Skull walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skull walls

I have seen these by Scarefactory, and love the look, but their price (is it like $500 per wall?) as well as Scarefactorys reputation is scary. Are there any other choices for those of us on a smaller budget? Anyone ever see vaccuform ones or any other ideas?
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

We plan on building a hallway with skull walls this year, and we have been working on making polyurethane skulls for it. I made a half dozen simple latex molds, and we have been casting skulls for the last month. We will attach them to the walls and cover with a protective hard coat.
    If you get the 2 part expanding foam from Smooth-on you can get about 160 skulls out of one gallon of the lowest density stuff. They are not the best quality, but they will look great once on the wall and painted.
    Question now is whether to call it a Skullway or Skullorridor?
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

I made a mold using Bondo of a plastic skull, coating the plastic skull with latex first then used latex on the Bondo mold, poured more Bondo into the Bondo mold(keep it thin), pried them apart and had a skull from very tough, weather resistant car Bondo.
      Bondo sticks to bondo real good.
      Repairs or attaching is easy with more Bondo.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

when he loses his bondo, do you fill up with more bondo?
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

ok, sorry, time for some self promotion.

We make walls similar to the ones you are asking about, but we also sell the parts to do it your self.

http://evilusions.com/shop/product_i...oducts_id=1035

http://evilusions.com/shop/product_i...oducts_id=1036

They are thick latex sheets filled with a 3lb flexible foam and sealed with more latex. We cut the bones and skulls from the sheets, attach to wall and blend with cheesecloth, burlap, and other materials, then paint. It works really well and you don't have to worry about your customers destroying them as much as rigid foam parts because if they get punched or kicked they just bounce back.

We also have a large skeleton torso decayed into the wall piece to go with the skulls and bones, just haven't gotten on the website yet.
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Nice job Brian,

It makes for good detail and customization.
            You need to do an install with them and then use that image to promote the panels.
            People really need to see the potential.

Safetex used to sell tons of different latex panels 4 x 8.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I dont know much about cast making but is it possible to use a cheap hollow plastic skull with the back cut out as a form to make as many skulls as you want?
              http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

ok, maybe this will help. Its one we did real quick as a sample panel last year. This one is kinda sparse, but if your trying to stretch your budget, it would only cost about $60 to make each panel like this.
                Attached Files
                Brian Warner
                Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

The inside of those plastic skulls usually aren’t as detailed as the outside. You would be better off making some sort of flexible mold off the outside of the plastic skull. Either a latex or silicone mold would work. If you do use the inside of the plastic scull as a mold you will have to cast something flexible into it in order to get it out. And like I said I doubt you would get much detail. There are several sites on the web that will show you how to take a simple mold off something using latex or silicone. I would scrap the inside of the skull idea.
                  sigpic
                  Louis Brown
                  Owner, operator, and dish washer
                  at
                  DarkWood Manor

Comment

I'm not sure if they have skull & bone walls, but I remember Oak Island Entertainment having a ton of vacuform wall panels.

http://www.oakislandproductions.com/
                    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Nethercraft has new vacuform bone walls coming out and should be at Transworld. Tomak has some awesome stuff and is very reasonably priced.
                      Regards,
                      Jeff Londos
                      Monster-Tronics
                      Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                      www.Monster-Tronics.com
                      Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Thanks for all your ideas guys.
                        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

If I "scrap the inside of the skull ideas", I won't ever have any ideas ever again!
                          (I stopped allowing ideas to be put forth by other areas and organs of my body, especially that "One" area!)
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Heres an Idea you can use it if you want. Ive thought about reproducing these walls panels myself. Ive thought about using greatstuff expanding foam. Several foam skulls, cheese cloth, and maybe like the plastic skeletons you can buy for like $20 bucks the body parts. You could cut out sheets of plastic 4x4 or 4x8 which ever. Spray the greatstuff out. Spread w a putty knife. Precut the backs off of your foam skulls and liquid nail them in to stay better. Do the same w the bones off your plastic skeletons. Lay the cheese cloth in with the greatstuff. Smear it out and shape the holes and cuts ect. Let dry and paint to your desire. Maybe some work but it beats paying hundreds of dollars for something that will probably look as good espesscially in the dark! Also could do it with monster mud but it would probably be heavier and harder to attach to your walls. Goodluck!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Oh I forgot to tell you. Go to crypticimports.com for cheap affordable skulls to use to create your walls.
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X