what I am told . Anyway I do think its great that Larry has offered to help. But he can only pass a suggestion to the low life (Keith) but thats as far as Larry can go. Anyhow I can say this never seen a prop like that its got to be a one of a kind. thats for sure. Suggestion why not get rid of the flowers on it and add like some body parts you know small ones fingers, nose, toes, eyes think it would look better than the flowers. Just my thoughts.
                        sigpic

Comment

My opinion...it's a neat idea. I think that if it were placed on a round table, the table could split down the middle beneath the cake. The seam on the table could be the seam where you'd add a leaf. As for hiding the mechanics, you could always add a floor length table cloth.

I'm not fond of how hard the cake looks...almost like plywood. I wouldn't add blood to it...to me it would be cheesy.

As with any prop, you can always alter it to fit your needs. Run with it, Larry!
                          www.mindseizure.com
                          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Cake

To be perfectly honest, the cake isn't anything special.

Comment

"Lurch - was she in there before you baked?"

I do like the concept and I think blood would be a nice touch. Maybe add some candles perhaps? The crack that separates the two cake halves kinda gives it away, though.

A little extra frosting on one half, that overlaps the crack might hide it well enough. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X