Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HauntWorld's Top 13 List 2008

Okay folks...

This year I'm going to do things different. We're going to have the top 5 home haunts, top 5 haunted hayrides, top 5 amusement park haunts, Haunted Cornmaze/Halloween Event, Pumpkin Patch and top 13 haunted attractions.

In order to WIN a SPOT you must be nominated and YOU MUST place a YOU TUBE video ON THIS THREAD to even be considered.

If you can't take the time to make a video to show the industry WHY you deserve to be nomiated you will NOT be included. This goes FOR EVERYONE from Netherworld to Headless Horseman to the Darkness.

NO VIDEO NO LIST!

The Hauntworld top list has helped promote the whole idea of going to haunts whether or not you're on the list or not. However the list has gained some MAJOR PR in the MILLIONS!

So now is your chance...

Hauntworld Top 13 Haunts will go into a story in the next Hauntworld magazine in June...

Let the battle begin today...

Make a VIDEO... you can even make that video special with your introduction what makes your haunt one of the best in the nation.

I'm hoping EVERYONE will learn something from all the videos added.

Again if you don't add your video you can not be considered ... these are the new rules!!!!

RULES:

1) You must have a video embeded on this thread to be nominated.

2) The video must show highlights of your attractions.

3) The video must showcase what makes your attraction one of the best.

4) You have until June 1st, 2008 to submit your video.

5) After all videos have been submitted a poll will be created so people can cast votes. The winners will be announced on June 15th in Hauntworld Magazine issue #19.

6) You must states on the top of your post what category you're trying to win... Home Haunt - Haunted Hayride - Haunted Attraction - Haunted Cornmaze/Halloween Event - Pumpkin Patch

WINNING EVENTS WILL BE FEATURED IN THE 2008 HAUNTWORLD TOP 13 LIST EDITION. FEATURED ARTICLE ABOUT ALL ATTRACTIONS ON THE WEBSITE AND INSIDE THE MAGAZINE. VIDEOS WILL DISPLAY NEXT TO THE ARTICLE ON THE SITE. YOU WILL BE GIVEN A CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR WEBSITE THAT STATES YOU'RE ONE OF THE NATIONS BEST IN 2008 BY HAUNTWORLD.COM

As they say in UCF ... LETS GET IT ON!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON VIDEOS... this is encouraged because we want to know what you think of these videos!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

CreepyWorld in Fenton/St. Louis, Missouri wants to be nominated for Best Haunted Attraction.

Here is our video...
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

The Darkness, Located in St. Louis, Mo. wants to be nominated for Best Haunted Attraction.

Here is our video:

Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Attention Central Ohio Haunters

CENTRAL OHIO! If you don't have time to make a video for this thread, I'd be glad to help you out! Even if you're not in the Buckeye State, if you already have some footage, I can edit it for you. Lots of free time right now.

Samples available at www.youtube.com/actiondeath

Hit me up! It'll be worth your while.

ETA: Larry, that ghost town at CreepyWorld looks amazing. Absolutely a-friggin-mazing.
          Last edited by actiondeath; 03-09-2008, 08:25 AM.
          To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

So can anyone post a video of a haunt they want nominated or does it have to be an owner, actor or worker of the haunt that posts it? One thing I feel is a little unfair about the list is that The Darkness and other haunts associated with Scare Fest are always on the list and near the top. The writer of the list shouldn't be able to put his haunt on the list because it's a little biased. No matter if The Darkness is nominated or not it's going to be near the top with the greatest things said about it. I mean you wouldn't have an owner of a restaurant rank the best restaurants in America because he will obviously have his as one of the greatest. I've seen video and pictures of haunts at Scare Fest and they look incredible, but they shouldn't be considered. I'm not trying to start something, but that's the way it works when things are ranked. You can't have the writer and person responsible for the magazine have his haunt as one of the best.
            Spooky Wishes
            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Technically... since he is the writer of the magazine, he can do whatever he wants to do. You said yourself they are amazing haunts (judging by the videos). I don't think they should be disqualified for any reason. If it wasn't for the creator of such a list, none of the haunts would be getting this kind of PR.
              To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

NETHERWORLD - Nomination In Haunted Attraction Category

One of our folks made this for our wrap party, and he just re-edited it to music from our new CD we put out last year, so we could put it on Youtube.

We haven't been shooting enough video thats for sure! Clearly video is becoming as important as pictures these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljr3RmQZQsI

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD
                Last edited by Speculo; 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM.
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Spookywoods Haunted Attraction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpzOkHngax4
                  Tony Wohlgemuth,
                  Comes up with the fun stuff!
                  Kersey Valley, Inc.
                  www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Netherworld

Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Spookywoods

Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Here is what is at stake...

Hauntworld has been helping this industry gain a TON or positive PR for the past couple of years. Whether you make the list or not doesn't matter the list helps the WHOLE industry.

I don't want this to seem unfair, I want everyone to vote on this in 2008. The only way you can truly vote on something is if we can see your haunt. You must add the videos... if you think I only ad my friends you're wrong. If my quote unquote friends don't add videos they wont' be on any list I can assure you. YOU WILL VOTE THIS YEAR!!! YOU THE INDUSTRY!

But here is what you will get this year.

Check it out...
                        Attached Files
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Bates Motel

Over the past several years, the public relations program has placed the haunted attraction industry in the national limelight. Hauntworld has led the way and it is a huge benefit to all attraction owners.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1CaoTMtooA
                          Randy Bates
                          The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride
                          www.thebatesmotel.com

Comment

Great videos everyone.

Keep them coming.

Wayne
                            www.trailofterror.com

Comment

This is a short trailer that shows some highlights of our first year from a home haunt to commercial. We will work on a different version that shows more photos of the props when we get back from Transworld.

Even though we have a small budget and are just starting out as a commercial haunt, I think we have a shot at being chosen as one of the top 13 because of our attention to detail and original Halloween themed designs. Our huge monsters, some as tall as 34 feet are unique to the industry. This, coupled with a solid group of actors, very creative and scary maze design gives patrons something they can find only at Haunted Overload. Now we have a great permanent location at Coppal House Farm on 78 acres with a separate corn maze. I can really start to go wild with the designs and improvements for 2008! You can see more footage as well as our funny queue line entertainment in much better quality on the new DVD from Hauntworld, Americas best Haunted Houses. Thanks for the consideration and stay tuned for more videos.

Eric
                              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                              X