• Show
Clear All

• What do you play?

I play various roles. This year's roles have included:

A mage
    An evil castle guard
    An evil court jester
    A zombie

If you didn't guess. One of our houses has a medieval theme.

So what do you guys play at your haunts?
    Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

"The Teller Of The Tale"
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I guess I am "The Teller Of The Tales" & Resident potential psycho-path who just spent the last 20 years creating this house so I could trap and kidnapp YOU! (Or so it seems to be to alot of people?)
      "Genetic Research Must Continue!"
      ("Anyone ever tell you before Honey, that you're pretty cute?")
      HAHAHAHAHAHA!
      wHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THEIR ATTENTION AND SCARE THEM!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I am a ten foot grim reaper. have been for 12 years
        http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ryptreaper.jpg

Comment

I am a ten foot grim reaper. have been for 12 years
          And that's your screen name, too? What an amazing coincidence!

sometimes you just can't resist...even when the voices in your head are telling you to.

I got hired to do makeup, but found myself acting as well from day one. Various characters--

vampire
          hunchback
          doctor
          mad scientist
          exterminator

After I put together a Nosferatu I got put with the vampires a lot. Most vampires in most places I've seen or heard of are classic Dracs, Buffy-style, pretty(a la Anne Rice) or 'drooly'(meaning they, for some reason, are incapable of wiping their mouths--I know it's for a bit of extra gore, but it never sits well with me). I wanted something different. Large pointed ears(and I mean large), long clawed fingernails, and teeth that looked more like they'd rip your throat out rather than giving you those tasteful punctures.

That one became my fave because people weren't expecting it at all.

I also worked as a 'breaker'. I'm sure other houses use this system. Replacement actors that roam the attraction giving people breaks.

That was a hard character. You've got to fit whatever spots you're covering for--or be creative about why you don't fit.

One night, I had to break, as one of several, our 'twisted little girl' room. The distorted, fanged prosthetic and my tattered robe bore no relation to anything to do with the room or the little girl...until.

A mother and son came into the room and I loomed out at them from the hiding spot--which looked something like a closet. The boy screamed and grabbed his mother saying, 'it's the monster in the closet!!'--and THAT gave me an idea--I bent down and growled 'not anymore, I've been demoted to imaginary friend--wanna play?' And I twisted the head off a doll.

I guess I liked breaker, too

Comment

During the old JC's Haunted House I was "The Guy Who Actually Scared Our Tour Guide", infront of his customers he was leading and narrating the house for.
            This guy was high-strung and reacted memorably when scared, everybody laughed alot!
            He was also very theatrical in his delivery so when he got scared it did not fit his theatrical character at all (making it even funnier!)
            It was so simple, he would give a huge introduction to "The Monster Behind The Bathroom Door!", he would swing it open ..and nothing?
            I would be standing, breathing down the back of his neck!
            Of course I couldn't be as noteworthy as an insurance man who was standing urinating in the foul ,broken toilet there when the door was swung open for everyone to see!
            Lucky he had on a full-head Mummy mask!
            The odor rising up from that commode was deadly!
            (Now you know why I chose to be sneaking up behind someone and not in that bathroom!) PEE-YOO!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I am the do everything guy.
              Build,manage crew,run the make up department, and my favorite act!

4 chracters as of now.

Zombie type charcter named Rage in the cage

Last years freak was Fruitopia the cross dressing hilbilly

I also play another hillbilly named booger, booger was created for acting in cold weather climates when guest acting at drafty haunts and during the frigid Transworld weekend. Booger is a pryo,loves to play with fire and light all the pretty girls on fire because they smell nice when their skin melts!
              Lastly my crowd favorite, Babyman
              Babyman sports fuzzy lion slippers, stripped socks, little boys t-shirt stretched very tightly to get on, and of course a diaper and a really saggy one at that. Half gallon of water fills it when it's on for that droopy leaky look. Then i plaster the diaper in peanut butter and chocolate sauce and blood, pair of nasty gloves,make up, spiked hair and lots of toy props!
              Most of my characters are different from the norm as you can tell i shot for the freak show look for sure!

Comment

Gunna dress up for Transworld?
                I was laughing, thinking about it, maybe dressing like "Dog" the Bounty hunter"
                (That ship sank way too many years ago for him to ever find!)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A crazy person, what else....
                  "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
                  -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

My present "role" is owner and oh-so genial host of The Baxter Avenue Morgue, who welcomes the visitors to "the family business" and informs them of the rules they must follow that may (or may not) help them make it safely through the tour.

Back when I first entered into the haunt biz via the Louisville Jaycees (roughly 30 years ago!), I played the following characters:

1) The Wolfman (which became my trademark role for several
                    years and I replayed most recently in 2000 at
                    Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom's "Fright Fest".)

2) The Gorilla (also known as "Super Ape", I'd escape from my
                    cage by bending the "steel bars" and charging
                    at customers.)

3) Insane Asylum Inmate (some say I had a natural gift for this
                    part...*chuckle*)

4) Quasimodo
                    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

I gotta agree with Kevin...I've pretty much been the do everything chic. Help brainstorm, design and build. Do set design, decorating. Find costumes and props. Do a lot of the makeup (used to do almost all of it, with other actors doing their own, but finally got some help...which is nice!). Used to do security and act (I'd divulge all of my past characters, but some things are more fun when they are kept secret. Mike, don't you dare tell. ) I help train the actors, as well as audition them. I cashier and occasionally take tickets....and all the rest of it, too. LOL.

Fifteen years ago volunteering as a makeup artist and actor, I never envisioned I'd have the chance to do everything else I've experienced...or that there were so many other people around the world who enjoy it as much as I do.

*warm, spooky fuzzies to my Hauntworld family!*
                      www.mindseizure.com
                      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Instead of continuing to do it all myself, I am considering contracting out al of my duties to sub-atomic particle world demonic dwarfs.
                        They have a good business plan and ambitions and move real low but quickly.
                        I first met them loitering around my electric razor trying to get a "buzz".
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I play "the crazed staging-area chick" as me and one other gal try to get 40 different volunteer charity group actors (who act as their fundraiser) into costume & makeup.

Sometimes I will suddenly change character and change into "a bitch" when the cheerleader-volunteer group asks for us to do "cute makeup" on them and to not put them in the dark because they are afraid of it.

Needless to say the cheerleaders will no longer be volunteer-acting as their fundraiser with us... ever again.

Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                          The White Star Farm
                          "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

GIVE ME A B GIVE ME A O GIVE ME ANOTHER O WHATS IT SPELL? I don't know because I'm a cheerleader.
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

A true cheerleader story:
                              In the early 1960's Shimer College, Mount Carroll, Illinois established the all-time record as the losing-est small college basketball team of all time, they were hysterical to watch they were so bad!
                              Some of the Shimer girls decided they needed some "Cheering", they bought material and sewed up little dresses and made up their own cheers, one cheer was this one:"Shimer's it!
                              Shimer's it!
                              s-h for Shimer!
                              i-t for IT!"
                              All screamed very wide-eyed and innocently to the crowd.
                              Shimer prided itself on being a very intellectual place...most of the time.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X